World Series

donbarzini

So, you are survival of the fittest on this, tigers battling sheep, etc?

yes sir. I guess I am. Nothing infuriates me more than anowner who really doesn't give a #### about anything more than the bottom line in his ledger. A perfect situation is Pittsburgh. You can NOT tell me that the Pirates wouldn't have more asses in the seats if they were winners. Yet that SOB cries poor-mouth because the fans won't support us. And I can't build a winner because we're a small market. Bull####. Really?? Isn't this the same market that has the ummmmmmmmm Penguins? And what's the name of their football team? Oh Yeah!!! The Steelers. They've won a couple, haven't they? So if you can't afford it, sell it to someone who can and get the #### out of the way!

I want to rethink my reply in one aspect. That is the tiger/sheep analogy. I don't think that is a valid analogy. Sheep indicates an ignorance of the process through an innocence factor that just doesn't exist here. I think the more proper analogy would be tiger/jackal. Because these owners know the process they just want somebody to make the kill and then they come along and feed on the carcass.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Shh..this will further solidify The Danny's thinking he can buy a championship. :ohwell:

Baseball salaries 2009;

Yankees; $200,000,000
Phillies; $120,000,000
Marlins; $36,000,000

There simply is not the room for the kind of disparity in the NFL that is necessary to 'buy' a title. If you're in baseball, you look at what the winners do; spend WAY more than everyone else.

In the NFL, look at what the winners do. Better teams by knowing football better. Same money.

Granted, Snyder is using the Yankee model; let the cream rise to the top. league wide, then try to buy it. It just doesn't work.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
yes sir. I guess I am. Nothing infuriates me more than anowner who really doesn't give a #### about anything more than the bottom line in his ledger. A perfect situation is Pittsburgh. You can NOT tell me that the Pirates wouldn't have more asses in the seats if they were winners. Yet that SOB cries poor-mouth because the fans won't support us. And I can't build a winner because we're a small market. Bull####. Really?? Isn't this the same market that has the ummmmmmmmm Penguins? And what's the name of their football team? Oh Yeah!!! The Steelers. They've won a couple, haven't they? So if you can't afford it, sell it to someone who can and get the #### out of the way!

This is a resource argument. Other sports leagues have made it possible for Pittsburgh to compete with NY in terms of resources. Baseball has not.

2009 Yankee payroll; $200,000,000
Pirates; $48,000,000

2008 Giants; $115,000,000
2008 Steelers; $128,000,000

The Yankees earn something like $200,000,000 a year in local radio alone.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo................:jameo:

Poor Philly......:huggy:

Is it April yet????:bawl:

Go BoSox......YEA!!! We may do it this (2010)

(I hate the Yankees.....>$$$$$$$$$$<.............)

Peter Forsberg

Yankees still spending

Just a little tidbit. The Phillies are not spending anymore money on the team. The N.Y. Yankees are still spending money to improve the team. MLB is a mess...

Otter

Nothing to see here
Just a little tidbit. The Phillies are not spending anymore money on the team. The N.Y. Yankees are still spending money to improve the team. MLB is a mess...

Since the Phillies aren't spending, maybe they should lend some money to the Phyers so they can put a hockey club on the ice.

Peter Forsberg

Since the Phillies aren't spending, maybe they should lend some money to the Phyers so they can put a hockey club on the ice.
Here is a typical Deadskins fans response to that. How many cups has the Crapitals won? Maybe the Nats should packup and leave town before they have another 100 loss season.

Last edited: