World Series

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
That dipstick Phillies pitcher just nailed A-Rod! Not much of an attempted
pitch inside - he was going for A-Rod's torso!

Backfired! 2 - 0, NY Yankees lead! :popcorn:

Animal

I eat red meat
Katie, I'd tell you to go lick your sweetie's balls, but he's already proven he doesn't have any. And when YOU have the balls to step out from behind your MPD, I'm still right here #####.
And I guess you would know more about someone's balls being the expert you are. Yeah, I've heard that you often have a set dangling from your chin.

Step out from behind my MPD? :lol: Ooooh, you're so scary. :killingme

The fact remains that intentionally throwing at a batter is bush league and if it was part of the game there would be no need for a rule against it.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
The 9th inning last night was a heartbreaker. :sad:

That 2 base steal by Damon was pretty awesome though.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Johnny Damon's at bat, a nine pitch masterpiece, definitely set the stage in that 9th inning. Then he hits a single!

He then takes off on a steal, notices there's NOONE covering third base, and takes the double steal! :yahoo:

Texiera gets hit, and then A-Rod comes through, as well as Posada! Way to go, Yankees!

It's not over yet, however - the Yankees are in the drivers seat now! :diva:

donbarzini

And I guess you would know more about someone's balls being the expert you are. Yeah, I've heard that you often have a set dangling from your chin.

Step out from behind my MPD? :lol: Ooooh, you're so scary. :killingme

The fact remains that intentionally throwing at a batter is bush league and if it was part of the game there would be no need for a rule against it.

Larry detailed in a much better manner than I could why it is, and always will be, part of the game. You gonna call him an idiot too? And don't obfuscate either. You know damn well I wasn't being physically threatening. I just want you to be brave enough to let everyone know who you are. But I guess that's too much to ask from a wimp like you. Isn't it KayKay?

Pete

Repete
:pete: A-Rod struck out twice and popped out once vs. Pedro.

Burnette had a helluva a game last night, but not as good as Lee did the night before.

And Posada is in SERIOUS need of a nose job. :toucanbeak:

He doesn't care silly woman. His bank balance wont even print on an ATM reciept because the slip is too narrow for all the digits AND Kate Hudson no doubt made it all better right after the game in the limo ride back to the hotel.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
He doesn't care silly woman. His bank balance wont even print on an ATM reciept because the slip is too narrow for all the digits AND Kate Hudson no doubt made it all better right after the game in the limo ride back to the hotel.

I thought you were talking about Posada until I got to the Kate part. :lol:

Animal

I eat red meat
Larry detailed in a much better manner than I could why it is, and always will be, part of the game. You gonna call him an idiot too? And don't obfuscate either.
Yeah, he's an idiot too, it was never intended to be a part of the game or there wouldn't be a rule against doing it.

T

toppick08

Yeah, he's an idiot too, it was never intended to be a part of the game or there wouldn't be a rule against doing it.

:baby:...you must have been one of those pussy boys afraid of a little hard ball......

donbarzini

Hey Forsberg, wanna get your thoughts on how Manuel has handled(or failed to) the pitching staff. I'm really beginning to believe they won it last year in spite of him. He and Mike Hargrove screwed up the 1st WS he was in. And I hold him responsible for ruining Jaret Wright's career. Sending a kid that young out there to throw 120-140 pitches at the end of his 1st full season is unconscionable. He had some success later with the Braves, but he was never really the same.

Peter Forsberg

Hey Forsberg, wanna get your thoughts on how Manuel has handled(or failed to) the pitching staff. I'm really beginning to believe they won it last year in spite of him. He and Mike Hargrove screwed up the 1st WS he was in. And I hold him responsible for ruining Jaret Wright's career. Sending a kid that young out there to throw 120-140 pitches at the end of his 1st full season is unconscionable. He had some success later with the Braves, but he was never really the same.
Look at what the Yanks are doing throwing only 3 starters on 3 days rest. Honestly, I was hoping Lee would start game 4. I have little confidence in Blanton or Hamels. If we extend it to a 7th Hamels will start. :(

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Look at what the Yanks are doing throwing only 3 starters on 3 days rest. Honestly, I was hoping Lee would start game 4. I have little confidence in Blanton or Hamels. If we extend it to a 7th Hamels will start. :(

Please tell me why Lee hasn't been in the whole time.... I can't figure out why.

Peter Forsberg

Please tell me why Lee hasn't been in the whole time.... I can't figure out why.
Charlie has done this all year and I guess he is taking the if it ain't broke don't fix it approach. I give him a little credit he didn't put Lidge in last night. Lee needed to get pulled in last nights game he had given up 4 runs in the 8th inning. If the Yanks end up losing the series the Yanks manager is going to take alot of heat for starting his guys on 3 days rest.

Last edited: