Would you marry a convict?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I've thought about this question a lot since it was posted, and I still believe that it is a firm "Hell, no".

MMDad

Lem Putt
Just curious if you'd be willing to marry a person who had been in jail before?

I'm not talking about becoming the spouse of someone who spend a night in jail for something simple; I'm talking about someone who has spend a fair amount of time in jail, for something somewhat big.

Me? No. Not worth the headache/heartache, especially when I'd always be concerned that he enjoyed jail a little too much, iffin' you know what I mean. :whistle:

They would need to demonstrate that they are no longer that person. It would depend on circumstances, but at least 10 years and maybe more if it was bad enough. But someone who is still on probation/parole, or has offended recently? No way. Never. Honesty and character matter.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Maybe it's a female that is the jail bird.

Again, I say, in for what?

:popcorn:

crazyeyes.jpg

jaie

So happy!
Just curious if you'd be willing to marry a person who had been in jail before?

I'm not talking about becoming the spouse of someone who spend a night in jail for something simple; I'm talking about someone who has spend a fair amount of time in jail, for something somewhat big.

Me? No. Not worth the headache/heartache, especially when I'd always be concerned that he enjoyed jail a little too much, iffin' you know what I mean. :whistle:

No way. My Mom married a convicted felon and we no longer have a relationship.

inkah

Actually been there done that. Decade and a half of hell is what it was. Just barely got out.

Whoever your mysterious "her" is - you should have her talk to me.

Ya'll're smartuns.

mamatutu

mama to two
I've thought about this question a lot since it was posted, and I still believe that it is a firm "Hell, no".

You were the one that posted this thread, so why do you still question it? Your intentions were not honorable. Was it that you just wanted to bump your thread? You are very lucky to be married to a great guy like itsbob. Why would you want to be so mean? Some of us are not stupid. Oh, and your avatar is pretty skanky. Just sayin'....

Of course, I only know most of y'all from the written word on this forum, but it is easy to pick up on y'all's vibes. And, if you are going to use the word y'all. The apostrophe comes after the y, not the a. You're welcome.

What is your opinion on second chances? Or, is your life so mistake free that you can judge others? Please enlighten us on how perfect you are.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
You were the one that posted this thread, so why do you still question it? Your intentions were not honorable. Was it that you just wanted to bump your thread? You are very lucky to be married to a great guy like itsbob. Why would you want to be so mean? Some of us are not stupid. Oh, and your avatar is pretty skanky. Just sayin'....

Of course, I only know most of y'all from the written word on this forum, but it is easy to pick up on y'all's vibes. And, if you are going to use the word y'all. The apostrophe comes after the y, not the a. You're welcome.

What is your opinion on second chances? Or, is your life so mistake free that you can judge others? Please enlighten us on how perfect you are.

Seek help freakadoodle.

Vince

No convicts. You don't need to create problems in your life. Life gives you enough problems.

sockgirl77

:cheers:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I think BadGirl's perfect just the way she is. And I think it's because she, along with many of us, has made mistakes in life and learned from them is why she, and many of us, can judge others when she, and many of us, see somebody doing something profoundly ignorant. Like say, making the dumb ass decision to marry a felon who is a man with a drug problem. :ohwell: I can see from a mile off that is not a good life choice.

Many people keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over, and just don't learn. Like you mamatutu and your insulting posts late at night with either your split personality reigning supreme or the alcohol taking hold. It's a shame you won't learn to step away from the computer, lay off the alcohol (or is it meds). By all implications, you are an older lady who should be exhibiting some wisdom by now. :ohwell: Oh well, I guess some people are meant to die alone and bitter. :shrug:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Hmmm, never say never. :nono: I would consider it if the guy was like some exotic art thief that had millions tucked away in some hidden bank account that only I could access. Oh! And he would have to also be very handsome, with good teeth. :yay:

Outside of those parameters, it is unlikely.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think BadGirl's perfect just the way she is. And I think it's because she, along with many of us, has made mistakes in life and learned from them is why she, and many of us, can judge others when she, and many of us, see somebody doing something profoundly ignorant. Like say, making the dumb ass decision to marry a felon who is a man with a drug problem. :ohwell: I can see from a mile off that is not a good life choice.

Many people keep making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over, and just don't learn. Like you mamatutu and your insulting posts late at night with either your split personality reigning supreme or the alcohol taking hold. It's a shame you won't learn to step away from the computer, lay off the alcohol (or is it meds). By all implications, you are an older lady who should be exhibiting some wisdom by now. :ohwell: Oh well, I guess some people are meant to die alone and bitter. :shrug:

:clap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hmmm, never say never. :nono: I would consider it if the guy was like some exotic art thief that had millions tucked away in some hidden bank account that only I could access. Oh! And he would have to also be very handsome, with good teeth. :yay:

Outside of those parameters, it is unlikely.

See, the problem with that is that, if he did jail time, it means he got caught. So I'd be afraid that the feds were just waiting for some dummy like me to come along and access that money so they could pounce on me. Even more than marrying a jailbird, I do not want to be one myself because that would suck. Although it would streamline my retirement options.