WWII Vets “slowly” storm Memorial

luvmygdaughters

Good for them. If anybody deserves to be at the memorial today, its the vets that served in WWII. Besides that, the memorial belongs to the american people not the damn government. How dare the government that sent them to war in the first place is now trying to keep them from the Memorial that pays tribute to what they did. What morons!!!:smack:

nomoney

Why are these places blocked off anyhow? It makes no sense. They don't cost any money to be (I won't say open, I'll say "unblocked"). I get shutting down the museums, zoos, even shutting the fountains off in the reflecting pools - but why (besides the obvious political ploy) would these self guided monuments be restricted?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Actually they do cost money to operate - protection, picking up the trash comes immediately to mind. The park service people are the ones that handle that and they're in long enough to baricade things today.

I wonder if there's enough trash generated in one day to warrant someone there everyday? I never considered protection (I assume from vandalism). I never thought they were that for that anyhow, maybe to answer questions.

I wonder if there's enough trash generated in one day to warrant someone there everyday? I never considered protection (I assume from vandalism). I never thought they were that for that anyhow, maybe to answer questions.

Yes. People are friggin' slobs.

While they may not be standing right there to prevent vandalism, you'd be surprised how many cameras there are watching, and how fast they respond when needed. Now they lose the people watching the cameras too.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Honor Flight to World War II Memorial in jeopardy due to shutdown : News : NorthwestOhio.com

Honor Flight of Northwest Ohio has a trip scheduled to depart from Toledo next Wednesday, October 9.

"We will make the call this Friday to determine if the flight is still a go, or if we will have to re-schedule," Armstrong explains.

He says they are considering going ahead with the trip even if the government is still on shutdown, but when he called the parks service, he was told they would face arrest. "I said, are you kidding me? You're going to arrest a 90/91-year-old veteran from seeing his memorial? If it wasn't for them it wouldn't be there. She said, 'That's correct sir.'"

When Armstrong asked for her name, he says she did not give it to him and then promptly hung up the phone.

Honor Flight to World War II Memorial in jeopardy due to shutdown : News : NorthwestOhio.com

Honor Flight of Northwest Ohio has a trip scheduled to depart from Toledo next Wednesday, October 9.

"We will make the call this Friday to determine if the flight is still a go, or if we will have to re-schedule," Armstrong explains.

He says they are considering going ahead with the trip even if the government is still on shutdown, but when he called the parks service, he was told they would face arrest. "I said, are you kidding me? You're going to arrest a 90/91-year-old veteran from seeing his memorial? If it wasn't for them it wouldn't be there. She said, 'That's correct sir.'"

When Armstrong asked for her name, he says she did not give it to him and then promptly hung up the phone.

They are 90ish so what the heck will a police record do to them... storm the barriers, boys! :patriot:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
and it gets better :sarcasm:

Shutdown overreach: More guards at WWII memorial than Benghazi; Park Service closes park it doesn't run | WashingtonExaminer.com

The National Park Service is sending so many officials out to shut down federal parks from visiting Americans that at this rate it might have to suspend furloughs if the government closure continues

At the World War II Memorial on The Mall in Washington, where veterans have been staging protests to keep it open, Washington Examiner's Charlie Spiering reports that at least seven officials were dispatched Wednesday morning to set up a ring of barricades to block tourists from the memorial. That is two more security officials than the State Department had in Benghazi a year ago on the night of the terrorist attack that killed four, including the U.S. ambassador.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:clap:

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/02/...al-today-closed-due-to-obama-admin-pettiness/

The same veterans group that managed to storm the gates at the WWII memorial yesterday is planning taking on the fences at the Lincoln Memorial today. This sounds like a capitol idea, pun intended.

Both memorials are open air memorials. The Lincoln Memorial is open 24 hours a day, normally. If you’ll recall, it was wide open to having someone throw green paint on it in the evening a few months ago.

So that means the Obama administration is making a conscious effort to spend more in time and money to shut off something which is normally open.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
The same veterans group that managed to storm the gates at the WWII memorial yesterday is planning taking on the fences at the Lincoln Memorial today.

I know of one thing that will stop the WWII Veterans from storming the Lincoln Memorial.

Steps :jet:

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
To punish the citizens for electing representatives that are trying to thwart the will of the king

He's a small spiteful person

If that was true he would have shut down White House tours during the sequester while spending millions on his own security for his many vacations.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Oh man - look at the armed men standing by to prevent the WWII vets. This is fcked up.

Attachments

• Guards.jpg
    Guards.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 114