X-treme Athletics

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
I'm not impressed. I think the office staff is very unorganized. Twice now I haven't had good luck with them. When I first went in to sign DD up for a class, there was a lady there requesting to be reimbursed back because of a lack of communication between them and her and when classes were cancelled. I should have walked out and seeked other alternatives, but I figured maybe this lady just had a bad experience.

That same night while I was trying to register, I had to finally stop someone and asked about registering. They kept walking past me as I stood at the counter.

I called to find out if the place would be open for class on Monday because I wasn't sure if they would be closed for the Holiday. The lady who answered the phone also didn't know. She took my info and said they would call me back to let me know. I didn't get a call back, and tried to call on Monday when they should have been open. No one answered so I figured they were closed. I called again yesterday to inquire and the lady said they were opened and because I didn't take my DD, we lost out on that class. I'm not at all worried about losing the credit for the class, but I do think they could be better organized. I was wondering if other customers experienced the same problems or are they normally pretty good? I could sign DD up again for the next session, but don't want to waste my time and money if there is constant problems with the staff.

Tina2001aniT

I'm not impressed. I think the office staff is very unorganized. Twice now I haven't had good luck with them. When I first went in to sign DD up for a class, there was a lady there requesting to be reimbursed back because of a lack of communication between them and her and when classes were cancelled. I should have walked out and seeked other alternatives, but I figured maybe this lady just had a bad experience.

That same night while I was trying to register, I had to finally stop someone and asked about registering. They kept walking past me as I stood at the counter.

I called to find out if the place would be open for class on Monday because I wasn't sure if they would be closed for the Holiday. The lady who answered the phone also didn't know. She took my info and said they would call me back to let me know. I didn't get a call back, and tried to call on Monday when they should have been open. No one answered so I figured they were closed. I called again yesterday to inquire and the lady said they were opened and because I didn't take my DD, we lost out on that class. I'm not at all worried about losing the credit for the class, but I do think they could be better organized. I was wondering if other customers experienced the same problems or are they normally pretty good? I could sign DD up again for the next session, but don't want to waste my time and money if there is constant problems with the staff.

Don't waste your time or money.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Doesn't their handbook list holiday closings?

Not sure, I was never given one. When I first called, their answering machine said they following the public schools on closings. I wasn't sure if it was just for bad weather or for everything.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not sure, I was never given one. When I first called, their answering machine said they following the public schools on closings. I wasn't sure if it was just for bad weather or for everything.

They don't email them out?

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Are you interested in gymnastics, cheerleading, or a different sport?

I was trying to see what DD would like. Some of the kids in her class must be in dance or something because she comes home twirling and wants us to watch her do a "recital". I think the dance class costs are OUTRAGEOUS and didn't want to jump in with that until I could see if she would be interested. So I thought I would try the gymnastics first. Not sure where it will take us.

Tina2001aniT

I was trying to see what DD would like. Some of the kids in her class must be in dance or something because she comes home twirling and wants us to watch her do a "recital". I think the dance class costs are OUTRAGEOUS and didn't want to jump in with that until I could see if she would be interested. So I thought I would try the gymnastics first. Not sure where it will take us.

Where are you located? My daughters cheer here Welcome to Unique Sports Academy the people are wonderful, and it is a great organization. They have recreational and competitive gymnastics. They are located in Waldorf, we drive an hour each way and it is worth every second of the drive. They are actually having a competitive gymnastics meet there this weekend.
When we left our old gym I was trying to decide between xtreme and this gym and the attitude of the owner at extreme made my decision cake.
There are many girls at our gym that came from extreme and are much happier here.

Kygirlnmd

Where are you located? My daughters cheer here Welcome to Unique Sports Academy the people are wonderful, and it is a great organization. They have recreational and competitive gymnastics. They are located in Waldorf, we drive an hour each way and it is worth every second of the drive. They are actually having a competitive gymnastics meet there this weekend.
When we left our old gym I was trying to decide between xtreme and this gym and the attitude of the owner at extreme made my decision cake.
There are many girls at our gym that came from extreme and are much happier here.

I have a daughter who is a competetive gymnast at Unique and I agree that it's wonderful and worth the drive. Their motto is 'One gym, one Family' and they hold true to it.

Tina2001aniT

I have a daughter who is a competetive gymnast at Unique and I agree that it's wonderful and worth the drive. Their motto is 'One gym, one Family' and they hold true to it.

They absolutely do, I love that place. Good Luck to your daughter this weekend. We are going to try to make it up to watch some of it.

central

My little girl is on the gymnastic team at Xtreme and I have to say she is having a great time. It is a great place to be apart of. She started at Xtreme when she was 4yrs old and we have been there ever since. When she started out she couldnt even do a forward roll and now she is flipping all over. The coaches are great and very professional. I feel that Xtreme is a great place for kids to learn. I recommend that you go to the website and check it out. It is a great place for kids to learn.

You should go back and give Xtreme another chance... They are great people and they all work hard there. My kid and I know many others have had great time and have learned alot for all the coaches they have met at Xtreme.

Xtreme Gymnastics Rocks.......:yahoo::high5::dude:

GotMilk

I paid for a couple sessions over the summer went to 3 of them. The teenager (maybe 20) that was doing the class for my then 6 year old came in late complaining because she should have been out on the boat instead of doing the class. This is what I heard the whole class with her crappy attitude towards the kids. Never been back lost some money on that one. Sadly I was unable to find anything else so she has been with the St Mary's Parks and Recs place since, not really happy with them either but they are better with the kids. I will try some places suggested in the thread.

delfromlb

Xtreme Athletics

I often wonder why people who have bad experiences in life feel the need to speak their minds in a public forum like this and ruin the very positive experiences of others. It baffles me on a daily basis and I must just chalk it up to sheer ignorance...or boredom. In this life we are the only ones responsible for own success and our own happiness. No one else can make that happen for you. I could go on forever with this basic life lesson but it wont make a difference on this forum. What I would like to do here is defend the staff at Xtreme and ward off the negative comments you may read here. Xtreme is a wonderful facility in a great location with an extremely talented staff on hand at all times. My daughter walked into Xtreme in the summer of 2008 with little tumbling talent and a basic cheer background from a Middle School cheer squad. By August 2008 my daughter was a Freshman who earned a proud spot on the Varsity Cheer Squad at Leonardtown High School. Along with her determination, motivation and coaching from the staff at Xtreme she was a very proud "flyer" on this very talented squad that went on to make the MARYLAND STATE LEVEL competition qualification. She was fortunate to have one of the best coaches in the County at LHS and she recognized the talent my daughter brought to her mats. We look forward to 3 more years of Cheerleading at LHS. It has been one of the best experiences of her young life. And. I will always compliment and recognize Xtreme for helping my daughter achieve this dream. Cant wait for her next practice/workout/session...! At Xtreme. We will be there all Spring and Summer working hard and setting our goals even higher.

Tina2001aniT

I often wonder why people who have bad experiences in life feel the need to speak their minds in a public forum like this and ruin the very positive experiences of others. It baffles me on a daily basis and I must just chalk it up to sheer ignorance...or boredom. In this life we are the only ones responsible for own success and our own happiness. No one else can make that happen for you. I could go on forever with this basic life lesson but it wont make a difference on this forum. What I would like to do here is defend the staff at Xtreme and ward off the negative comments you may read here. Xtreme is a wonderful facility in a great location with an extremely talented staff on hand at all times. My daughter walked into Xtreme in the summer of 2008 with little tumbling talent and a basic cheer background from a Middle School cheer squad. By August 2008 my daughter was a Freshman who earned a proud spot on the Varsity Cheer Squad at Leonardtown High School. Along with her determination, motivation and coaching from the staff at Xtreme she was a very proud "flyer" on this very talented squad that went on to make the MARYLAND STATE LEVEL competition qualification. She was fortunate to have one of the best coaches in the County at LHS and she recognized the talent my daughter brought to her mats. We look forward to 3 more years of Cheerleading at LHS. It has been one of the best experiences of her young life. And. I will always compliment and recognize Xtreme for helping my daughter achieve this dream. Cant wait for her next practice/workout/session...! At Xtreme. We will be there all Spring and Summer working hard and setting our goals even higher.

People speak their mind when opinions are asked for. When people are spending $3-4,000 a year on cheerleading/gymnastics other people's experiences mean a lot. Opinions were asked for and I gave mine. If you search you will find a thread where I asked about that very gym. I emailed back and forth with the owner for a while and decided that I was NOT going to take my daughters. I have spoken to MANY people who have left extreme and come to the gym where I have my daughters and are MUCH happier there. Again, an opinion was asked for and mine was given.
I am curious does your daughter cheer for extreme or just do gymnastics there?

delfromlb

My daughter has been taking tumbling classes at Xtreme since the summer and she has also gotten involved in stunting with qualified staff members. Now that her school cheer season is over she will be a part of the cheer squad that was just recently formed at Xtreme. We havent had much experience with that squad yet as we were concentrating on LHS and their success. I am looking forward to this opportunity to have my daughter continue to work out during her "off season" from her school squad. Again, I am only basing my opinion on our personal experience there. I understand that not everyone has had the same positive experience. It just happened to be a very good one for us. I wish you luck in finding a gym that works best for you.