You Will Love This One ! It is way too close for comfort!

3CATSAILOR

BOWIE, Md. — In a move aimed at enhancing road safety, the Bowie Police Department has initiated a one-month demonstration program featuring artificial intelligence-powered stop sign cameras at key intersections throughout the city.

That right. "Stop sign" cameras. I knew it was only a matter of time. And it is A I powered too. That should give us all some great comfort. Of course the folks that live there are probably hearing the usual speal that "It's all about school safety". Sure it is.

I wonder how long it will take until it finds its way further South? Even a skunk has a range of quite a few miles per day.

Now don't forget, it's never about revenue for Police Departments. It's only about safety.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We have at least one accident a week here during tourist season because some dumbass blows a stop sign. And we have several more because the tourons come from places that don't teach them what red lights mean.

Just sayin'....

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I oppose both the red light AND speed cameras.

It should be live cops making the stops, so that when they're not writing tickets they can dispense a well needed wood shampoo to some left lane driving slug.
Maybe. But if they're doing that there will be another category of bitching and moaning about how they're "harassing the working man instead of catching the real criminals".

thurley42

HY;FR
It's nothing more than another extortion of the taxpayer.....Just like when red light cameras started working and the amount of fines plummeted, they turned down the yellow light time.....it took a federal lawsuit to fix that one......and there was a report a few years ago that said over 40% of the speed cameras in Mont. county were out of calibration.....

Another step closer to the dystopian future all of these morons want.....because it's "for safety"

gemma_rae

....WORD...
and so what if my turn signal has been on for 1.5 miles...... I hafta pee!!!!
Keep a couple of these in the car. His n Hers.
1724951132105.png

glhs837

Power with Control
We have at least one accident a week here during tourist season because some dumbass blows a stop sign. And we have several more because the tourons come from places that don't teach them what red lights mean.

Just sayin'....

So, accidents. Fender benders? Injuries? Fatalities?

glhs837

Power with Control
So funny fact about stop signs. The vast majority of humans do not in fact stop. Most do this judgement thing, where they analyze things like other traffic, and slow down while doing so.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So funny fact about stop signs. The vast majority of humans do not in fact stop. Most do this judgement thing, where they analyze things like other traffic, and slow down while doing so.

Do you have actual data to support this? Because I come to a full stop.

Last edited:

TPD

the poor dad
I guess the full stop depends where you live and how much traffic you have. I only come to full stop when there is traffic. Otherwise I’m rolling thru, like most locals on this end of the county.

glhs837

Power with Control
I guess the full stop depends where you live and how much traffic you have. I only come to full stop when there is traffic. Otherwise I’m rolling thru, like most locals on this end of the county.
The ends of any of the Rt 5 to 235 roads south of Hermanville might by 1% full stop :) Hell, folks taking a right onto 5 from Park Hall most times don't even slow.......

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
The ends of any of the Rt 5 to 235 roads south of Hermanville might by 1% full stop :) Hell, folks taking a right onto 5 from Park Hall most times don't even slow.......
I get upset if I have to come to a full stop at the end of my road - it means there is traffic in my way!

But one way to fight this stop sign camera is to get the "greenies" involved. Just imagine how much more gas will be consumed with the decreased MPG by everyone coming to a full stop. And I'm sure minority neighborhoods will be affected the worst with the increased tailpipe emissions - they always are.

3CATSAILOR

Just sayin'....
I agree. So, is the answer more automation in our lives or more police officers that can do their job?