Your daughter's wedding or your retirement?

Would you wreck your retirement to pay for wedding

• Total voters

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
That's ridiculous. Statistically the marriage will end in divorce anyway, so you get to be a broke old person eating cat chow because you funded a wedding that didn't even make it to the 5-year mark.

Somebody forgot to take their happy pills this morning. :huggy:

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
My wife and I paid for everything.

My in-laws supplied items that would normally be very expensive though.

Around $5,000 was paid out for our wedding. If my in-laws hadn't contributed what they did, the costs probably would have been around 6k-6.5k I figure.

dontknowwhy

Congrats on a long happy marriage but yours wouldn't be classified as a normal middle class wedding...:lol:

save your sanctimonious congrats for somebody that might've loved back!! It lasted 14 1/2 years longer than I had expected!! A man does less time for 2nd degree murder!! Besides, what kinda woman accepts "what do you mean you're knocked up again!!??" as a wedding proposal??:killingme

save your sanctimonious congrats for somebody that might've loved back!! It lasted 14 1/2 years longer than I had expected!! A man does less time for 2nd degree murder!! Besides, what kinda woman accepts "what do you mean you're knocked up again!!??" as a wedding proposal??:killingme

Oh stop... you posted your cost of $175 for "license, ceremony at the courthouse, & reception at my folks house" and all I said was it didn't classify as a normal middle class wedding. I was sincerely congratulating you on your marriage and low cost wedding. :lol:

Look at the bright side... yours was more snooty than Nomo's wedding/reception. Her's was "potluck" for the meal and BYOB for the bar. :doh:

BOP

When it came time for us to plan our wedding, my father offered us cash if we just wanted to elope... we were saving up for our first house so I was :yahoo:... my fiance grabbed my hand, looked me square in the eyes and said, "Yes, we can take the cash and it would help us with a down payment for a house. But a wedding gives us a once in a lifetime opportunity to have all of our friends and family stop what they are doing and acknowledge the love that we have for each other... we'll have those memories forever."

We had the big wedding. NO regrets.

You should have given him a good swift kick to the crotch.