Zell Miller

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Historic night tonight. A member of the opposite party giving the keynote address and just flat laying it bare.

Gulp.

Christy

b*tch rocket
vraiblonde said:
Historic night tonight. A member of the opposite party giving the keynote address and just flat laying it bare.

Gulp.

It's a shame he's retiring.

I really wish they'd start the major speaches earlier. I can barely keep my eyes open. It's just not the same reading the recap in the morning.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Christy and I both missed it. Another shining moment in history, gone to the revisionist history graveyard. :bawl:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry you both missed it. Christy, in particular, would have been peeing herself. :lol: I'll try to find a video link for you guys.

Steve

Enjoying life!
cattitude said:
That was a kickazz speech!!!

I'm listening to Cheney...he's just got such a monotone voice...

Shyat!! Now it's described as "a kickazz speech"!! Thank god I saw Rudy on Monday!! Now I won't feel so left out!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, now I'm getting a mental picture of Zell Miller's face as women (and men) throw their panties at him. :lmao:

Steve

Enjoying life!
vraiblonde said:
Okay, now I'm getting a mental picture of Zell Miller's face as women (and men) throw their panties at him. :lmao:

He'd probably dodge and keep speaking... :coffee:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:patriot: I didn't have to click on the URL, because I watched Zell Miller's speech. Does the word "Zounds!" ring a bell?
He was intense, passionate, angry(oh yeah!) in his delivery. He started out describing his family, who are his most precious treasures, and how they mean the most in his life.

Then he switched to national defense, and married that nicely to the job our current president has done.

Then he ripped into John Kerry, describing what a flip-flopper her was; where had voted against important military bills, such as funding for the B-1, B-2,
F-14A & D, the F-117 and an $87 billion funding for our troops, for spare parts, protective body armor, etc.

Where Kerry had at first voted for the Iraq war, then voted against it, for NAFTA, then the opposite, plus a few more examples.

Back to George Bush, as a decisive leader, drawing comparisons between the two opponents, asking "Who is better fit to be our C-in-Chief?"

He had the crowd in an uproar the whole time, and yeah, he was visibly angry, mostly with the course his chosen political party has taken, and he wasn't happy about it.

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Zell really spoke his mind and throughout his speech all I could think was, "Oh My God". One thing I will say, whether George Stephanopolis (sp?) agrees or not, is anyone undecided before this speech shouldn't be now. Real power and conviction in those words, way to go Zell.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:jet: :duel: Ho-o-l-l-y Sh-a-i-i-t!!!

MSNBC, at about 7:30 this morning replayed a portion of an interview Chris Matthews did with Zell Miller, from last night , I guess, and it was pure dynamite!
You all know Matthews is a staunch liberal, and thinks Kerry is the paradigm of the "next coming", so he tried to nail Miller on his speech at the RNC earlier in the evening.

He was up to his same old tricks, asking a question, and then interrupting the response after a few words from the person interviewed, and at one point during this process, Miller said "Wait a minute, do you want me to answer this question or not!?!"

He said "Too much more of this and I'm calling it quits to this interview!"

And: "You know, I'm not like that little girl you had on the other night(Michele Malkin) where I can't defend myself with you."

He said: "I wish we could go back to the time where we could challenge each other to a duel, because we'd sure have one!"

All I can say is WOW!! Somebody finally nailed Matthews and did it with class.

Vince

penncam said:
:jet: :duel: Ho-o-l-l-y Sh-a-i-i-t!!!

MSNBC, at about 7:30 this morning replayed a portion of an interview Chris Matthews did with Zell Miller, from last night. All I can say is WOW!! Somebody finally nailed Matthews and did it with class.

Is this interview on line somewhere?

ylexot

Super Genius
Yup, I've been a fan of Zell's since the first time I saw him. Last night's speech was excellent. I stayed up a little for Cheney, but got too tired towards the end.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Steve said:
Christy and I both missed it. Another shining moment in history, gone to the revisionist history graveyard. :bawl:

I didn't miss it. :shrug: Well maybe the beginning, but I caught a good bit of it. I liked the spit ball comment. :killingme