Accident W/Injuries Point Lookout Rd & Aster Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldog

You are wrong, that lane there is a turning lane to go into the Cox Run place, since she was making a left she had to be coming from the Leonardtown way. Which doesn't have a passing lane for that coming traffic.

No, you are wrong. There is an improved shoulder lined in such a way that allows south bound traffic to go around a south bound car turning into Cox's Run.

glhs837

Power with Control
UPDATE: Tragic Three-Car Accident in Callaway - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

It states the person who hit from behind was attempting to pass on the shoulder WHICH IS ILLEGAL. Nobody said it was done intentionally, but he did break the law and has now caused a lot of damage. I also said that I felt badly for him as well. Had he obeyed the law, been paying attention, not texting, whatever the circumstances, this tragedy could have been completely avoided.

Your web browser and the Maps site are incompatible

Let that settle it, there is a legal lane to the right to pass folks stopped to turn into Aster from NB Route 5. Now, either she had her back end in that lane, or he wasnt fully in the turn lane.

I think everyone on here arguing about the passing/turning lane should be on the jury for this case to hear how the lawyers argue it. My guess is it won't even come up. What will be argued is whether brake / turn lights were working, seatbelt use, tox levels in everyone's blood, and registration of vehicles. Accidents happen - it is part of life - get over it. As much as "big brother" tries to protect us, accidents will continue to happen and people will still die. We can't all live forever - not the way it was meant to be. There is one greater than "big brother" that controls our destiny. Case closed.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I think everyone on here arguing about the passing/turning lane should be on the jury for this case to hear how the lawyers argue it. My guess is it won't even come up. What will be argued is whether brake / turn lights were working, seatbelt use, tox levels in everyone's blood, and registration of vehicles. Accidents happen - it is part of life - get over it. As much as "big brother" tries to protect us, accidents will continue to happen and people will still die. We can't all live forever - not the way it was meant to be. There is one greater than "big brother" that controls our destiny. Case closed.

So, should we all stop typing now?

F

FaP

Hey idiot, I am never wrong.
Do a drive by and then come back and apologize to me.
That's what you think, keep thinking you're never wrong. Karma will get you, that big F-350 will be coming after you next. You must be god or something? :smack:

No updates here, can't get in touch with the other daughter of the family. I don't get any calls or anything unless I go visit one of their houses which isn't very often because of work and everything else. I doubt going to their home will help they are most likely at the hospital, I would think anyways. I will try myspace and try to get a little more info from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoccerMom2

We can only assume that the child was not restrained due to negligence. Who's to say that the child did not unbuckle him/herself :shrug:

Either way, this is a truly sad situtation and my thoughts & prayers go out to those involved.

When things like this happen, it reminds me of how precious life is and tomorrow is never promised, life can change in the blink of an eye.

I read somewhere that the child was not in a car seat/booster seat. I could be wrong. My thoughts to the child.

F

FaP

The mother of the daughter has two broken legs, and the young boy is in a body cast with both legs in casts too. They are both still alive, but of course in lots of pain. And still at hospital. Everytime I seen them going someplace they always buckled the child up. No idea why they didn't this time. :(

Thats all I know for now.

glhs837

Power with Control

You are right, since obviously, someone was out of the lane they were supposed to be in. That and the brake light thing are the keys. If her brake lights were out, and he didnt know she was stopped, thats one thing. If they worked, and he just didnt notice, thats another. Maybe she was off the brakes at the crucial moment, we dont know.

But there are actually very few "accidents". Accident implies that there was nothing that could have changed the course of what happened. A meteroite strike, thats an accident. An animal darting out, that can be an accident, although not always.

An incident, however, means someone involved made a choice that, made differently, might have altered what happened. If she wasnt all the way over into the turn lane, that choice is critical. If he was on the phone and didnt notice her stopped til too late, that choice would make the difference. My point is that the "God decided to make that crash happen, and nothing would have prevented it" philosophy helps folks maintain the mindset of "Its all preordained, so theres no point in actually trying to prevent crashes". And that mindset kills. Find the cause, and make sure folks know. Trying to protect reputations by glossing over mistakes made helps no one, aviation has known that for years.

SoMDGirl42

The mother of the daughter has two broken legs, and the young boy is in a body cast with both legs in casts too. They are both still alive, but of course in lots of pain. And still at hospital. Everytime I seen them going someplace they always buckled the child up. No idea why they didn't this time. :(

Thats all I know for now.

Poor guy. Broken bones may heal, but his heart will be scarred for life without his mom. :bawl:

S

shagger

No updates here, can't get in touch with the other daughter of the family. I don't get any calls or anything unless I go visit one of their houses which isn't very often because of work and everything else. I doubt going to their home will help they are most likely at the hospital, I would think anyways. I will try myspace and try to get a little more info from there.

Work & everything?? come on - it's family in need. YOU TAKE THE TIME TO GO SEE THEM! Myspace to get updates? Don't you know how to use the phone? My god - what kind of person or family are you? Must be a 4th or 5th cousin or something..... Get real and go see them!

F

FaP

Work & everything?? come on - it's family in need. YOU TAKE THE TIME TO GO SEE THEM! Myspace to get updates? Don't you know how to use the phone? My god - what kind of person or family are you? Must be a 4th or 5th cousin or something..... Get real and go see them!

How often do you go visit your cousins? Yes, I know how to use the phone, but it's pointless when they change their numbers 24/7 with prepaid cell phones. PM me, I will give you my address if you want to degrade me little boy come do it to my face. Not behind a keyboard. Loser, get a life. I know plenty of people that don't see cousins or family members daily. :buttkick: You're pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.