Boy Scouts ending ban on gay members, leaders

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I've never said churches were the best places to be, especially the RCC in light of their "history" with priests & boys. In fact, I have a fairly low opinion of most churches today because many of them aren't doing much good. It's buyer beware.

You're a terrible dad if you'd let your kids go out there with a gay men.

In your demented little world every gay man is a pedophile and every straight man is a natural born woodsman?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I called a few people on here: ignorant, stupid or idiots AFTER they called/accused me worse, but I'm the one chastened for it? They can express their opinions but I can't?

What happened to "turn the other cheek"? Or do you just pick and choose what part of the Bible you want to follow?

It's not Christians I loathe - it's hypocrites.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
All nasty holier-than-thou you'll-be-burning-in-hell-so-have-fun-with-that judgments aside (apparently someone thinks it's their job instead of God's), I think the real point is being missed here.

The BSA are being forced to admit members who are not only outside their group values, but in direct opposition to them. That means there is no longer any such thing as a private club with specific membership requirements. No club can deny anyone membership now because the precedent has been set.

That is the real tragedy, in my opinion.

It's their own members forcing the change so no, I don't see any tragedy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For the record, I am against forced association, regardless of who the parties are. If BSA wants to maintain Christian values and not admit gays into their club - or blacks or women or one eyed one horned flying purple people eaters - they should have that right. If gays want to start their own club, they are certainly welcome to do so and they would have every right to not allow heteros membership.

On that same note, I was also against Augusta being forced to admit female members.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's their own members forcing the change so no, I don't see any tragedy.

Yet it went all the way to the Supreme Court.

The new policy, now under discussion, would eliminate the ban from the national organization’s rules, leaving local sponsoring organizations free to decide for themselves whether to admit gay scouts.

What this tells me is that activists have infiltrated the organization in order to further their agenda. Scouting is not supposed to be about sex.
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Scout Law.

Nope, I don't see where it says anything about throwing out your sexual orientation there. So how did this even get to be an issue?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Yet it went all the way to the Supreme Court.

What this tells me is that activists have infiltrated the organization in order to further their agenda. Scouting is not supposed to be about sex.

Nope, I don't see where it says anything about throwing out your sexual orientation there. So how did this even get to be an issue?

Who told them they can take or pass on anyone they want, it does not say that they can't change their opinion at a later date.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Many of their own members want this change and they are losing support due to their policy but if they are willing to give that up then they can continue with things as they are.

why are they changing ?

maybe they are the getting weary of being calling homophones in the press, for not wanting Gays in their club ?

Hank

my war
Interesting how Hank is deep in the middle of any thread mentioning Gays

I know! Isn't it crazy that I think everyone deserves the right to live how they want and not based nor judged on their race, sexuality or religion? Wacky, huh?

Last edited: