Boy Scouts ending ban on gay members, leaders

MarieB

Yet it went all the way to the Supreme Court.

What this tells me is that activists have infiltrated the organization in order to further their agenda. Scouting is not supposed to be about sex.

Nope, I don't see where it says anything about throwing out your sexual orientation there. So how did this even get to be an issue?

Because they have ousted members when they found out that they were gay. Board members and other members were the ones who wanted to change the policy

bcp

In My Opinion
why are they changing ?

maybe they are the getting weary of being calling homophones in the press, for not wanting Gays in their club ?

United way dropped them from the list of charities that you could choose for your donations to go to.

MMDad

Lem Putt
If you hate what I'm saying you hate what He's saying...

News flash: you are not Jesus. Get over yourself.

You continue to hide behind Jesus as you spew your ignorance. What a coward. You are no different than the kid who hides behind his big brother yelling insults, knowing the other kids don't dare to piss off the brother.

MMDad

Lem Putt
The BSA are being forced to admit members who are not only outside their group values, but in direct opposition to them. That means there is no longer any such thing as a private club with specific membership requirements. No club can deny anyone membership now because the precedent has been set.

That is the real tragedy, in my opinion.

Most people are unaware of how BSA works.

The local units (packs, troops, etc.) belong to the Chartered Organization, usually a church, school, or other organization. The Chartered Organization is responsible for recruiting and monitoring the leadership.

The current rule has stopped Chartered Organizations from acting on their own conscience. Lifting this rule does not mean that gays will suddenly be swarming into the units. The Chartered Organization will still be able to exclude anyone they want to. If they want to allow gays, they will be able to.

I like this turning over power from the national organization and letting it reside where it belongs.

Maybe they are bending to pressure, but it's not the cave in that so many think it is. Outside pressure might be the catalyst, but in this case I think that it is causing them to evaluate if their policies are consistent with their goals regarding the youth actually in scouting.

mamatutu

mama to two
Most people are unaware of how BSA works.

The local units (packs, troops, etc.) belong to the Chartered Organization, usually a church, school, or other organization. The Chartered Organization is responsible for recruiting and monitoring the leadership.

The current rule has stopped Chartered Organizations from acting on their own conscience. Lifting this rule does not mean that gays will suddenly be swarming into the units. The Chartered Organization will still be able to exclude anyone they want to. If they want to allow gays, they will be able to.

I like this turning over power from the national organization and letting it reside where it belongs.

Maybe they are bending to pressure, but it's not the cave in that so many think it is. Outside pressure might be the catalyst, but in this case I think that it is causing them to evaluate if their policies are consistent with their goals regarding the youth actually in scouting.

My dad was a leader for years and an Eagle Scout, and, also, all my brothers. They did the International Scout thing and Philmont. I was dragged to Philmont for "vacay" my HS senior year. It was like "Whattttt!!!!!" They had to drag me kicking and screaming when it was time to leave Philmont. I loved it. I wanted to climb the Tooth of Time, too! :cds: I was a Girl Scout for about six years. Scouting instills great incentive, motivation, self-reliance, and character; no matter what your sexual orientation. JMO.

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
I'll regret that choice? Lol. I've been around gays before. Not one has made a move on me/my body and not one has tried to convert me or just "try" their ways.

Can't say the same about religious extremists. Actually, come to think of it, I can't think of a single religious extremist that HASN'T tried to push their lifestyle on me.

Interesting. :coffee:

Gay people (hope that is PC) are the best friends, ever, and more fun to be around than most straight people; just saying. There is something about them that they don't judge, which taught me a lot of how to accept. If one has the snidelyness to judge, then, one should have the snidelyness to look at themselves. Never forget that the human animal is the most fallible on earth, because we are the only ones that can talk. Oh, yes, I forgot parrots, but they just repeat what humans say. JMO.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
What happened to "turn the other cheek"? Or do you just pick and choose what part of the Bible you want to follow?
It's not Christians I loathe - it's hypocrites.
I think you'd better look again. Right before my post was bushy23: V V V V
So they stand for bigotry??
The first character assassination/personal attack.
WOW! First time in forever and you make it your lifes' goal to notice it and broadcast it. How about being fair now and go back and count the number of times it's happened to me. Or won't that suit your agenda?

It's also amazing how people come in here and ask questions about cars, hvac, electrical things, etc., and someone (who knows something about it), answers them and everything is fine? Then someone posts a religious question or statement and I or some other knowledgeable person gives an answer, all of a sudden we're idiots & bigots and they've ALL become religious experts? Wanna talk about hypocrites now?

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two

WOW! First time in forever and you make it your lifes' goal to notice it and broadcast it. How about being fair now and go back and count the number of times it's happened to me. Or won't that suit your agenda?

It's also amazing how people come in here and ask questions about cars, hvac, electrical things, etc., and someone (who knows something about it, answers them)? Then someone posts a religious question or statement and I or some other knowledgeable person gives an answer, all of a sudden we're idiots and they've become religious experts?

Wanna talk about hypocrites now?

Welcome to the forum! :huggy: I, also, thought that was really harsh considering vrai is your friend. I guess it is when it suits her. I am still your friend, not that my thoughts count for much on here. I just can't stand hypocrisy. I am an honest person. People get scared when they really don't know/have the answers.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt

It's also amazing how people come in here and ask questions about cars, hvac, electrical things, etc., and someone (who knows something about it, answers them)? Then someone posts a religious question or statement and I or some other knowledgeable person gives an answer, all of a sudden we're idiots and they've become religious experts?

Wanna talk about hypocrites now?

Wow, with that level of maturity it's amazing that you don't have women falling at your feet.

Feeling picked on? Poor baby.

You claimed to be persecuted, Vrai showed that YOU started it, and now you're crying about her picking on you.

Pathetic.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Yet it went all the way to the Supreme Court.
What this tells me is that activists have infiltrated the organization in order to further their agenda...
And that's why I take issue with this. The BSA should have stood their ground and made them understand that the Scouts were not going to change their program for anyone. If you're gay and you join the Scouts, then you will follow ALL the rules of scouting but they won't, you know they won't. Look at the military & DADT, marriage, etc. What about their motto: "Physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight"?

They now have access to the Scouting program then they'll start whining that they don't want to say "under God" or the Pledge at all. Then what other things, that the Scouts are required to say & do, won't they want to say or do?

mamatutu

mama to two
l
Wow, with that level of maturity it's amazing that you don't have women falling at your feet.

You claimed to be persecuted, Vrai showed that YOU started it, and now you're crying about her picking on you.

Pathetic.

But, MMDad, do you agree with changing sides, as in B. Arnold, seriously. I think what happened here is that IS couldn't attend meet and greets for a couple months, and if you are not in the clique, then you are out. That is how idiotic this forum is, but that is why I love it! Human nature at its best. :crazy:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
News flash: you are not Jesus. Get over yourself.
You continue to hide behind Jesus as you spew your ignorance. What a coward. You are no different than the kid who hides behind his big brother yelling insults, knowing the other kids don't dare to piss off the brother.
You're making this thread about me and sidetracking it as you usually do. Please take a course in reading comprehension because I've already addressed that comment.
Pathetic.
You certainly are. The truth always did hurt your ears...

MMDad

Lem Putt
l

But, MMDad, do you agree with changing sides, as in B. Arnold, seriously. I think what happened here is that IS couldn't attend meet and greets for a couple months, and if you are not in the clique, then you are out. That is how idiotic this forum is, but that is why I love it! Human nature at its best. :crazy:

No, what happened is that rather than coming into the tread and discussing the issue and putting his opinions out there respectfully, he decided to be hateful and ignorant. Even his last post, where he decries what might happen, shows that he still has not bothered to educate himself one iota about actual facts, but instead prefers to remain blissfully ignorant.

Vrai may be his friend, but being a friend does not mean that you just accept their boorish behavior. My friends are the ones I trust to tell me I'm an ass. It means something if it comes from a friend.

I seriously doubt that the M&G bunch has anything to do with this. Sure there are some that put a huge emphasis on it, but really - if you need internet friends to feel like a whole person you have bigger issues than this.

Your posts show that you are still feeling sorry for yourself because you didn't fit in. It's about time to get over it. You are trying to have a partner in your misery with your "look IS Vrai is mean to me too!" It's time to move on and stop stewing over an imagined slight because some people on the internet didn't make you the queen of their group.

mamatutu

mama to two
This thread makes me think of how people want to be on the winning side. It, also, makes me think of Obama, or whoever wants to be the "One." Do you reallly want to be on his/her/their side; if you don't agree, or is it just wanting to be accepted; instead of fighting for what you believe in. Why do humans feel the need to "gang up"; especially, when they feel they are in the favor of the "sun" or the "one", that presently dominates. Safety in numbers can work both ways. :shrug:

MMDad

Lem Putt
This thread makes me think of how people want to be on the winning side. It, also, makes me think of Obama, or whoever wants to be the "One." Do you reallly want to be on his/her/their side; if you don't agree, or is it just wanting to be accepted; instead of fighting for what you believe in. Why do humans feel the need to "gang up"; especially, when they feel they are in the favor of the "sun" or the "one", that presently dominates. Safety in numbers can work both ways. :shrug:

You are doing exactly that. You are trying to team up with IS to be on the "winning" side against Vrai. You are also throwing the :blablah: Obama :blahblah: in hopes that someone will like your constant linking of everything to him.

mamatutu

mama to two
You are doing exactly that. You are trying to team up with IS to be on the "winning" side against Vrai. You are also throwing the :blablah: Obama :blahblah: in hopes that someone will like your constant linking of everything to him.

You are so wrong, Dad. If you don't see the hypocrisy, then I can't help you. When the "blah" smilie is used, it means you have nothing pertinent to say. God bless you, and save you from Obama. You are kidding, right? I am not an idiot, but I fear for some on this forum. :roflmao: And, who ever said I cared about being the winning side against vrai, who uses her position on this forum to belittle whomever she chooses. Ha! Let them eat cake!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, what happened is that rather than coming into the tread and discussing the issue and putting his opinions out there respectfully, he decided to be hateful and ignorant. Even his last post, where he decries what might happen, shows that he still has not bothered to educate himself one iota about actual facts, but instead prefers to remain blissfully ignorant.

Vrai may be his friend, but being a friend does not mean that you just accept their boorish behavior. My friends are the ones I trust to tell me I'm an ass. It means something if it comes from a friend.

I seriously doubt that the M&G bunch has anything to do with this. Sure there are some that put a huge emphasis on it, but really - if you need internet friends to feel like a whole person you have bigger issues than this.

Your posts show that you are still feeling sorry for yourself because you didn't fit in. It's about time to get over it. You are trying to have a partner in your misery with your "look IS Vrai is mean to me too!" It's time to move on and stop stewing over an imagined slight because some people on the internet didn't make you the queen of their group.

And there you have it! :yay:

I am not friends with people who are rude and ugly to my other friends. Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you this. IS knows this because I've defended him against a friend who attacked him unfairly. Since I have friends who are gay and lesbian I am not going to stand by and watch them called names and be disrespected by some ass who doesn't even know them.

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
And there you have it! :yay:

I am not friends with people who are rude and ugly to my other friends. Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you this. IS knows this because I've defended him against a friend who attacked him unfairly. Since I have friends who are gay and lesbian I am not going to stand by and watch them called names and be disrespected by some ass who doesn't even know them.

Meh! Mixed Bag. It is what it is. What would be great is that all of us posters actually meet at a round table. That would be telling.

Last edited: