Catholic school kids taunt Native American man - FAKE NEWS

GregV814

Well, well looky here...WJLA this morning is actually showing what REALLY happened. Will those black Irsrealites face the same ridicule as the kids wearing MAGA hats?????? Surely you jest.

Seriously???? You see the kid as a jackass because he is looking the man in the eye and smiling as the man approaches him and is chanting to his face? He needs to be called out and punished for smiling? Are you people out of your mind?

Hijinx

Seriously???? You see the kid as a jackass because he is looking the man in the eye and smiling as the man approaches him and is chanting to his face? He needs to be called out and punished for smiling? Are you people out of your mind?

Yes. They are, and this country is filled with snowflakes just like them.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I watched the entire thing as well and that's exactly what I got out of it. I may be wrong, but something tells me that the young man staring down Mr. Phillips is a jackass IRL. He's got that I'm a jackass look about him.

Turns out Phillips has a track record of being a semi-pro chit stirrer and grievance peddler. He saw an opportunity to stir some up and rolled right on over to those kids to take it.

glhs837

Power with Control
Did anyone watch the entire video (one and a half hours). I have no life, I did. There's a lot more to this than just the clip going around. That class and their chaperones were WAY out of their element. The things the Isrealites were yelling to them was really bad. The elder man and the other Natives were watching and entered the situation to try and diffuse it. So the kid decides to try and be a bad ass and stare him down while the others act like asses. Gotta love DC and the marches/protests.

And here's where it gets even better. The old man saw the confrontation, and said flat out that he assumed the white kids were threatening the black men. Racist much? He went into this thing because the white kids have to be evil, and never changed that story.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Yes, they are.

This is how quickly it happens: One minute you're in DC with your classmates, the next minute some crazy activist decides to make you famous on the internet and you're receiving death threats.

First it was, "Oh, this kid threatened and harassed the man!" That got debunked, so now it's, "Oh, he has a smirky face!" Because in these people's "mind" you should be attacked and killed because they don't like your smile.

Are you ####ing kidding me?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yup I read that too, but he's obviously older and I wistfully hope that our younger generation will someday respect that.

How would you like it if strangers on the internet attacked and threatened your child because they didn't like his smile?

That's a real question and I'd like an answer.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I may be wrong, but something tells me that the young man staring down Mr. Phillips is a jackass IRL. He's got that I'm a jackass look about him.

How would you like it if strangers on the internet saw a photo of your kid and proceeded to attack and threaten him because they thought he had a jackass look about him?

That is also a real question.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The elder man and the other Natives were watching and entered the situation to try and diffuse it.

That is what Phillips "says" was his motivation. Unfortunately he has a history of this sort of thing, so I find it hard to believe that he is being truthful.

I choose not to believe proven liars and professional victims.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't like it that anyone is attacked and threatened on the internet, nor did I say that I liked it that this kid was attacked and threatened. And BTW it's happened to my son over similar issues. We've learned to ignore and walk away over the years.

And yet you are criticizing the kid being attacked and defending the man who made that happen.

Do you think that's right?

I'm just trying to get you to see this kid as a human being.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Did he have the opportunity to turn and walk away?

Not really..and why in the heck would they "walk away"? They were where they had every right to be and were approached (from a distance but rapidly) by an indian-looking guy banging on a drum who proceeded to harass them. What reason would they have to "run away" at first? They had no idea that Phillips is a professional chit stirrer that jumped on an opportunity to create a scene. And then that other group jumped in and started harassing the kids too.

I'm sure those kids wish now that they'd had a crystal ball though..

Meanwhile...as the fake news continues to unravel...

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-school-protestors-apologies/?fbclid=IwAR23EMLWZdHT0EJkXduM0kWGp0q8Xsl1xvWSoPL2Y_6fyK1-jykHpSUrQiE

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-nathan-phillips-video

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Not really..and why in the heck would they "walk away"? They were where they had every right to be and were approached (from a distance but rapidly) by an indian-looking guy banging on a drum who proceeded to harass them. What reason would they have to "run away" at first? They had no idea that Phillips is a professional chit stirrer that jumped on an opportunity to create a scene. And then that other group jumped in and started harassing the kids too.

Because turning and walking away would be a sign that the kids were not infected with 'toxic masculinity'.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I do see him as a human being. A smirking, show-off, impress your friends teenage type human being

Do you know this kid personally that you can make such sweeping judgements about his character?

How would you like it if some stranger on the internet saw a picture of your kid and made derogatory remarks about his character based on that?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Because turning and walking away would be a sign that the kids were not infected with 'toxic masculinity'.

They had no option...simply because they had no idea whatsoever about what the "indian" was up to and what would happen next.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This kid was literally just standing there smiling. Standing there smiling. And somehow strangers on the internet are interpreting that as evil, harassing, taunting, show off, smart ass, hateful, blah blah blah.

Standing there smiling.

glhs837

Power with Control

Meanwhile...as the fake news continues to unravel...

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-school-protestors-apologies/?fbclid=IwAR23EMLWZdHT0EJkXduM0kWGp0q8Xsl1xvWSoPL2Y_6fyK1-jykHpSUrQiE

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-nathan-phillips-video

Your timeline is a bit off, I think. As I understand it.

1. Kids were told to gather at the monument at a certain after having free time to sightsee in the city in smaller groups. Some arrived early like the ones in the video. They were not protesting anything, didn't need a permit, they are there to meet the bus and go home.

2. Black Hebrew Israelites, all grown men, I might add, note a bunch of white teens and proceed to insult and harass them, while recording, apparently hoping to goad the young men into a physical confrontation. Including such hits as "You are all school shooters, all incest kids", and telling the one young black men with them that his white friends will kill him to harvest his organs.

3. This is when things stand when the native strides in. What I read was that he thought that the white teens were harassing the black men, and thought to deescalate. Whatever his motive, he placed himself in between the two groups, and could have walked back out from between them at any time, contrary to what he says now.

This kid was literally just standing there smiling. Standing there smiling. And somehow strangers on the internet are interpreting that as evil, harassing, taunting, show off, smart ass, hateful, blah blah blah.

Standing there smiling.
Yes. UFB that people immediately consider him a bad person and assume he is guilty of something because they dont like his face. He wasn't speaking. He didnt raise his fist. He didn't spit or even stick his tongue out. He stood there smiling.