Catholic school kids taunt Native American man - FAKE NEWS

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Yes, they are.

This is how quickly it happens: One minute you're in DC with your classmates, the next minute some crazy activist decides to make you famous on the internet and you're receiving death threats.

Oh please, he and his classmates were there for an anti-women's rights march.

This whole thing is so stupid, everyone on all sides has overreacted.

The Black Hebrew Israelites and Nathan Phillips were obviously there doing what protesters do, protest! These kids were there to protest too, their "adult" chaperones picked the absolute stupidest place to meet up.

I'm getting the impression that many of you haven't been in a protest before, they can be intimidating and scary....not really the place for a busload of unprepared kids.

If they wanted to visit their nation's capital there were many other dates they could have picked.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Yes. UFB that people immediately consider him a bad person and assume he is guilty of something because they dont like his face. He wasn't speaking. He didnt raise his fist. He didn't spit or even stick his tongue out. He stood there smiling.

He has the male version of RBF.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
These kids were part of the march for life. Why were the black Isrealites or whatever the hell they were ,doing there to begin with. Why was the Indian there?
With his drum yet. And what do you do when some person no matter Indian, Buddhist, or hippie comes up to you beating a drum and chanting some sh*t you never heard before and gets in your face.? What can you do but stand there and grin.?

Seems like the Black Isrealists are more of a persistent protest (you see them in DC all the time), obviously they have an axe to grind with the Christians who were bussed in:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/reli...doff-lincoln-memorial/?utm_term=.a0921bc28a7f

The Native American was there for the Indigenous Peoples March

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_Peoples_March

The weekend was topped of with the third annual Women's March.

A lot of people are protesting a lot of things in DC pretty much every weekend, there is a certain responsibility for protesters to understand what they are getting themselves into.

littlelady

God bless the USA
All over Twitter...Phillips in USMC from 72-76. His MOS was refrigerator mechanic. He was stationed at El Toro, and never left the US. He went AWOL three times. Spent time in the brig. Got out of the Corp as a Private. He alleged he spent two tours in Viet Nam, and was a Recon Ranger...which does not exist. I don’t do Twitter. Hub told me.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Not really..and why in the heck would they "walk away"? They were where they had every right to be and were approached (from a distance but rapidly) by an indian-looking guy banging on a drum who proceeded to harass them. What reason would they have to "run away" at first? They had no idea that Phillips is a professional chit stirrer that jumped on an opportunity to create a scene. And then that other group jumped in and started harassing the kids too.

I'm sure those kids wish now that they'd had a crystal ball though..

Meanwhile...as the fake news continues to unravel...

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/20/...JkXduM0kWGp0q8Xsl1xvWSoPL2Y_6fyK1-jykHpSUrQiE

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-nathan-phillips-video

Agree, Gil. The boy stood his ground, and did it very respectfully. Not, too many teens could be that composed under pressure like that. I thought it was cute that the banging of the drum kept making him blink. Btw, the USA is not the only country in the World that people came to settle, in what used to be indigenous countries. It has happened all over the World; over time. It all gets very sickening, and hard to take. All these upstart, Alinsky groupies should be careful what they wish for.

I didn’t know where to put this comment...there is so much going on. I want to say that when are the patriots that have died to uphold ‘freedom’ in America going to be recognized by these unhinged, brainwashed people? Do they think it just happened without sacrifice? Totally disgusting. God bless the USA. May She prevail. And, go Trump! MAGA, and all that hat.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A lot of people are protesting a lot of things in DC pretty much every weekend, there is a certain responsibility for protesters to understand what they are getting themselves into.

Actually, in this country protest isn't just for the violent types who threaten anyone they disagree with. There should be no "understanding what you're getting into" by exercising your right under the Constitution to gather and protest. If cities would shut down same-day "counterprotests" there would be no conflict.

Hijinx

All over Twitter...Phillips in USMC from 72-76. His MOS was refrigerator mechanic. He was stationed at El Toro, and never left the US. He went AWOL three times. Spent time in the brig. Got out of the Corp as a Private. He alleged he spent two tours in Viet Nam, and was a Recon Ranger...which does not exist. I don’t do Twitter. Hub told me.

I don't doubt your husband is right.
I also know the Media is busy calling this guy an Indian Elder and a veteran and we will never gat an accurate reading from them on this guy.
He appears to me to be an Indian nutcase with nothing else to do but hang around Washington DC beating his freaking drum..

SamSpade

The Post printed a retraction regarding his experience as a Vietnam veteran.

Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips said he served in the U.S. Marines but was never deployed to Vietnam.

So - not a combat Vet. In his defense, neither his Post story nor his CNN interview shows him claiming to have fought there.
On the other hand, MANY news outlets referred to him as such -
Wikipedia: “Nathan Phillips (activist), Native American activist and Vietnam War veteran.”
UPI: “…laughing and chanting at Vietnam War veteran Nathan Phillips…
TMZ: “A mob of MAGA hat-wearing teenagers swarmed around a Native American Vietnam veteran…”
Slate: “…Nathan Phillips, a Vietnam War veteran…”
Washington Post*: “…Phillips, an Omaha tribe elder who fought in the Vietnam War…”
Huffington Post: “Phillips served in the Vietnam War and is the former director…”

You'd think that Mr. Philips would have corrected them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Post printed a retraction regarding his experience as a Vietnam veteran.

The legitimate Left biased news media (read: not Buzzfeed and other dumb entertainment venues) are posting retractions all over the place about pretty much every aspect of this story they completely fabricated out of thin air. I am not impressed with their "apologies", nor was I impressed the last time they all had to retract, nor the time before that, nor the time before that.

If they really meant it, they would stop publishing and promoting fake news. Clearly they have no intention of doing that, therefore I can only presume that they are not sorry at all. They pass it off as, "Oh, sometimes we get it wrong....sorry 'bout that," but they get it wrong way too often for any rational person to trust them on anything.

They go, "Oopsie, made a boo boo, sorry," and in the meantime this kid and his family are receiving death threats from the rabble they roused. It's bull####.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
They go, "Oopsie, made a boo boo, sorry," and in the meantime this kid and his family are receiving death threats from the rabble they roused. It's bull####.

Start suing the media. Slander and libel are not Free Speech.

Hijinx

A person might think that after so many accusations of the media being "fake news" they would try harder to get it right.

Bu I guess the "fake news " sells their product so they continue to use it.

"Journalists" get a nut when they see their names attached to a story whether it is a true story or not.
My advice to anyone approached by a "Journalist" is to have No Comment.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My advice to anyone approached by a "Journalist" is to have No Comment.

I actually run into them a time or two a week on my way to the office and my standard reply is usually "#### off!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Extracting money isn't enough. Clearly they have money to burn and more where that came from. They need to be hit with criminal charges and imprisoned when they knowingly and willfully use their position of power to incite violence.

Already there are investigations against Google and other online media for promoting fake news and skewing search results to favor a political party. The TV and print news media needs to be looked into as well. They need to be held accountable - and hit them hard - when they promote a fake story in any way, and it needs to hurt. No more hiding behind, "So and so says that (insert lie here) happened..." That is still promoting and publishing fake news.

Alternately, they should be forced to clearly label themselves "for entertainment only; not meant for information purposes". Satire sites are required to be labeled as such, and lying fake media should be held to that same requirement.

Right now they'll lead with anything that attracts eyeballs, whether it's true or not. We must force them to either report legitimate news, or wear a label identifying them as entertainment.

SamSpade

The legitimate Left biased news media (read: not Buzzfeed and other dumb entertainment venues) are posting retractions all over the place about pretty much every aspect of this story they completely fabricated out of thin air. .

The not-so-legitimate Left biased news media are doubling down on stupid, convinced the original story
was basically correct. For some reason, this kid - just standing there letting someone harass him and
bang a drum in his face - was being aggressive. Yup. Standing there doing NOTHING is aggression.

Evidently, Nathan Philips isn't taking it lying down either.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...srupt-catholic-mass-by-chanting-beating-drum/

You realize, had this been a bunch of MAGA wearing boys disrupting a Native American ceremony,
the press would never let it die. As it is, they're largely ignoring this.

glhs837

Power with Control
The not-so-legitimate Left biased news media are doubling down on stupid, convinced the original story
was basically correct. For some reason, this kid - just standing there letting someone harass him and
bang a drum in his face - was being aggressive.
Yup. Standing there doing NOTHING is aggression.

Evidently, Nathan Philips isn't taking it lying down either.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...srupt-catholic-mass-by-chanting-beating-drum/

You realize, had this been a bunch of MAGA wearing boys disrupting a Native American ceremony,
the press would never let it die. As it is, they're largely ignoring this.

But of course he was, they have been told of the hatred pouring out of this kid. By a never to be questioned Native American with a Marine War Veteran multiplier. With Vietnam bonus points. Face it, nobody is ever going to question this guy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But of course he was, they have been told of the hatred pouring out of this kid. By a never to be questioned Native American with a Marine War Veteran multiplier. With Vietnam bonus points. Face it, nobody is ever going to question this guy.

I just want to point out that these same people who are hysterically defending the "Marine war veteran" who "served in Vietnam" are the same one who loathe the military and everything it stands for, and called the Vietnam vets "baby killers".

So really, their hypocrisy and ridiculous self-righteousness knows no boundaries.