Clem Shady, answer me this

L

Libertarian

The only place you could get away with giving that half-baked, fake testimony is in an Internet Forum.

:popcorn:
You can go to hell. I don't even have a dog in this race, so I have no reason to make anything up. Besides, notice that I said "I'm pretty sure his name was John." The first name I may be uncertain of, but the rest of the story is true. I have no reason to defend this assertion because he is not even important to me and neither are you.

L

Libertarian

I think you are thinking about the wrong Mattingly. John A Mattingly jr has never taught a college course.He started his legal career as a law clerk for SA walter Dorsey, He took on a few criminal cases early in his career, amd decided to concentrate on consumer law. He liked the challenge of taking on big companies for his clients who were mostly middle income citizens. he has won cases against companies like Comcast Cable and in early 2009 won a case against Discover Credit Card for their unfairbilling, and rate increase notification before the SCOTUS. he was the first lawyer from Southern MD to argue and win a case before the Supreme Court. He has never taught a college course

I have provided a link to a picture of John and his family published when he announced his candidacy for the St mary's SA job.

Welcome to St. Mary's Today Online Edition!
It actually looks like him to me. Anyway, I deleted that post since I don't know for sure if it was the same Mattingly and it really doesn't matter to me anyway. This was in 2000 at UMUC. I bet if you asked him he would say that he taught there for a semester.

L

Libertarian

I recall reading about this story about Mattingly getting arrested in The Enterprise about a year ago while I was eating at the IHOP in St. Mary's County, but I had forgotten all about it until Clem Shady and Themis resurfaced it in my memory. With all their posts, it prompted me to catch up on the story. Thanks for introducing me to such an interesting story which seems to be the talk of St. Mary's County (I live in Calvert). From what I gather, Mattingly got caught doing fraudulent land deals and other things. When it was clear to him that he had been caught, he filed to run against Fritz for the State's Attorney office, so that a week later when he was arrested, he could then claim that the arrest was politically motivated. Meanwhile, in an effort to take the focus off him, the story about Fritz from 45 years ago has been resurfaced in an effort to take the focus off Mattingly and perhaps to bully Fritz. Well, it is apparently not working. It seems like you opened a can of worms and the more you try to vindicate Mattingly the more you incriminate him. I knew very little about this story until you enlightened me. Thanks. If I lived in St. Mary's there would be no question who I would vote for (Fritz).

L

Libertarian

Themis, when are we going to tell them about "The Event?"

I'm thinking just before election day.

I am a new follower in this story, but that obviously is an effort to bully, threaten or scare someone in a very ineffective way. Otherwise you would have sent Themis that message privately. :killingme

Clem_Shady

I recall reading about this story about Mattingly getting arrested in The Enterprise about a year ago while I was eating at the IHOP in St. Mary's County, but I had forgotten all about it until Clem Shady and Themis resurfaced it in my memory. With all their posts, it prompted me to catch up on the story. Thanks for introducing me to such an interesting story which seems to be the talk of St. Mary's County (I live in Calvert). From what I gather, Mattingly got caught doing fraudulent land deals and other things. When it was clear to him that he had been caught, he filed to run against Fritz for the State's Attorney office, so that a week later when he was arrested, he could then claim that the arrest was politically motivated. Meanwhile, in an effort to take the focus off him, the story about Fritz from 45 years ago has been resurfaced in an effort to take the focus off Mattingly and perhaps to bully Fritz. Well, it is apparently not working. It seems like you opened a can of worms and the more you try to vindicate Mattingly the more you incriminate him. I knew very little about this story until you enlightened me. Thanks. If I lived in St. Mary's there would be no question who I would vote for (Fritz).

How nice that you conveniently forgot to mention that he was "ACQUITTED" of all charges.

:whistle:

Themis

The link I sent you was from a Feb 09 story. The story aboutmttingly's intentions to run were also published in other artlicles at that time, he was arrested in Jan.2010. 14 people who's impressions of Mattingly's guilt that carried more weight than any of the opinions written by us in this debte have already voiced their opinion. they would be the 12 Jurors, Spec Pros. Isabel M Cumming, and Judge Sean Wallace. Their opinion=NOT GUILTY.

Are you paying attention to things on your side of the river?
If I lived there I would be a little concerned with a Sheriff who dreses his Deputies up like para military mercenaries. Whats next replacing cruisers with HumVee's.Thats not the kind of image most citizens in the US want for their law enforcement agencies.

When you move again in a couple of month's you might end up back in St Mary's. Would you like the thought of going through what John Mattingly has if you ever decided to run for elected office?
:coffee:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Are you paying attention to things on your side of the river?
If I lived there I would be a little concerned with a Sheriff who dreses his Deputies up like para military mercenaries. Whats next replacing cruisers with HumVee's.Thats not the kind of image most citizens in the US want for their law enforcement agencies.

I like the look, and know it has to be easier to wash and dry than the other uniforms, not to mention it's probably much more comfy. They have to carry/wear a lot of equipment, why not be more comfortable and not have a huge dry cleaning bill?

Why you freaking over a uniform? Seems like the silliest stupidest thing ever. It makes you look as if you are just wanting to find fault with every little thing. Which makes me feel sad for you. :frown: :poorbaby:

L

Libertarian

I like the look, and know it has to be easier to wash and dry than the other uniforms, not to mention it's probably much more comfy. They have to carry/wear a lot of equipment, why not be more comfortable and not have a huge dry cleaning bill?

Why you freaking over a uniform? Seems like the silliest stupidest thing ever. It makes you look as if you are just wanting to find fault with every little thing. Which makes me feel sad for you. :frown: :poorbaby:
I think he actually has a point about the uniforms. It makes me want to vote for Brenneman.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I think he actually has a point about the uniforms. It makes me want to vote for Brenneman.

I truly don't see a problem with the uniforms. Cost effective, comfortable and easy to clean. What's not to love? I'd wear them to work if I could. :lol: Would you all like them better if they were in powder puff blue or something?

Clem_Shady

Looks like the cops and the drug dealers in Mexico. You can't tell who's who.

L

Libertarian

I truly don't see a problem with the uniforms. Cost effective, comfortable and easy to clean. What's not to love? I'd wear them to work if I could. :lol: Would you all like them better if they were in powder puff blue or something?
It's not just the uniform, it's the militaristic training and increase up the cops/troops that is going along with it. Exactly what is he preparing for?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It's not just the uniform, it's the militaristic training and increase up the cops/troops that is going along with it. Exactly what is he preparing for?

Let's see, looking over the events in the few years I've been here...there have been hostage situations, stand-offs with the police, domestic situations involving weapons, there was even an event at a school a few years back (man with a gun), and more. And it seems to escalate each year. :shrug:

Would you rather the police not be prepared and a situation occur, or would you rather they weren't prepared and a situation did occur?

Me, I pay taxes to support the police and schools and roads...and other things. So if I had a kid in school, and hear there is a hostage situation, or a man with a gun, I darn well expect the police to respond swiftly. Wouldn't you? Actually I don't have kids, but I want the police to respond swiftly to any situation where lives are at stake. I'm glad somebody does.

I think of police like the boy scouts, and the motto is be prepared. Or is it prepare for the worst and hope for the best...whatever, imho, training is what saves lives, ours and theirs. I don't begrudge it at all.

Themis

QUOTE=migtig;4388588]
I truly don't see a problem with the uniforms. Cost effective, comfortable and easy to clean. What's not to love? I'd wear them to work if I could. :lol:

Response by Themis: I may have misspoken. They probably are much easier to wash blood out of. It seems Sheriff Evans, and you aren't the only fans of said attire for peace officers. Hugo is also a fan.
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/71089317.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=08A8BA3C818346D0F0E3CD2FAF074DE2

Would you all like them better if they were in powder puff blue or something?[/QUOTE]

Response by Themis: Not a bad idea. I was thinking more along the lines of something along the line of Sheriff's deputies looking like people who are payed to mostly serve the public in non threatening, or hostile encounters, and not like military personnel ready to surpress an insurection.

Insult by Themis: This is something that should help you get your jollies off.

Sheriff Invites Citizens to Action Packed K-9 Demo - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

Maybe they will let you shoot the grenade launcher, and flamethrower.
:killingme

Last edited:

Clem_Shady

Not a bad idea. I was thinking more along the lines of something along the line of Sheriff's deputies looking like people who are payed to mostly serve the public in non threatening, or hostile encounters, and not like military personnel ready to surpress an insurection.

This something that should help you get your jollies off.

Sheriff Invites Citizens to Action Packed K-9 Demo - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

Buying up all the newspapers to suppress a rape. Snatching cellphones from citizens recording misdeeds. Drunken cops beating people for riding an ATV on the shoulder. Shooting people's dogs. Explosions. Car chases. Men in black with machine guns.

:jameo:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Buying up all the newspapers to suppress a rape. Snatching cellphones from citizens recording misdeeds. Drunken cops beating people for riding an ATV on the shoulder. Shooting people's dogs. Explosions. Car chases. Men in black with machine guns.

Say now...you should write their recruiting ads! I'm psyched..sounds like a fun organization...a lot funner than I ever imagined...where do I sign up to join?:popcorn:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Not a bad idea. I was thinking more along the lines of something along the line of Sheriff's deputies looking like people who are payed to mostly serve the public in non threatening, or hostile encounters, and not like military personnel ready to surpress an insurection.

This something that should help you get your jollies off.

You seriously need to chill. I saw better intimidation tatics going through customs in a US airport.

BTW I don't live in Calvert. So I figure I'm an impartial observer, maybe you need to distance yourself from whatever issue you have, rather than pathetically attempting to insult me when I'm just providing a different POV.

However, after this one communication, if you attempt to alter my posts and speak for me again, I will report you. I have no problem reporting people. :angel: Attempt to speak for yourself and your POV, rather than manipulating others words and speach and there won't be any problems.

itsrequired

Buying up all the newspapers to suppress a rape. I don't understand this, didn't the paper report a rape which occurred decades ago? How did buying the paper suppress that? Snatching cellphones from citizens recording misdeeds. The police officers did that, they charged the citizen with a crime and the states attorney did not prosecute. Drunken cops beating people for riding an ATV on the shoulder. The cop was charged, and convicted by this states attorney's office.Shooting people's dogs.Aren't you talking about Charles County? Explosions. Car chases. Men in black with machine guns.

You really should be honest.