Clem Shady, answer me this

L

Libertarian

Let's see, looking over the events in the few years I've been here...there have been hostage situations, stand-offs with the police, domestic situations involving weapons, there was even an event at a school a few years back (man with a gun), and more. And it seems to escalate each year. :shrug:

Would you rather the police not be prepared and a situation occur, or would you rather they weren't prepared and a situation did occur?

Me, I pay taxes to support the police and schools and roads...and other things. So if I had a kid in school, and hear there is a hostage situation, or a man with a gun, I darn well expect the police to respond swiftly. Wouldn't you? Actually I don't have kids, but I want the police to respond swiftly to any situation where lives are at stake. I'm glad somebody does.

I think of police like the boy scouts, and the motto is be prepared. Or is it prepare for the worst and hope for the best...whatever, imho, training is what saves lives, ours and theirs. I don't begrudge it at all.
These things have been going on for years. Now that everyone is freaked out, government is taking advantage of people's fear to build up their power and strip us of our individual liberty. Even if the threats are legitimate, I'd rather risk a little safety than lose my liberty. Ever since 9-11 government (including local law enforcement) has been growing out of control by building up coercive force. Wait until they turn on you and see if you still support it.

Themis

You seriously need to chill. I saw better intimidation tatics going through customs in a US airport.

BTW I don't live in Calvert. So I figure I'm an impartial observer, maybe you need to distance yourself from whatever issue you have, rather than pathetically attempting to insult me when I'm just providing a different POV.

However, after this one communication, if you attempt to alter my posts and speak for me again, I will report you. I have no problem reporting people. :angel: Attempt to speak for yourself and your POV, rather than manipulating others words and speach and there won't be any problems.

Resonse by Themis: I didn't attempt to alter your post. I would need your password to do that.
I didn't alter your comments in any way with my reply, as I'm sure most people who read it know. I have edited that post so that even you will understand that I just seperated your comments to respond to them individually.
As for your comment about insults I hope you remember the author of this comment:
"Why are you freaking over a uniform? Seems like the silliest, stupidest thing ever. It makes you look as if you are wanting to find fault with every little thing, which makes me feel sad for you".
I can't remember where I heard that. Maybe you could refresh my memory.

So far with your posts in this thread you have given me the impression that
1) You are turned on by men whofare dressed like agents in a regime that suppresses feedom of speech.
2) By your threat to have me censored, you are not an advocate of Free Speech.
I think I read somewhere that you also like to buy local corn fed cows and eat them.
Are you married to the same giant that roughed up Jack?
Is that honest enough for you.:angel::lol:

Themis

These things have been going on for years. Now that everyone is freaked out, government is taking advantage of people's fear to build up their power and strip us of our individual liberty. Even if the threats are legitimate, I'd rather risk a little safety than lose my liberty. Ever since 9-11 government (including local law enforcement) has been growing out of control by building up coercive force. Wait until they turn on you and see if you still support it.

:yeahthat:
She probably hasn't read any of the stories implying that our law enforcement agencies, and military have recieved training on how to deal with mass domestic protests of our Gov'ts wrong doings If they were ever to occur.

Scary thought.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Well, I guess I'll have to wait until they turn on me. In my secular little corner of isolation, I see more people complaining that there isn't enough police rather than a build up of power and an out of control police force. :shrug: I understand legit concerns and worries, and do have concerns over wiretapping and et al, but this particular topic (which went from local LEOs wearing dark BDUs to becoming assault rambo's) seems to be looking under bushel baskets for trouble while the chickens are being eaten by the foxes...a non-issue. JMO :shrug:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
[/B]

Resonse by Themis: I didn't attempt to alter your post. I would need your password to do that.
I didn't alter your comments in any way with my reply, as I'm sure most people who read it know. I have edited that post so that even you will understand that I just seperated your comments to respond to them individually.
As for your comment about insults I hope you remember the author of this comment:
"Why are you freaking over a uniform? Seems like the silliest, stupidest thing ever. It makes you look as if you are wanting to find fault with every little thing, which makes me feel sad for you".
I can't remember where I heard that. Maybe you could refresh my memory.

So far with your posts in this thread you have given me the impression that
1) You are turned on by men whofare dressed like agents in a regime that suppresses feedom of speech.
2) By your threat to have me censored, you are not an advocate of Free Speech.
I think I read somewhere that you also like to buy local corn fed cows and eat them.
Are you married to the same giant that roughed up Jack?
Is that honest enough for you.:angel::lol:
You can quote my posts, they are mine. However altering my posts and making them appear as I said them, is not okay. You know that, otherwise you wouldn't be backtracking.

1) I'm a woman and turn on and off like a light switch. What someone wears (or not) isn't one of my sexual kicks though if that's what you are asking. However, having worn BDUs in my lifetime, I can see the comfort and ease of them over a dress uniform which was my point and is my point. I have no problem with an easy to wear uniform being worn by the police.

2) Censored, no. Speak for yourself, and your opinions all you like. That's free speech. Free speech is NOT putting words in other people's mouths for them to swallow. Free speech is NOT misquoting and lying about what someone else said...in a print medium I believe that would be called libel.

I like to buy local grass fed cows (not corn fed) and eat them. Quite yummy. I also eat local produce. Very yummy.

I have no idea who Jack is, but why would you attempt to bring my husband into this conversation? :confused:

Woodyspda

Themis.... back to the beginning of this thread.... I'll admit your story is fairly accurate... it just lacks a few facts. It's not my place to point them out... they'll become clear as time goes by but I do have a few questions:

Pertaining to the 20K.... who was the witness that you didn't mention? And what was their relationship to Dan Brown? What was the result of their testimony at the grand jury?

Have you read transcripts from case before charges were dropped? It is blatantly obvious to me that the prosecutor was in over her head.

To anyone who thinks Mattingly is a saint.... I dare you to read the court transcripts and then tell me that the man's heart is sincere....

Once again, I feel sorry for his wife and children.

Clem_Shady

Themis.... back to the beginning of this thread.... I'll admit your story is fairly accurate... it just lacks a few facts. It's not my place to point them out... they'll become clear as time goes by but I do have a few questions:

Pertaining to the 20K.... who was the witness that you didn't mention? And what was their relationship to Dan Brown? What was the result of their testimony at the grand jury?

Have you read transcripts from case before charges were dropped? It is blatantly obvious to me that the prosecutor was in over her head.

To anyone who thinks Mattingly is a saint.... I dare you to read the court transcripts and then tell me that the man's heart is sincere....

Once again, I feel sorry for his wife and children.

How's that comparing Mattingly to OJ Simpson the murderer thing working out?

:popcorn:

Clem_Shady

Oh Woody! Oh Woody Boy!

"Cumming, 43, was recruited by Ivey from the state's attorney's office in Baltimore in May 2004, when he began to revamp the Economic Crimes Unit. Ivey was looking for someone with a record of being tough. Cumming is widely thought to be one of Maryland's top prosecutors of white-collar crime. She recalled that Ivey's pitch was direct: He wanted to create the premier economic crimes prosecution unit in the state, and he wanted her to run it."

On the Docket: White-Collar Crime - washingtonpost.com

Now can you post some articles about Fritz's expertise (in law)?

Woodyspda

Did you read the transcripts old man?

When did I say anything about OJ??? I clearly noted that I was responding to the beginning of the thread and to Themis.... NOT YOU

Clem_Shady

Did you read the transcripts old man?

When did I say anything about OJ??? I clearly noted that I was responding to the beginning of the thread and to Themis.... NOT YOU

That's the difference between you and me, I would post the transcripts, while you just babble without giving anyone anything to look at.

L

Libertarian

Well, I guess I'll have to wait until they turn on me. In my secular little corner of isolation, I see more people complaining that there isn't enough police rather than a build up of power and an out of control police force. :shrug: I understand legit concerns and worries, and do have concerns over wiretapping and et al, but this particular topic (which went from local LEOs wearing dark BDUs to becoming assault rambo's) seems to be looking under bushel baskets for trouble while the chickens are being eaten by the foxes...a non-issue. JMO :shrug:
People always seem to want more police officers because the people are grossly misinformed. Very few pay attention to budgets, politics, town hall meetings, etc., but they read about higher crime rates and their instant response is "hire more police officers and spend more on law enforcement," which is conveniently advocated for by the police department. Only what...like 1/2 of registered voters actually vote? Among them, I suspect most of them really don't even know what they vote for. They just keep drinking the kool-aid that government gives them.

L

Libertarian

:yeahthat:
She probably hasn't read any of the stories implying that our law enforcement agencies, and military have recieved training on how to deal with mass domestic protests of our Gov'ts wrong doings If they were ever to occur.

Scary thought.
They've convinced us that they are preparing to protect us from others, when in reality they are preparing to protect the government from the people. That is why they are so secretive about it. We are on the verge of collapse, and they know it...they know the people are going to participate in widespread civil unrest when that happens. Now I am getting freaked out again.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They've convinced us that they are preparing to protect us from others, when in reality they are preparing to protect the government from the people. That is why they are so secretive about it. We are on the verge of collapse, and they know it...they know the people are going to participate in widespread civil unrest when that happens. Now I am getting freaked out again.

At the risk of appearing stupid..who is the 'they' you keep referring to?

Same 'they' that set all the explosive charges on the WTC support columns on Sept 10th?..or a different bunch of 'them'? I know my beer-drinking grew-up-with-em buddies in local law enforcement have yet to meet up with 'them'..:whistle:

Last edited:
L

Libertarian

Same 'they' that set all the explosive charges on the WTC support columns on Sept 10th?..or a different bunch of 'them'? I know my beer-drinking grew-up-with-em buddies in local law enforcement have yet to meet up with 'them'..:whistle:
No, but that sure does provide your buddies with a convenient excuse to snatch power and view the rest of us with suspicion.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
People always seem to want more police officers because the people are grossly misinformed. Very few pay attention to budgets, politics, town hall meetings, etc., but they read about higher crime rates and their instant response is "hire more police officers and spend more on law enforcement," which is conveniently advocated for by the police department. Only what...like 1/2 of registered voters actually vote? Among them, I suspect most of them really don't even know what they vote for. They just keep drinking the kool-aid that government gives them.

I'd like to think I'm a pretty informed voter. I've researched the candidates on my own and met with some and formed my own opinions. I'd like to think I don't drink the kool-aid as you said. :lol: However, you, and this conspiracy theory outlook and the mention of the horrible "they" does sound kool-aid-ish in its own right. :lol:

No offense meant, but I really think the issues you have, stem more from the national political arena level than the local law enforcement level (and really has nothing to do with what they wear) where everybody who works for the local government is scrambling trying to make their budget with their piece of the pie and satisfy the local populace's demands at the same time. :shrug: My opinion.

Clem_Shady

They Shoot Dogs, Don't They?

All I know is, if you had a dog in this fight, "they" would have shot it by now.

Clem_Shady

They're Just Spending Steny's 911 Money!

I'd like to think I'm a pretty informed voter. I've researched the candidates on my own and met with some and formed my own opinions. I'd like to think I don't drink the kool-aid as you said. :lol: However, you, and this conspiracy theory outlook and the mention of the horrible "they" does sound kool-aid-ish in its own right. :lol:

No offense meant, but I really think the issues you have, stem more from the national political arena level than the local law enforcement level (and really has nothing to do with what they wear) where everybody who works for the local government is scrambling trying to make their budget with their piece of the pie and satisfy the local populace's demands at the same time. :shrug: My opinion.

Cherry, Grape, Lemon-Lime? What's your flavor?

"Why did you shoot me? I was reading a book."

"During the past 15 years, The Post and other media outlets have reported on the unsettling "militarization" of police departments across the country. Armed with free surplus military gear from the Pentagon, SWAT teams have multiplied at a furious pace. Tactics once reserved for rare, volatile situations such as hostage takings, bank robberies and terrorist incidents increasingly are being used for routine police work."

Overkill: The Latest Trend in Policing - washingtonpost.com

Themis

You can quote my posts, they are mine. However altering my posts and making them appear as I said them, is not okay. You know that, otherwise you wouldn't be backtracking.

1) I'm a woman and turn on and off like a light switch. What someone wears (or not) isn't one of my sexual kicks though if that's what you are asking. However, having worn BDUs in my lifetime, I can see the comfort and ease of them over a dress uniform which was my point and is my point. I have no problem with an easy to wear uniform being worn by the police.

2) Censored, no. Speak for yourself, and your opinions all you like. That's free speech. Free speech is NOT putting words in other people's mouths for them to swallow. Free speech is NOT misquoting and lying about what someone else said...in a print medium I believe that would be called libel.

I like to buy local grass fed cows (not corn fed) and eat them. Quite yummy. I also eat local produce. Very yummy.

I have no idea who Jack is, but why would you attempt to bring my husband into this conversation? :confused:

I really wasn't trying to alter your post, or change your words.

I have no problem that you like the mentioned uniforms.
I got pieved when you made the comments about me in your first post to my opinion of the uniforms. I wasn't feaking out, I wasn't finding fault with every little thing. I was simply trying to say that I personally did not think that the uniforms portrayed the Deputies as peace officers, but portrayed them as people of a more milataristic occupation.
i have read many of your posts and you seem like a pretty reasonable person in them.
Why don't we start over and discuss subjects without comments that take us away from the subject at hand. I don't mind people disagreeing with my opinions on anything i write about. If I did this sould definatey be the wrong place to make my opinions public.
I' m sorry that we got off on the wrong foot with one another.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
No, but that sure does provide your buddies with a convenient excuse to snatch power and view the rest of us with suspicion.

Hmm. So what kind of mind-altering drugs turned 'my buddies' in to paranoid rogue military types all of a sudden..that would turn on their own family, friends and community? And better yet..how on earth does such a large number of individuals collectively and completely hide their potential new 'mission' from anyone and everyone that knows them. Some astounding leaps built in to all that nonsense...:killingme