Congress votes to disallow consumers from suing Equifax and other companies with arbitration agreeme

awpitt

Main Streeter
so you were there in the room, or on the phone call ?

yeah I did not think so ........

smart enough to :oldman: you in .....

Vice-presidents rarely, if ever, vote against the wishes of their boss when breaking ties in the Senate.

awpitt

Main Streeter
But I guess you are perfectly fine with medical providers that can no longer afford to provide 'affordable' services due to the outrageous costs of malpractice insurance since jurys have awarded BILLIONS in lawsuit decisions? You are perfectly fine paying 200 to 300% of what the same services cost just a few years ago?

Of course you are. I am guessing you don't pay a cent! Probably the tax payers picking up the tab.....amiright?

Well, if there hadn't been DRs committing malpractice in the first place, there would be no need for jurys to give awards.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How is that a difficult position to understand?

how difficult is if for YOU to understand spurious lawsuits drive up the costs for EVERYONE ....

Asbestos = :bs: wasn't bothering anyone hanging around on pipes ... or tile floors
Silicon Breast Implants = :bs: when the science FINALLY came in - no relation to implants and the disorders claimed
Second Hand Smoke = :bs: extrapolated from miners that developed lung caner after working in uranium mines We Used Terrible Science to Justify Smoking Bans

yes McDonald's should not be serving coffee @ 180 degrees
- but CUSTOMERS bitch when the get to work and their coffee is cold
- so McDonald's jacks up the coffee temperature

but what pat of 'this coffee is HOT' is difficult to understand

Consumers then have no way of knowing the product is dangerous and continue to use it until the cost of arbitration is too much for the company or they redesign a faulty product.

:bs:

if something is that dangerous word will get around especially on the internet today .....

Last edited:

This_person

Can you not read? Do you prefer I come
Over and dictate all the news to you?

This law allows companies to force consumer into arbitration. The results of which are generally under a gag order. So a company that makes a product can injure hundreds of consumers while quietly paying them off a small sum. Consumers then have no way of knowing the product is dangerous and continue to use it until the cost of arbitration is too much for the company or they redesign a faulty product.

They no longer will have to litigate these cases in public or say if they knew about the issue prior to sale and deem the risk worth the reward.

“It robs consumers of their most effective legal tool against corporate wrongdoing,” Cordray said. “As a result, companies like Wells Fargo and Equifax remain free to break the law without fear of legal blowback from their customers.”

George Slover, senior policy counsel for Consumers Union, said the vote “means that big financial companies can lock the courthouse doors and prevent consumers who’ve been mistreated from joining together to seek the relief they deserve under the law.”

For years, Wells Fargo used arbitration clauses to block lawsuits from customers who alleged that unauthorized accounts had been opened in their names. Ultimately, the bank estimated that as many as 3.5 million such accounts were opened.

The bank agreed to settle some class-actions suits, but not until the CFPB, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Los Angeles city attorney’s office fined the bank over those practices last year. Even in cases that the bank settled, it had argued that the plaintiffs could not sue because of arbitration clauses.”

http://www.latimes.com/topic/business/equifax-ORCRP005319-topic.html

Watch Hot Coffe. You will see the same exact thing happened with story reform years ago to the detriment of the consumer

This is true for all companies? No one is allowed to use arbitration? I'm trying to see how this would affect, say, Goodyear from making a bad tire, or Kellogs from selling you cereal that would make you sick.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But I guess you are perfectly fine with medical providers that can no longer afford to provide 'affordable' services due to the outrageous costs of malpractice insurance since jurys have awarded BILLIONS in lawsuit decisions? You are perfectly fine paying 200 to 300% of what the same services cost just a few years ago?

Of course you are. I am guessing you don't pay a cent! Probably the tax payers picking up the tab.....amiright?

of course she is ........ but banks ... hold on now

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Well, if there hadn't been DRs committing malpractice in the first place, there would be no need for jurys to give awards.

we wouldn't need tort reform in this country if the system was altruistic

instead of abused with spurious lawsuits

Restitution

And... if there were no Drs. to perform procedures... there would be no malpractice opportunities and nothing to file suit against.

This can keep going as long as you wish....

Sapidus

I told you before, We would take the bus to Anacostia to see Pam Grier's newest movie.
Coffy was ok but nothing special..

View attachment 120292

So what? You just as bad as Gillian posing pics of his crap to prove himself. Times have changed old man. Try that Negro stuff now and you will get curb stomped.

Instead of making stupid jokes educate yourself

Sapidus

You think malpractice insurance just started in the last 3 years? Think dummy think

Sapidus

how difficult is if for YOU to understand spurious lawsuits drive up the costs for EVERYONE ....

Asbestos = :bs: wasn't bothering anyone hanging around on pipes ... or tile floors
Silicon Breast Implants = :bs: when the science FINALLY came in - no relation to implants and the disorders claimed
Second Hand Smoke = :bs: extrapolated from miners that developed lung caner after working in uranium mines We Used Terrible Science to Justify Smoking Bans

yes McDonald's should not be serving coffee @ 180 degrees
- but CUSTOMERS bitch when the get to work and their coffee is cold
- so McDonald's jacks up the coffee temperature

but what pat of 'this coffee is HOT' is difficult to understand

if something is that dangerous word will get around especially on the internet today .....

If you chose to educate yourself like I said and watch the documentary you would see that many people were burned prior to the woman who won millions. McDonalds covered it up repeatedly and this binding arbitration will allow other conkanies to do the same to save a buck. The jury awarded the woman that amount despite the facts she only asked for her medical bills to be paid as punishment for McDonalds repeatedly injuring their customers and not changing their practices

Sapidus

we wouldn't need tort reform in this country if the system was altruistic

instead of abused with spurious lawsuits

Stop spouting off idiocy

As I said the woman burned by McDonalds only asked to have her medical bills paid. Once the jury saw McDonalds had done this to many others and ignored safety warnings repeatedly the jury chose to award her millions more than what she was seeking

Sapidus

You can say that all you want, they have had multiple kerfuffles on each other's opinions in the past year.
You don't know much about Mike Pence..

Trump is the president. He decides the agenda. Pence does what he says. See his appearing at a football game for five minutes at our expense for proof

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Wildy disingenuous dismissal. Suing every aspect and activity of the health care industry is, first and foremeost, a truly massive legal "industry" with huge law firms doing nothing but creating revenue streams at every opportunity..legitimate (seldom) or not. The constant barrage of TV ads trolling for class action victims is truly mind boggling in scope.

Only a true progbot would remain OK with that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So what? You just as bad as Gillian posing pics of his crap to prove himself.

You are so jealous. Poor failed little fella. :patonhead: And you conveniently gloss over why I started posting those in the first place.... *wink wink*

I have more....lots more.