Congress votes to disallow consumers from suing Equifax and other companies with arbitration agreeme

black dog

Free America
So what? You just as bad as Gillian posing pics of his crap to prove himself. Times have changed old man. Try that Negro stuff now and you will get curb stomped.

Instead of making stupid jokes educate yourself

You think I'm old? Affraid of you or the slums? I'll let you know next time I'm in town pussy boy, or if you happen to roll west let me know. Gary and Detroit are a short drive away from me. Then we can take a ghetto tour and see who's comfortable and who's not.
Shhhhhhhhush. The negro that lives across the street and I are shooting pool at the Eagles.. if I loose again I will have to pay for his Corona's.. At least it's 1.50 night...

black dog

Free America
Trump is the president. He decides the agenda. Pence does what he says. See his appearing at a football game for five minutes at our expense for proof

You're wacked, That's you all Democrats that follow in step...
And you also know nothing about Michael Pence.

Sapidus

If when you purchased the tires you signed your receipt they could write into the language on there that you are bound to arbitration. As opposed to suing in Court. Just like when you purchase many things today.

Their tires explode because they use a cheap rubber. The execs knew this would happen but were saving so much on the rubber they figured the monetary benefit out weighs the risk. This happens 50 times. Normally a class actionsuit would be filed once this happens to say 8 people or 10 people. At that point The company is sued and they change the rubber and pay for these peoples injuries and damage.

With binding arbitration the results are under gag order so they are free to keep endangering people at will until the costs no longer out weigh the benefit. So if the cheap rubber saves them $10 million a year and they have to pay $4 million a year in claims and a few people die the company is happy and has no incentive to change.

This_person

If when you purchased the tires you signed your receipt they could write into the language on there that you are bound to arbitration. As opposed to suing in Court. Just like when you purchase many things today.

Their tires explode because they use a cheap rubber. The execs knew this would happen but were saving so much on the rubber they figured the monetary benefit out weighs the risk. This happens 50 times. Normally a class actionsuit would be filed once this happens to say 8 people or 10 people. At that point The company is sued and they change the rubber and pay for these peoples injuries and damage.

With binding arbitration the results are under gag order so they are free to keep endangering people at will until the costs no longer out weigh the benefit. So if the cheap rubber saves them $10 million a year and they have to pay $4 million a year in claims and a few people die the company is happy and has no incentive to change.

How would they write that in? What would you have to sign? Do you have to sign with no knowledge you're signing it?

Sapidus

How would they write that in? What would you have to sign? Do you have to sign with no knowledge you're signing it?

I would think this would be something concerned with government overreach would find very concerning

It says on the contract you agree to binding arbitration in the Event of a dispute. Opting in can be as easy as using the product or signing your receipt.

You’ve probably signed dozens without knowing it already.

You know that box you check when you buy something online or when you have to agree to terms of service before proceeding online? Many times it is buried in this pages and pages that people don’t read. When you sign and send in Warranty card for an appliance it’s often in there. If you sign up for Netflix or a cell phone plan it’s in there. Some utilities are now adding and Comcast has it in their terms of service. Some insurance companies have begun to add them too. Many employers are now adding it to their contracts as well.

Here is an article from Consumer Reports on the subject

The National Association of Consumer Advocates says that such agreements are now in hundreds of millions of consumer contracts. If you have purchased a product or service from Amazon, signed a cell-phone contract with AT&T, bought a gift card from Starbucks, went for a deal from Groupon, or tried to find love on Match.com, for example, there’s a good chance you unknowingly agreed to binding arbitration. All it takes is signing a contract, clicking “I agree” on a website, or just using a product or service. If you eventually have a complaint—say, you discover that for years your credit-card issuer charged improper fees—instead of being able to air your complaint to a judge or jury, you might be contractually obligated to take it to an arbitration firm selected by the very company that engaged in the wrongdoing”

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro...our-right-to-sue-without-knowing-it/index.htm

Last edited:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
So what? You just as bad as Gillian posing pics of his crap to prove himself. Times have changed old man. Try that Negro stuff now and you will get curb stomped

Is that worse than what they do in Baltimore and Chicago when they put a cap in your ass...?

black dog

Free America
So what? You just as bad as Gillian posing pics of his crap to prove himself. Times have changed old man. Try that Negro stuff now and you will get curb stomped.

Instead of making stupid jokes educate yourself

You people will do anything to avoid calling Trump and co on their bull.

Just a bunch of sycophants

It amazes me that a supposedly white person can constantly type with ebonics, say the word "ask and type it like you say it..

[video=youtube_share;g0j2dVuhr6s]https://youtu.be/g0j2dVuhr6s[/video]

Sapidus

It amazes me that a supposedly white person can constantly type with ebonics, say the word "ask and type it like you say it..

[video=youtube_share;g0j2dVuhr6s]https://youtu.be/g0j2dVuhr6s[/video]

Whatever grandpa. Keep making references to 30 year old movies and your hey days 40 years ago in SE.

black dog

Free America
Whatever grandpa. Keep making references to 30 year old movies and your hey days 40 years ago in SE.

Not a grandpa yet son, I wasn't afraid of SE at 13, I'm certainly not afraid of
Anacostia now.. crime and murders are nothing now compared to then..
It funny to think that some folks would be afraid to walk in some neighborhood in America. Do you think that all service work to keep housing, buildings, utility's and so on in these bad neighborhoods are repaired and maintained by negro workers?
That would be another " negro please "

This_person

I would think this would be something concerned with government overreach would find very concerning

It says on the contract you agree to binding arbitration in the Event of a dispute. Opting in can be as easy as using the product or signing your receipt.

You’ve probably signed dozens without knowing it already.

You know that box you check when you buy something online or when you have to agree to terms of service before proceeding online? Many times it is buried in this pages and pages that people don’t read. When you sign and send in Warranty card for an appliance it’s often in there. If you sign up for Netflix or a cell phone plan it’s in there. Some utilities are now adding and Comcast has it in their terms of service. Some insurance companies have begun to add them too. Many employers are now adding it to their contracts as well.

Here is an article from Consumer Reports on the subject

The National Association of Consumer Advocates says that such agreements are now in hundreds of millions of consumer contracts. If you have purchased a product or service from Amazon, signed a cell-phone contract with AT&T, bought a gift card from Starbucks, went for a deal from Groupon, or tried to find love on Match.com, for example, there’s a good chance you unknowingly agreed to binding arbitration. All it takes is signing a contract, clicking “I agree” on a website, or just using a product or service. If you eventually have a complaint—say, you discover that for years your credit-card issuer charged improper fees—instead of being able to air your complaint to a judge or jury, you might be contractually obligated to take it to an arbitration firm selected by the very company that engaged in the wrongdoing”

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro...our-right-to-sue-without-knowing-it/index.htm
I'm not seeing government overreaching. I am seeing the need for personal responsibility.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Sappy’s Utopia.....

Attachments

• 79B6E1BC-7A70-4A59-81CB-97B9EFA5198B.png
    79B6E1BC-7A70-4A59-81CB-97B9EFA5198B.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 184

Sapidus

I'm not seeing government overreaching. I am seeing the need for personal responsibility.

Good luck reading the next 400 pages of disclosures every time you purchase a cell phone, car, insurance, software.

This is virulently anti consumer and pro business yet you still find a way to twist it in favor of your god Trump.

I can’t wait for the day his bites you on the ass. I’m Through feeling sorry for people who vote against their own best interests. This is a prime example , along with dismantling Obamacare and the dismantling of the EPA. It’s so short sighted and idiotic. You believe you are a free thinker but you are exactly the type of moron who needs society and government to protect them from themselves.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You believe you are a free thinker but you are exactly the type of moron who needs society and government to protect them from themselves.

Fortunately for the rest of us, you morons are in the minority. ;-)

And btw, Obamacare is dismantling itself. It was designed that way from the start. Needs no help to self-destruct..none whatsoever.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Another viewpoint...

More broadly, the bureau’s own study shows that consumers recover, on average, $5,389 when using arbitration. Contrast that to the average $32.35 recovered when using class-action suits.

Class-action lawsuits are notoriously poor in producing satisfied customers. Many times, aggrieved consumers wind up with nothing more than coupons. The trial lawyers, on the other hand, collect enormous fees.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/10/30/senate-voted-protect-banks-actually-win/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I’m Through feeling sorry for people who vote against their own best interests.

along with dismantling Obamacare and the dismantling of the EPA. It’s so short sighted and idiotic.

you are BRAIN DAMAGED if you think Obamcare is good for anyone

You believe you are a free thinker but you are exactly the type of moron who needs society and government to protect them from themselves.

ah yes the progressive handwave'm ... you are too stupid to understand whats good for you
[by progressive group think]