Congress votes to disallow consumers from suing Equifax and other companies with arbitration agreeme

Sapidus

you are BRAIN DAMAGED if you think Obamcare is good for anyone

ah yes the progressive handwave'm ... you are too stupid to understand whats good for you
[by progressive group think]

Well Stop Proving it by voting against your own interests.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Well Stop Proving it by voting against your own interests.

How many times does it have to be proven that you are not the smartest person in the room until you stop the "you're an idiot/stupid/brain damaged name calling"?

This_person

Good luck reading the next 400 pages of disclosures every time you purchase a cell phone, car, insurance, software.

This is virulently anti consumer and pro business yet you still find a way to twist it in favor of your god Trump.

I can’t wait for the day his bites you on the ass. I’m Through feeling sorry for people who vote against their own best interests. This is a prime example , along with dismantling Obamacare and the dismantling of the EPA. It’s so short sighted and idiotic. You believe you are a free thinker but you are exactly the type of moron who needs society and government to protect them from themselves.

With all due respect, it really doesn't matter if either of us is smart or dumb. What matters (to me) is that we are FREE. I could not possibly care less if FREE people get hurt through their own actions or inactions. It is universally far more important to be free to make those mistakes than be subjected to unconstitutionally-intrusive government.

Sapidus

With all due respect, it really doesn't matter if either of us is smart or dumb. What matters (to me) is that we are FREE. I could not possibly care less if FREE people get hurt through their own actions or inactions. It is universally far more important to be free to make those mistakes than be subjected to unconstitutionally-intrusive government.

Good luck with that. That is exactly the problem with people who can’t think outside their biases and their ideology’s. You will cut off your nose despite your face. And vote for a piece of trash like Trump because he panders to your bottom line despite not having your best interests at heart or being a man of morals

black dog

Free America
Good luck with that. That is exactly the problem with people who can’t think outside their biases and their ideology’s. You will cut off your nose despite your face. And vote for a piece of trash like Trump because he panders to your bottom line despite not having your best interests at heart or being a man of morals

light-self-in-fire.gif

littlelady

God bless the USA

Whoop! There it is! Right on, T_p! Best post in a long time. :dude:

Best post of the week award. The week is early, but we shall see. May be best post of the year!

God bless America!

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That is exactly the problem with people who can’t think outside their biases and their ideology’s.

4408109.jpg

And vote for a piece of trash like Trump because he panders to your bottom line despite not having your best interests at heart or being a man of morals

:killingme

you want to talk morals in politics ...... you cute, run along and play, leave the conversation to the adults

This_person

Good luck with that. That is exactly the problem with people who can’t think outside their biases and their ideology’s.

Are you suggesting that you would rather have someone in the government decide what it is that you need to be protected from (including yourself), and mandate through law (and therefore threat of life, jail, and/or fine) your personal actions? I'm not talking about you hurting someone else, now. For example, there actually is a need for an EPA in terms of what people can do to shared waterways with other states, etc. Anything within a state can be regulated by that state. No, I'm talking about whether or not you can be trusted by yourself to understand the terms of a contract you willingly enter. You would rather someone else figure that out for you, and mandate through law what you may or may not enter into? Is that really what you believe?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
No, I'm talking about whether or not you can be trusted by yourself to understand the terms of a contract you willingly enter.
You would rather someone else figure that out for you, and mandate through law what you may or may not enter into?

:nono:

BUSINESSES will lie, cheat and obfuscate .... you need a Gov. Bureaucracy for YOUR Protection

This_person

:nono:

BUSINESSES will lie, cheat and obfuscate .... you need a Gov. Bureaucracy for YOUR Protection

And, it makes sense, because, while we subjects are apparently not smart enough to lead our own lives, we ARE smart enough to pick people who will lead them for us, right? :lol:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
And, it makes sense, because, while we subjects are apparently not smart enough to lead our own lives, we ARE smart enough to pick people who will lead them for us, right? :lol:

yeah there lies the cognitive disconnect

- the assumption BUSINESSES Will Bend You Over The Counter ..... but somehow that bureaucrat is altruistic and answers to YOU

the same people that complain about crooked cops,
uncaring insurance companies [opps that is a business]
fine service from the DMV

Sapidus

Are you suggesting that you would rather have someone in the government decide what it is that you need to be protected from (including yourself), and mandate through law (and therefore threat of life, jail, and/or fine) your personal actions? I'm not talking about you hurting someone else, now. For example, there actually is a need for an EPA in terms of what people can do to shared waterways with other states, etc. Anything within a state can be regulated by that state. No, I'm talking about whether or not you can be trusted by yourself to understand the terms of a contract you willingly enter. You would rather someone else figure that out for you, and mandate through law what you may or may not enter into? Is that really what you believe?

So say Maryland decides to make strict laws to protect the bay. Delegate decides it is going to not enforce any environmental
Standards so as to attract business’s.

What recourse does MD have to protect he bay if someone higher up decides to dump in it with no regulation?

There are 350 million people in this country. Doesn’t it make sense that the people we elected should have our best interests in mind? Shoudnt we trust them to say this is not good for consumers and there is no reason for 350 million people to have to read through dozens of pages of legal jargon every time they buy something?

This_person

So say Maryland decides to make strict laws to protect the bay. Delegate decides it is going to not enforce any environmental
Standards so as to attract business’s.

What recourse does MD have to protect he bay if someone higher up decides to dump in it with no regulation?

Well, delegates don't enforce laws, the executive branch of the MD government would do that. That aside, the Bay is, surprisingly, surrounded by three states, not one, so federal regulations would be appropriate there in accordance with the Constitution.

But, let's say that you asked a question that makes sense. Let's say you asked "What if MD legislators wanted to attract a chemical company and allowed dumping toxic waste into Lake Beverly in Mayo, MD, and the Governor signed that?"

Then, my answer would be, "the people of MD would need to handle that, because it does not affect anyone but them."

There are 350 million people in this country. Doesn’t it make sense that the people we elected should have our best interests in mind? Shoudnt we trust them to say this is not good for consumers and there is no reason for 350 million people to have to read through dozens of pages of legal jargon every time they buy something?

There's actually more like 325M people. There are 435 voting members of the House, 100 voting members of the Senate, and one president. That's 536 people, or 0.00001% of the population making life decisions on what is good or bad for the other (essentially) 100% of us. So, if you feel you need a mommy and a daddy to tell you what is good for you to do/think/feel, that's your choice. For those of us who understand the Constitution and what freedom means, what "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" means, we will make decisions for ourselves.

Will we be wrong sometimes? Yeah, I'd say there's a 100% chance of that. And, that's ok.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Doesn’t it make sense that the people we elected should have our best interests in mind?
Shouldn't we trust them to say this is not good for consumers and there is no reason for 350 million people to have to read through dozens of pages of legal jargon every time they buy something?

you must be new around here, you should go back to the EU where they hand hold everyone

your congress critter only wants to here from you at election time

Sapidus

Well, delegates don't enforce laws, the executive branch of the MD government would do that. That aside, the Bay is, surprisingly, surrounded by three states, not one, so federal regulations would be appropriate there in accordance with the Constitution.

But, let's say that you asked a question that makes sense. Let's say you asked "What if MD legislators wanted to attract a chemical company and allowed dumping toxic waste into Lake Beverly in Mayo, MD, and the Governor signed that?"

Then, my answer would be, "the people of MD would need to handle that, because it does not affect anyone but them."

So if you change the question completely then I am correct - Thisperson

What kind of sense does that make in your tiny mind? Obviously you have agreed with me that there is a need for government oversight when dealing with issue that effect more than one state. Why can't you type the simple words. I agree. Instead of completely changing the discussion to prove your point? Yet another in a growing list of reasons not to engage with you. You re so wrapped up in states rights you can't even admit federal oversight is a good thing in some cases.

There's actually more like 325M people. There are 435 voting members of the House, 100 voting members of the Senate, and one president. That's 536 people, or 0.00001% of the population making life decisions on what is good or bad for the other (essentially) 100% of us. So, if you feel you need a mommy and a daddy to tell you what is good for you to do/think/feel, that's your choice. For those of us who understand the Constitution and what freedom means, what "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" means, we will make decisions for ourselves.

Will we be wrong sometimes? Yeah, I'd say there's a 100% chance of that. And, that's ok.

Well then don't vote and make the rest of us suffer with your terrible choices if you truly believe the elected officials are worthless. Or move to another country where their is a different set of governances.

This_person

Well then don't vote and make the rest of us suffer with your terrible choices if you truly believe the elected officials are worthless. Or move to another country where their is a different set of governances.

I never suggested that the federal government has no role. I have already stated repeatedly that it does. Just about 20% (rough guess) of what it does is really good.

You don’t get the point in voting, do you? :lol:

See, the constitution gives you and me some authority, and voting is it. I don’t ask you not to vote because I believe in all voices - even ones as inaccurate and misguided as yours - has a valid right to be heard. You should try an open mind and giving respect to people with whom you disagree. It’s pretty good for the soul. Oh, wait, you don’t believe you have a soul. Never mind.