Correct way to use a Median...

glhs837

Power with Control
There actually is a law requiring them to drive in the right lane, but only if they are doing 10 mph or more below the speed limit (or below the safe speed if it's lower for some reason). But, yes, a desire for improved traffic flow in general - not to mention common courtesy - would have people drive in the right lane when they aren't passing others and aren't getting ready to make a left turn.

:lmao:

SG_Player1974

I'm sorry but, with respects to using the median properly, the OP's "correct" way to do it is pure common sense! Not only does it keep the driver in the right-most lane as required.... it also affords BOTH drivers in the median the best possible view of on-coming traffic.

Best scenario to prove this is the school bus making a U-turn. Say you are in the median (somewhat near the middle as you are NOT supposed to be) and a school bus pulls in and wants to make a U-turn but, instead of going to your left side (their right... which would be correct) they take a sharp cut and end up on your right side.

How much of the on-coming traffic would you be able to see? And don't laugh at the example.... I see it happen almost EVERY day.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Ok, flame away, I was wrong, totally wrong, the way I was describing a median crossover fits into the OP's link, don't know how I misinterpreted that animation but I did and now realize that I was totally off base.

Thanks for enlightening me everyone.

bilbur

Ok, flame away, I was wrong, totally wrong, the way I was describing a median crossover fits into the OP's link, don't know how I misinterpreted that animation but I did and now realize that I was totally off base.

It takes a big person to admit when they are wrong. I admit that I am wrong at least once a day so I can at least be right about something every day.

glhs837

Power with Control

Why you........ reasonable person. Now go forth and spread the gospel :)