CVS Manager Calls 911 on Black Woman Trying to Use Coupon

PsyOps

Pixelated
Here's something I found that's interesting.

"[Morry Matson] is also the President of the Illinois chapter of the Log Cabin Republicans group, a GOP group that advocates for LGBT rights."

Just something to chew on.

officeguy

Here's something I found that's interesting.

"[Morry Matson] is also the President of the Illinois chapter of the Log Cabin Republicans group, a GOP group that advocates for LGBT rights."

Just something to chew on.

It doesn't matter who he is and whether he volunteers in the soup kitchen five nights a week. It matters that the outrage machine has convicted him based on some video snippets of a extended interaction with a customer.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It doesn't matter who he is and whether he volunteers in the soup kitchen five nights a week. It matters that the outrage machine has convicted him based on some video snippets of a extended interaction with a customer.

I know that Giant customer service hates to see me coming because they know I found something wrong with my receipt, but they never have called the police. That CVS manager was visibly shaking when making the call to the police. Something else happened that wasn’t on the video.

Last edited:

Sapidus

The irony. :rolleyes:

Based on the behavior of the last two years it is obvious most Trump supporters don't care enough about racism, sexism or homophobia to stand up to it and even voted for a guy who embodies all of those traits.

Its not ironic. It's true

Sapidus

Someone getting fired is not proof of wrong-doing.

I would hope that CVS corporate reviewed the store surveillance tape and actually investigated what happened there. From the verbiage of their statement I doubt that this happened and they just decided that throwing an employee under the bus was the cheapest way to deal with the viral outrage machine.

Wrong. they said after careful review. The store no doubt had cameras and there were witness's. Despite what you believe the world is not out to discriminate against white men.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Based on the behavior of the last two years it is obvious most Trump supporters don't care enough about racism, sexism or homophobia to stand up to it and even voted for a guy who embodies all of those traits.

Its not ironic. It's true

It's pointless to debate with someone who is so mired in their myopic prism that everything-Trump is racist. You're operating on the same grounds you accuse Trump supporters operate on - bigotry. You've done the same thing you're accusing other of doing - jumping to a conclusion - that you may just be wrong about. We don't have enough context of what happened before in this video to conclude anything other than a woman tried to cash in a coupon, the manger claimed it was fake, and he was calling the cops. Like Vrai tried to point out to you - which you ignored over and over - does this manger call the cops on every black person that tries to cash in a coupon? Do you have any evidence of this? Why did he decide to single this one black woman, out of all the black women he served while working there? Here's another question... do you have any evidence that this manager has been accused of racism in his past? Your refusal to answer these questions only shows that you're only interested in being a bigot towards anyone who is a Trump supporter.

When I see racism or bigotry, I call it out. And I see with you daily. You're dishonest. You're hateful. You're all the things you accuse others of being.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Did you not see me mention that in both my comments?

No, I didn't. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

EDIT: Going back and reading your posts; you only made mention that Matson is President of the Illinois chapter of the Log Cabin Republicans group. You made no mention that they are advocates for LGBT rights. Seems you are being selective in your outrage.

Last edited:

This_person

Cuz he racist. Pay attention

Calling the police on a black woman trying to use a coupon.

watch the video or read the article next time before you ask stupid questions.

"No police action was taken against the woman and the man has since been fired".

Why is calling the police "racist"? Was the coupon valid - did she get her product free? What about the threats mentioned in the video?

Still waiting.

Sapidus

No, I didn't. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

EDIT: Going back and reading your posts; you only made mention that Matson is President of the Illinois chapter of the Log Cabin Republicans group. You made no mention that they are advocates for LGBT rights. Seems you are being selective in your outrage.

Seems you don't understand what Log cabin republicans mean. That is their very definition. It's like if someone was identified as a tea party member.

Sapidus

Still waiting.

For what?

It is clear that he was in the wrong as he is now fired from CVS and his role in the Log Cabin chapter has been dissolved. The woman was not charged with trying to use a fake coupon , fraud or any other crime. There is even evidence online the company confirmed the authenticity of the coupon but im not 100% sure if it is real or not

Why would we assume the police, CVS and the local republican party all are incompetent to give the benefit of the doubt to a man we know supports Trump and therefore is okay with racist , sexist and xenophobic language and behavior?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Seems you don't understand what Log cabin republicans mean. That is their very definition. It's like if someone was identified as a tea party member.

You're right. I don't. And I don't really care. I was simply posting a quote from an article I found interesting in light of Matson's alleged bigotry.

PsyOps

Pixelated
For what?

It is clear that he was in the wrong as he is now fired from CVS and his role in the Log Cabin chapter has been dissolved. The woman was not charged with trying to use a fake coupon , fraud or any other crime. There is even evidence online the company confirmed the authenticity of the coupon but im not 100% sure if it is real or not

Why would we assume the police, CVS and the local republican party all are incompetent to give the benefit of the doubt to a man we know supports Trump and therefore is okay with racist , sexist and xenophobic language and behavior?

It's too simplistic to make the leap from doing something wrong, to that being motivated by racism. There's not one shred of evidence that Matson did what he did because the woman is black. And I'm not suggesting that it wasn't either. But, unlike you, I am an 'innocent until proven guilty' kind of guy.

Sapidus

It's too simplistic to make the leap from doing something wrong, to that being motivated by racism. There's not one shred of evidence that Matson did what he did because the woman is black. And I'm not suggesting that it wasn't either. But, unlike you, I am an 'innocent until proven guilty' kind of guy.

Me too until someone wears a MAGA hat looking for a confrontation.

What about BBQ Becky? Permit Patty? Jogger Joe? I bt you gave all this white people who called the police on blacks not breaking any laws the benefit of the doubt as well.

We are seeing it more and more because Trump and his language and discourse has emboldened racists to feel it is ok to act this way and everyone now has a phone in the pocket to record it .

Oh look yet another example of a Trump supporter being a homophobic xenophobic bigot with no shame

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...-homophobic-sign-outside-of-orlando-mans-home

When Trump and his supporters don't condemn these people at every turn they are tacitly approving of their behavior. " There are good people on both sides" No there aren't. there are nazis on one side

Just as he did by meeting with Putin and not increasing sanctions he is saying to Putin you can do whatever you want and we will still be here waiting to negotiate.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Me too until someone wears a MAGA hat looking for a confrontation.

What about BBQ Becky? Permit Patty? Jogger Joe? I bt you gave all this white people who called the police on blacks not breaking any laws the benefit of the doubt as well.

We are seeing it more and more because Trump and his language and discourse has emboldened racists to feel it is ok to act this way and everyone now has a phone in the pocket to record it .

Oh look yet another example of a Trump supporter being a homophobic xenophobic bigot with no shame

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...-homophobic-sign-outside-of-orlando-mans-home

When Trump and his supporters don't condemn these people at every turn they are tacitly approving of their behavior. " There are good people on both sides" No there aren't. there are nazis on one side

Just as he did by meeting with Putin and not increasing sanctions he is saying to Putin you can do whatever you want and we will still be here waiting to negotiate.

Orlando Weekly.....LOL!

https://callcenterinfo.tmcnet.com/news/2007/10/19/3029801.htm