Does Anyone Know.....

Booboo3604

I don't think she was asking you to donate anything to her, was inquiring as to what organizations are out there that she could contact. :shrug:

Here is my contribution to her request then................

Marine Toys for Tots Foundation

Obtaining toys for your children, or for someone else is simple. Search for the donation site in your state and contact your local Coordinator.

To Request a toy for your children or the children of another family:

Search for the campaign site nearest you
Click the name of the local Toys for Tots Coordinator ( A pre-formatted email message will appear)
Type your request on the preformatted email message (Include your mailing address, phone number and FAX number)
Click send (the message will go to your local Toys for Tots Coordinator)

SpriteZero

yeah i know. I guess I just get irritated around christmas. I am all for helping people and reaching out, I just get tired of when it comes around the holidays everyone begging and asking for a hand out. Let people donate to you because they want to, not because you ask.

Do you have ANY idea how expensive it is to be a single mom that WORKS full time?
First thing out of you paycheck is DAY CARE and it is not cheap.
Then rent, utilities, insurance, food, cloths for a growing 4 year old.. and maybe have a bit to put away..
But oh..the price of gas just went up.AGAIN..and you need to pull more out of your paycheck.
Perhaps this single mom is on her own, no child support or freebies from the state like some othere here on the list.

And all she asked for was WHERE to go for some help for her SON...not for her, and she HAS been buying a few things when the budget allowed.

Maybe you are rich and have it made where you dont ever need help..but when the time comes that you do, I hope people are nicer to you than you have been to people here.

Christmas..the celebration of the BIRTH of CHRIST...who's parents could NOT afford a hotel room...and the mom had to give birth in a barn...Sound like poor people to me...and could have used some charity, just like this mom is asking for.

Instead of buying stuff you really don't need for Christmas, how about stepping out of your golden castle and donate that $$$ to charity?

Last edited:

somdprincess

The one and only Princess
And as for this bashing snide comment -- no, you don't know me or my situation. Hey el jerko -- wanna babysit my son for free while I clean someone's house and garage for extra cash? Cuz I am a single mom with no family around or anyone else to help me out. But then again, since you are so shallow, I wouldn't want you NEAR my son.

Ignore those type of posts. How old is your son. Pm with details of what he likes.

somdprincess

How was I being shallow in anyway? And if I really wanted to be bashing and snide I could mention that you had how long to prepare for christmas? Its the same date every year. The fact you waited until the week before christmas to save for it seems like a personal problem. You could have been putting 10 dollars a week to the side since last christmas and had over 500 dollars. or even 5 a week and had 250. I know plenty of single mothers who are capable of doing it on their own without have to come and plea to complete strangers on a message board. It's quite sad actually. Your son deserves a good christmas. Unfortanetly you didnt plan ahead for that.

I would rather be el jerko than el pitiful.

PS Now you can at least claim I am bashing with good reason.....

Just please STFU. Enough aleady. Go bother someone else.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
How was I being shallow in anyway? And if I really wanted to be bashing and snide I could mention that you had how long to prepare for christmas? Its the same date every year. The fact you waited until the week before christmas to save for it seems like a personal problem. You could have been putting 10 dollars a week to the side since last christmas and had over 500 dollars. or even 5 a week and had 250. I know plenty of single mothers who are capable of doing it on their own without have to come and plea to complete strangers on a message board. It's quite sad actually. Your son deserves a good christmas. Unfortanetly you didnt plan ahead for that.

WOW! How mean can you get? Tis the season for kindness and giving. If you are normally that nasty, why not make a change? Here's some desperately needed hugs for you. :huggy::huggy::huggy:

And a great big :smoochy:

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
yeah i know. I guess I just get irritated around christmas. I am all for helping people and reaching out, I just get tired of when it comes around the holidays everyone begging and asking for a hand out. Let people donate to you because they want to, not because you ask.

I can relate to your feelings. I have been scammed before in the past. Could she have prepped better, yes. Could she has saved through the year, yes. But it sounds like she is struggling to make ends meet, goes from payday to payday, etc. I know what that is like, been there, done that. As a single parent, sometimes you get all consumed with living day to day and not able to "look into the future'. Crap, as old as I am, I still get that way from time to time. It is just life.

The simple fact is, she asked for organiztional help, not handouts. It is us, the kind people that began to offer her things.

No matter how irratating it may get because of today's society, I try to remember the spirit of Christmas is about family, friends, peace, love and goodwill. It is not about presents or gifts although kids never seem to see it that way. It is a special holiday, so I just let my irration go into "standby" mode for a time. Come Jan 2nd, it is back to grumpy old me.....lol

Have a Merry Christmas!

lovinmaryland

she asked for a organization or just help finding out where..she didnt ask for any thing in particular..and its not just xmas that people need help..but as parents we dont want to see our children not have santa..that is the most painful thing to not be able to give to our kids what they deserve..I havent even started one bit of xmas shopping..sure hope the heck someone helps me when im piled high in the target line this year!

Christmas time brings out the best and unfortunately the worst in people.... Last year 3 days before Christmas my aunt took all her childrens presents to the mall to have the girl scouts wrap them for her, when they finished she put them in black trash bags and carried them out to her van... from the mall she went to Giant to grab some milk and a few other things when she came back out to her car someone had stolen all her presents from her car :frown:

MMDad

Lem Putt
How was I being shallow in anyway? And if I :blahblah:

It's about time for a new round of voting for forum jackass. I wonder who will win?

watercolor

yeah yeah
It really baffles me. We dont have alot of 'change' either, but I would rather give than get. And if it makes someone else's christmas better.. then so be it! :)

What does he like? I would like to help too. I love to buy clothes for boys (as I have a girl). Let me know his sizes.

PM Me and let me know.

Last edited:

Booboo3604

I can relate to your feelings. I have been scammed before in the past. Could she have prepped better, yes. Could she has saved through the year, yes. But it sounds like she is struggling to make ends meet, goes from payday to payday, etc. I know what that is like, been there, done that. As a single parent, sometimes you get all consumed with living day to day and not able to "look into the future'. Crap, as old as I am, I still get that way from time to time. It is just life.

The simple fact is, she asked for organiztional help, not handouts. It is us, the kind people that began to offer her things.

No matter how irratating it may get because of today's society, I try to remember the spirit of Christmas is about family, friends, peace, love and goodwill. It is not about presents or gifts although kids never seem to see it that way. It is a special holiday, so I just let my irration go into "standby" mode for a time. Come Jan 2nd, it is back to grumpy old me.....lol

Have a Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you too!

Ok for all of those who feel the need to continue sending red despite me explaining I am just in general irritated and it unfortantely came out directed at her. Its definitely been a hard year for me find the christmas spirit. I apologize for that! I'll work on it!

somdprincess

Ok for all of those who feel the need to continue sending red despite me explaining I am just in general irritated and it unfortantely came out directed at her. Its definitely been a hard year for me find the christmas spirit. I apologize for that! I'll work on it!

It has been hard on many people. That is why it is so important to pull together and help each other out when we can.

SpriteZero

Then get out of yourself and you lousy, mean mood and go do something for someone else..It is amazing how it feels to GIVE when not asked....
Go get off your pitty pot, stop feeling sorry for yourself and go find ANYTHING to be grateful for....and the Christmas sprite will fill your heart..:huggy: