Does Anyone Know.....

wineo

loving life
Im getting the bad karma too but such is life. I donate plenty to the United Way. I also give a lot to my girlfriends friend that is a young single mom. We take them out to eat with us, have them over as much as they want to come. There is nothing like seeing a little girls face light up when she opens a present from Santa. I can't wait until Christmas to see her so happy.

So I'm sorry if my offer of work offended you. Not once did I say you needed to leave your child at home. He could play video games or read a book. I think it was a generous offer that you would have felt good about also since you would have worked for the money. I mean $100 for a few hours cleaning seems like a deal to me.

I could use the money and have cleaned houses before. I lost my job 2 months ago and don't start my new job utill January. PM, I might be able to help you out, and myself as well. My husband and I agreed no Christmas this year, since we moved, lost job and trying to stay afloat. I could use the extra money.

somdprincess

The one and only Princess
I could use the money and have cleaned houses before. I lost my job 2 months ago and don't start my new job utill January. PM, I might be able to help you out, and myself as well. My husband and I agreed no Christmas this year, since we moved, lost job and trying to stay afloat. I could use the extra money.

Really? Not to be rude or anything but my sister is so sick right now and could use the help.

dmh

Roxy, you have a couple of us on the board that want to help you out. Rather than PM'ing everyone, can you just put the basics on the board, i.e., his sizes, what he is into, like Thomas the train, spongebob, spiderman and if there are things specific he wants. That way we have a general idea, if we have any more specific questions, we can pm you for answers.

Thanks

Giddy up!

I am so proud of all of you:hug: even if you do get scammed by someone just remember that you gave a gift from your heart! God is the one that will see that..and you did a good thing!

Giddy up!

I wonder if she is at work? She said she is a legal secretary.

I just spoke with her..and she was very upset about the first few threads and hurt and embarrassed at how rude people were being in her time of need. I asked her to come back..and see how wonderful some of you really are..You all have made her xmas..this girl has been thru alot and you all are truley amazing to help her out.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Okay. How are we supposed to help them out if she isn't responding or PM'ing?

Since she was only asking how to contact charities, and she's been given that info, maybe that's all she needs?

It didn't sound like she was begging for handouts, and she may be embarrassed to accept the offers.

somdprincess

I just spoke with her..and she was very upset about the first few threads and hurt and embarrassed at how rude people were being in her time of need. I asked her to come back..and see how wonderful some of you really are..You all have made her xmas..this girl has been thru alot and you all are truley amazing to help her out.

ask ker to please come back and give us some more info. I would love to be a secret santa

SoMDGirl42

Thanks to those of you putting up the contact for info for Toys for Tots, etc. I have a family that I would like to get on the list with a 2 1/2 year old. The mom is pregnant and due anytime.

Roxy ~ I have been in your shoes and it is very hard. I am a single mom of a nearly 2 year old myself. Her birthday is the day after Christmas. I bought her a few things for Christmas and a few for her birthday also. The good news is right now she is too young to know what Santa is all about. I wish I could help you with gifts for your son, but I'll say an extra prayer for you and your son :huggy:. It sounds like there are some very generous folks on here that are willing to help you out this year. There are angels amoung us.

somdprincess

I sent you some green because of everyone who sent me red, you are the only one with the balls to sign it :huggy:

And to the person who gave the red with "you're retarde". It was worth it to get it to see the irony in your comment.

sorry about the red...but your post hit a nerve...I owe you some green...

R

Roxy1104

Im getting the bad karma too but such is life. I donate plenty to the United Way. I also give a lot to my girlfriends friend that is a young single mom. We take them out to eat with us, have them over as much as they want to come. There is nothing like seeing a little girls face light up when she opens a present from Santa. I can't wait until Christmas to see her so happy.

So I'm sorry if my offer of work offended you. Not once did I say you needed to leave your child at home. He could play video games or read a book. I think it was a generous offer that you would have felt good about also since you would have worked for the money. I mean $100 for a few hours cleaning seems like a deal to me.

I did not make the post you are referring to. I never implied for one moment that it was beneath me. I didn't get the opportunity to even offer -- if you notice I haven't been here at the post, I am at work. It never occurred to me that bringing a child to clean a home was an option. Also, I really didn't think you meant it, as you don't know me. But since it is, sure, I'd be glad to.

Booboo3604

I sent you some green because of everyone who sent me red, you are the only one with the balls to sign it :huggy:

And to the person who gave the red with "you're retarde". It was worth it to get it to see the irony in your comment.

"but as it worth it to get it twice? you're retade"

:lmao: Yes, especially since you keep dropping a letter everytime, it looks like at most I only have 5 more to go huh?

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
Does anyone know if she will need money for their Christmas dinner? I know my kids really enjoy all the gifts they get but they always tell me Christmas wouldn't be the same without all the good food they get to eat that day! Maybe some of us could get together and get her some groceries for that day? Just an idea.

Robin

I did not make the post you are referring to. I never implied for one moment that it was beneath me. I didn't get the opportunity to even offer -- if you notice I haven't been here at the post, I am at work. It never occurred to me that bringing a child to clean a home was an option. Also, I really didn't think you meant it, as you don't know me. But since it is, sure, I'd be glad to.

Roxy; how old is your little boy? would you except some presents for your son from some of us here?