Due date...

1st came 3 days before due date... 2nd right on due date. In both cases my water broke first followed by labor.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
My one and only came on time. Unfortunately that was 23+ hours after my water broke/labor started. Luckily no C-section but I was one tired-a$$ mama!

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
My one and only came on time. Unfortunately that was 23+ hours after my water broke/labor started. Luckily no C-section but I was one tired-a$$ mama!

I hear ya. I was in labor for so long that I was practically begging them to just do a c-section. I had been induced and my little man just wanted to stay in there, things just weren't progressing. The OB had told me there was a 50/50 chance I'd need a c-section due to a narrow birth canal. I should've just done it from the start and saved myself from the "joys of labor". :cds:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I hear ya. I was in labor for so long that I was practically begging them to just do a c-section. I had been induced and my little man just wanted to stay in there, things just weren't progressing. The OB had told me there was a 50/50 chance I'd need a c-section due to a narrow birth canal. I should've just done it from the start and saved myself from the "joys of labor". :cds:

They never uttered the words "C-section" but I knew I must have been awfully close since my contractions were strong but I just 'failed to progress'. I had an epidural fairly early on but between the bad back labor (which I felt) and stiffness from being bed-ridden for nearly 20 hours I was done when he finally decided to show himself!

deemerma

Baby Girl--Right on time & shot out like a cannon 7lbs. 12.9 oz.
Baby Boy--2hrs. late & STUBBORN! 8lbs. 1.1 oz. He & his huge head were definitely "delivered" by the doctor!

dachsom

Back in the olden days the only induction available was something called "stripping the membranes". I was one day short of being a 10 monther when I finally went into labor. Took 23 hours for them to decide he was too big for me to deliver. Had C-section for a 9lb 5oz, 23 1/2". Was worth it though.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Have they told you how much they think your little munchkin is weighing so far?

Just keep in mind that they can be off... by a lot!! They told me my first one was going to be 8 lbs... well he was more like 9 lbs 10 oz :faint:

when do they start doing that? or checking for dilation? I am 38 weeks and all they do is measure my tummy and send me on my way..I wanna know if anything productive is happening :mad: or if she's the huge monster I fear she is.

lovinmaryland

when do they start doing that? or checking for dilation? I am 38 weeks and all they do is measure my tummy and send me on my way..I wanna know if anything productive is happening :mad: or if she's the huge monster I fear she is.

It depends if it is your first one they dont normally start that until 39 weeks. You can always ask them to check you. Say that you are feeling some pressure in that area. Just ask if they have an idea of the babies size.

Having big babies runs in my family so I always wanted an idea of how big they were getting.

Yeah, all they do is measure my tummy with a tape measure and tell me I am a week ahead. :ohwell:

I wanna know how big this baby is!! :tantrum

pelers

I was induced 2.5 weeks early (was due 1/15/11, went in to be induced 12/28 and he popped out a few minutes after midnight 12/30) because of pre-e.

Yeah, you can ask them to check you... it's not a pleasant experience. Some won't because they claim it's a risk that bacteria will get up there (yet having :gossip: is totally fine... go figure). Plus it really doesn't tell you anything, some people are dilated a bit for weeks before hand, some go from nothing to all the way in a few hours.

Plus those checks won't tell you a single thing about baby size ;) That's what the tape measure is for! Or you might get to have a last ultrasound, which will be hugely off. To get size on ultrasounds they measure certain bones, but that doesn't account for baby chub (or lack thereof) so it can be pretty wildly off.

I was induced 2.5 weeks early (was due 1/15/11, went in to be induced 12/28 and he popped out a few minutes after midnight 12/30) because of pre-e.

Yeah, you can ask them to check you... it's not a pleasant experience. Some won't because they claim it's a risk that bacteria will get up there (yet having :gossip: is totally fine... go figure). Plus it really doesn't tell you anything, some people are dilated a bit for weeks before hand, some go from nothing to all the way in a few hours.
Plus those checks won't tell you a single thing about baby size ;) That's what the tape measure is for! Or you might get to have a last ultrasound, which will be hugely off. To get size on ultrasounds they measure certain bones, but that doesn't account for baby chub (or lack thereof) so it can be pretty wildly off.

Funny you say this. They checked me on Friday... I was dilated 1cm and was all :yahoo: ... I stopped by my mothers to share the news. Her response was "I walked around 3cm dilated for 2 months." :coffee:

I was all :cds:

cgwife

Baby Girl #1 - 2 months early - 3lbs 12 ozs. (14 days in NICU)
Baby Girl #2 - 2 1/2 months early - 3lbs 6ozs. (18 days in NICU)
Baby Boy #3 - 3 months early - 3lbs 2ozs. (45 days in NICU)

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Did you deliver your children before or after your due date?

<---nosey

If so, how early or how late?

TIA :biggrin:

#1 - 3 weeks early, natural
#2 - 2 weeks early, natural
#3 - 1 week early, natural
#4 - just had to be different -- bedrest for 2 months & then emergency c-section, 2 weeks early (little one kept trying to come out too early!)

I will be walking non-stop and :gossip: as I have heard it helps as well...

of course that is what got me into this situation. :blushing:

And yes, both of those help! :biggrin:

Hang in there -- it is SO worth it in the end!

pelers

"I walked around 3cm dilated for 2 months." :coffee:

That has to be uncomfortable. I know that last week or so walking around it felt like the baby wanted to fall out because he was sitting so low. I think if I'd been at all dilated I probably would have stayed in a rolly chair with my legs crossed!

That has to be uncomfortable. I know that last week or so walking around it felt like the baby wanted to fall out because he was sitting so low. I think if I'd been at all dilated I probably would have stayed in a rolly chair with my legs crossed!

:killingme I have been having a lot of pressure... :ohwell: I am just miserable at this point...

Why does it feel like I have been riding a horse? My groin muscles are killing me!!!

MY LEGS ARE FALLING OFF :jameo:

watercolor

yeah yeah
My girl was late. She came at 41 weeks. I was induced and she still after 40 hrs of labor wouldnt come so I had to have a csection. Fun times. Stubborn still.