Due date...

sunflower

Loving My Life...
They should be asking you if you want to be checked.. I always told them no, lets not set anything off by checking me :lol:

when do they start doing that? or checking for dilation? I am 38 weeks and all they do is measure my tummy and send me on my way..I wanna know if anything productive is happening :mad: or if she's the huge monster I fear she is.

Last edited:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Funny you say this. They checked me on Friday... I was dilated 1cm and was all :yahoo: ... I stopped by my mothers to share the news. Her response was "I walked around 3cm dilated for 2 months." :coffee:

I was all :cds:

Did you have to ask? my 39 week appt...measure the belly..then on my way again../.its like they think I am 20 weeks instead of starting on 40 :mad:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
You can ask IF you really want to be checked. Just remember it can cause things to happen if he/she does...I was always asked from 38 weeks on and said no thanks :lol:

Did you have to ask? my 39 week appt...measure the belly..then on my way again../.its like they think I am 20 weeks instead of starting on 40 :mad:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
You can ask IF you really want to be checked. Just remember it can cause things to happen if he/she does...I was always asked from 38 weeks on and said no thanks :lol:

Well that's the thing..I dont *really* want ot be checked, its not like I am going to be a total weirdo and beg for an internal exam..but frankly this is my first, I am only a week away from my due date, I am anxious and a little scared..and I am the kind of person that needs information to make myself feel better..I already feel like some sort of ticking time bomb..if i hadnt mentioned my concern witht the baby's position they wouldnt have even checked, they havent estimated her size, nothing. I feel like I could go into labor any moment with a 14 lb breech baby and they probably would let me labor for 12 hours before any of them figured it out :/

lovinmaryland

Well that's the thing..I dont *really* want ot be checked, its not like I am going to be a total weirdo and beg for an internal exam..but frankly this is my first, I am only a week away from my due date, I am anxious and a little scared..and I am the kind of person that needs information to make myself feel better..I already feel like some sort of ticking time bomb..if i hadnt mentioned my concern witht the baby's position they wouldnt have even checked, they havent estimated her size, nothing. I feel like I could go into labor any moment with a 14 lb breech baby and they probably would let me labor for 12 hours before any of them figured it out :/

If they thought that at all they would send you for a sonogram. Big babies runs in my family and I have had 3 larger babies (8 lbs 9 oz to almost 10lbs) Each time they measured me and thought the baby was getting to big they had me go in the sono room to do a quick check.

You have no idea what pain is until they give you that internal when you are this far along...or especially in labor. it hurts soooooooo bad! Just warning you now. It will hurt even more if your baby is up high. My last one was up very high and OMG I literally was crying it hurt so bad when she would checked me while in labor. that is until I got that epidural :really:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
You have no idea what pain is until they give you that internal when you are this far along...or especially in labor. it hurts soooooooo bad!
And nobody tells you! My mom was standing right there and did she warn me? Of course not. :lmao: The nurse says "I'm going to check you" and I'm all "Okay!" like it's no big thing. I thought I was going to climb the wall. :roflmao:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
My girl was late. She came at 41 weeks. I was induced and she still after 40 hrs of labor wouldnt come so I had to have a csection. Fun times. Stubborn still.

I'm a man so I could very well be wrong on this but has anyone ever been in labor anywhere near 40 hrs before? You would think after 24hrs the Dr would be in fear of his own life and intervene.

lovinmaryland

And nobody tells you! My mom was standing right there and did she warn me? Of course not. :lmao: The nurse says "I'm going to check you" and I'm all "Okay!" like it's no big thing. I thought I was going to climb the wall. :roflmao:
I know. Isnt it horrible!! Hubby's arm was full of nail marks after this last one :lol:
I'm a man so I could very well be wrong on this but has anyone ever been in labor anywhere near 40 hrs before? You would think after 24hrs the Dr would be in fear of his own life and intervene.
One would think. My first one they actually started inducing me on a Friday around 5:00pm... I finally had my son Sunday morning at 7:16 am :bawl:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I know. Isnt it horrible!! Hubby's arm was full of nail marks after this last one :lol:

One would think. My first one they actually started inducing me on a Friday around 5:00pm... I finally had my son Sunday morning at 7:16 am :bawl:

:notworthy: :poorbaby: I can only imagine, our first was like that but it lasted about 24hrs, can't imagine 40 hrs of labor. hope she got paid time and a half :buddies:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
If they thought that at all they would send you for a sonogram. Big babies runs in my family and I have had 3 larger babies (8 lbs 9 oz to almost 10lbs) Each time they measured me and thought the baby was getting to big they had me go in the sono room to do a quick check.

You have no idea what pain is until they give you that internal when you are this far along...or especially in labor. it hurts soooooooo bad! Just warning you now. It will hurt even more if your baby is up high. My last one was up very high and OMG I literally was crying it hurt so bad when she would checked me while in labor. that is until I got that epidural :really:

Which is the reason I won't ask..lol. After getting a biopsy..I get panicy thinking about them checking me..but it would be kinda nice to know..if they, you know..insisted. :killingme

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

What in the world are you talking about? Maybe this was said already, but how are you "checked?"

lovinmaryland

What in the world are you talking about? Maybe this was said already, but how are you "checked?"
hmmmm how to say this so I am not booted from this site :lol:

the dr inserts their fingers into your woo hoo. you know how they check if you are dialated. 1 finger tip is 1 centimeter, 1 finger is 2 centimeters... their whole fist and you are at 10. If you arent on meds when they do this it hurts like a #####!!! If you are in actual labor when they do this on no meds you are literally grabbing onto the bed railings for dear life tears pouring from your face. It HURTS!!!!
I am no expert but it sounds like 2/3rds of the shocker.

:yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
the dr inserts their fingers into your woo hoo. you know how they check if you are dialated. 1 finger tip is 1 centimeter, 1 finger is 2 centimeters... their whole fist and you are at 10. If you arent on meds when they do this it hurts like a #####!!! If you are in actual labor when they do this on no meds you are literally grabbing onto the bed railings for dear life tears pouring from your face. It HURTS!!!!

:yay:

Oooh, that! I don't remember any particular discomfort, and I would get checked the last month or so of my pregnancy, and also while in labor. The cervix is pretty easy to reach in general. :shrug:

lovinmaryland

Oooh, that! I don't remember any particular discomfort, and I would get checked the last month or so of my pregnancy, and also while in labor. The cervix is pretty easy to reach in general. :shrug:
Now I really want to hurt you :burning:

:lol:

It depends on high your babies are too. If you have experienced what they call "lightening" then being checked isnt all to difficult. Myself personally my kids didnt come down until my water was broken. So it was like she was elbows deep.

God what a horrible vision :lmao:

Hazel

Yeah, I don't remember pain, but they did check everytime I went in towards the end. #1 came quickly, though, so maybe that's why they kept checking with #2 and #3.

Girl #1 was induced on her due date, came in 1.5 hours.
Girl #2 came 10 days early, in 45 minutes
Boy #3 came 2 weeks early, took about 14 hours.

It's actually funny, pretty indicative of their personalities, too.

watercolor

yeah yeah

I was hooked up to pit on Friday Morning at 6am and she was finally born at 9pm on Saturday night. At around 8:20 the Dr asked if I was done torturing myself- and she was delivered via csection at 9:04.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Now I really want to hurt you :burning:

:lol:

It depends on high your babies are too. If you have experienced what they call "lightening" then being checked isnt all to difficult. Myself personally my kids didnt come down until my water was broken. So it was like she was elbows deep.

God what a horrible vision :lmao:

I saw the doc go elbow deep to pull one of my twin grandkids out. It IS a horrible vision :lmao: