$Gas$

mdguy76

Gas

The main reason behind the gas prices going down is the pipeline in Alaska is not shut down 100%. Like a lot of the media was claiming at first. Also, the mid-east cease fire has played a role and we are nearing Labor-Day and gas demend starts dropping after that. Plus, we have been free of Hurricanes in the gulf so far this year. Because of all this the price on the NYMEX futures market has dropped about 30 cents in the last week or so. However, one little hick-up and the prices will go up. Also, some gas stations are still 20-30 cents higher because they don't pump the volume of gas as Wawa & Sheetz and haven't received their new load. If you get gas every day you look good now but if prices go up you look bad then your little gas station looks good because his price stays the same for awhile.

Last edited:
mdguy76 said:
The main reason behind the gas prices going down is the pipeline in Alaska is not shut down 100%. Like a lot of the media was claiming at first. Also, the mid-east cease fire has played a role and we are nearing Labor-Day and gas demend starts dropping after that. Plus, we have been free of Hurricanes in the gulf so far this year. Because of all this the price on the NYMEX futures market has dropped about 30 cents in the last week or so. However, one little hick-up and the prices will go up. Also, some gas stations are still 20-30 cents higher because they don't pump the volume of gas as Wawa & Sheetz and haven't received their new load. If you get gas every day you look good now but if prices go up you look bad then your little gas station looks good because his price stays the same for awhile.
I'd believe that if I knew the prices were going down around the country. Are they? That's what I'm trying to find out. Prices started to fall before the cease fire and before the word got out that some oil would still be pumped from the North Slope by BP.

D

dems4me

kwillia said:
Do dems, does the drag from not having a drivers side door reduce your MPG...:confused:

Do it ever!!
I do want to not drive as much.

R

residentofcre

LexiGirl75 said:
Es Posible!

It started (for me) with the Charlotte Hall and Mechanicsville WaWa's. I couldn't understand why they were so much more cheaper than the ones in Lex Pk and Cali. At the time (last weekend of July) it was $2.86 in Mechanicsville and $2.87 in Charlotte Hall while in California, MD and further south it was $2.93.

No sooner than I had taken notice the prices began dropping. This will be the second weekend for the drops. From $2.93 on Aug 10th to $2.62 Aug 18th. It could very well be a war and I am playing into it very well.

I almost hit the median crossing from far right lane on 235 to far left lane to cut over to the WaWa only to realize I had just filled up on GM Road for $2.87 and 235 WaWa was $2.83. Seeing that price I only remembered that I needed gas not that I had gotten some about 10mins ago. :dork:

We pulled into Sheetz on Sunday and gassed up the truck, pulled out of the station and the price dropped 3 cents.... I wanted to go back and get my change.... :lmao:

basher

LEET
residentofcre said:
We pulled into Sheetz on Sunday and gassed up the truck, pulled out of the station and the price dropped 3 cents.... I wanted to go back and get my change.... :lmao:

:doh: :cussing: :lmao:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
residentofcre said:

:high5: I so feel you on that because I have been feeling that way daily. :killingme

R

residentofcre

LexiGirl75 said:
:high5: I so feel you on that because I have been feeling that way daily. :killingme

I remember when gas was $.19 a gallon ... and I saw it once for $.12 during a local gas war!

D

dems4me

residentofcre said:
I remember when gas was $.19 a gallon ... and I saw it once for $.12 during a local gas war!

Really??? Wow! The earliest I remember was about 85 cents :lol:

mdguy76

Gas

Here is a story from TX there gas is down an average of 10 cents this week. One thing to remember counties like Charles and Calvert use re-forumulated gas and St Marys uses conventional so that is one big reason for the price differences.

From the AP

Gas prices eased across Texas this week as the end of the summer driving season approaches, according to the weekly AAA Texas gasoline price survey released today.

The survey of retail gasoline prices statewide showed regular, self-serve gas averaged $2.87 per gallon, down 10 cents from last week. The national price average was $2.98 per gallon, down 6 cents from last week.

"A major factor for the easing of gas prices is that U.S. oil inventories are currently at healthy levels, despite the lofty price of crude this year," said auto club spokeswoman Rose Rougeau. "The end of the summer driving season is getting closer and that is usually when demand for gasoline drops."

Corpus Christi had the least expensive fuel in the survey, averaging $2.75 per gallon, 10 cents less than last week. El Paso had the costliest gasoline in the survey, averaging $2.94 cents per gallon

C

czygvtwkr

rack'm said:
I paid $2.66 last night.......that's still $1.66 more than it should be. :ohwell:

I never quite understood why people think it should cost a dollar a gallon, cause you want it to?

The same people that complain about the price rapidly increasing over the last couple years will brag about their home values going up sharply in the last couple years......