How stupid!!!

craberta

My hubby was smaller and rode faster, by himself. Its a wonder he survived, they didn't even have helmets back then.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
:yeahthat:I totally agree with this. Cowgirl...Do you make your kids wear a helmet when they ride in the car?? Its just as dangerous whether your a good driver or not, with all the the other people out there that are horrible at it.

I have driven a car with my helmet on...:confused:what's wrong with that? I have had a helmet save my life too many times not to wear one. I could have killed myself many times as a child not wearing one. My kids would choose not to wear a seat belt in the car or a helmet on their head when they ride if I didn't make them. It is my job as a parent to protect my children and my students.:popcorn:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I was being sarcastic. I'd rather be dead than a drooling vegetable or quadraplegic.

I'm arguing that whether someone else's kid wears a helmet is not up to you. I don't think kids should walk around barefoot in cow manure. Sounds like you did that? Think of all the diseases you could get from that. Or the broken bones from a 1600 pd cow/steer stepping on you. {People make their own choices and unless it PERSONALLY effects you I think your reaction is way overboard. This is a discussion forum. People are discussing, but you're taking it personally.

Hey!!! We used to run around all the time barefoot. We used to even play king of the poop pile....Ahhh what memories!:diva: DOn't knock it until you try it!:lmao:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I remember climbing in the Poo Pile, but with high boots and cover-alls. Barefoot in the summer. :eyebrow: :faint:

I remember getting on the ponies while they were laying in the field and we would see who could stay on the longest when they got up and tried to dump us. :doh: Sometimes with a hat and sometimes without. :jameo:

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
Personally i wear a helmet WITH OUT being told by my mom. I probably still will wear one when i get older. i DEFINTLEY WILL if i decide to breed Amira. For MY pleasure not anyone else's.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I would say, ask someone who has taken a bad fall from a horse..

Mr. Reeves? Oh wait, we can't ask him.

Ohwell:

How about Remax? She was lucky.:yay:

Kids should wear helmets on horses and ATV's. Parents are grown enough to be stupid if they want to.:yay:
:howdy:
I've had some NASTY falls, since i ride primarily young or untrained horses (by choice :crazy: ).

I have also returned TWO to the manufacturer after falls, due to being compromised by those falls, and I'm talking 100.00+ helmets. I don't wear cheap helmets, and that has served me well.
I feel nekkid without mine - and HATE to borrow someone elses, since peep's spare ones are always the yukky uncomfortable ones. I know i look like a goon cause i have a peanut head, but hey, I'd rather keep the brains inside my skull any day. And my actions speak louder than words for my little one and my grandies.Maybe when i start riding an old standby who i know won't act silly at any point, i'll go nekkid.... :shocking:

tallyhoe

It is a choice. Some parents aren't that bright and don't think of the consequenses, but do we really need more laws telling us what to do?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

I was wondering how long it'd take for you or Vrai to comment. :howdy:

I'm not a bubble person at all. If I was, I wouldn't have done half of the things I've done. I just prefer to be safe. :smile:

...but isn't it pretty clear that that kid is exceptional in size, strength, balance and all? I mean, do we immediately assume malignant or negligent parents because the kid isn't wearing body armor?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was wondering how long it'd take for you or Vrai to comment.

My comment would be that as long as anyone supports or remains silent on the lawful killing of unborn infants, they have no business criticizing how parents raise their children or what they allow them to do.

T

toppick08

My comment would be that as long as anyone supports or remains silent on the lawful killing of unborn infants, they have no business criticizing how parents raise their children or what they allow them to do.

:yay:

Spicober

...but isn't it pretty clear that that kid is exceptional in size, strength, balance and all? I mean, do we immediately assume malignant or negligent parents because the kid isn't wearing body armor?

Body armor? We are asking for a simple helmet for a child that is under 18 years old that doesnt have the experience or knowledge to make that decision for themselves. Which is usually why there are rules at shows that kids under 18 are REQUIRED to wear one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We are asking for a simple helmet for a child that is under 18 years old that doesnt have the experience or knowledge to make that decision for themselves.

But don't you think that it should be the parents' job to make their child wear a helmet, if they think one is required?

Cowgirl

Unlawful? I hadn't heard they outlawed abortion.

And doesn't this scenario remind you of the 2 year old child that was placed on the 4-wheeler?