Landlords

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
What about crappy LANDLORDS who rent homes that are not liveable? What can renters do, if house is infested with mold and you tell the landlord and after 2 months they do nothing. What about LANDLORDS that are slumlords, what do you do about them?

YOU brought this up, and I responded. If you weren't a landlord with crappy tenants, the thread didn't pertain to you.
You should have started your own thread for renters with crappy landlords, But no, you just picked a bone with me because YOU had a crappy situation. I wasn't your damn landlord, so why the he!! are you even posting crap to me!

wineo

loving life
That "to" is grammatically incorrect in that sentence, where did you say you were educated?
Idiot tenants who don't report problems don't get them fixed. Anything my my tenants told me about was taken care of and they still didn't pay there damn rent. Sorry but I've got no sympathy for deadbeat tenants. If you were paying your rent on time and reported the problem- there was NO WAY that the landlord could have legally not fixed the problem.

Landlords were told of the problem, but felt not to make the repairs, didn't want to spend money, just wanted it to keep coming in. Now they will get it fixed or not be able to rent it out. Not my problem and as far as the rent being paid, I will be getting all of it back, as we are taking them to court for damages caused by "their" problem.

It's scumbag LANDLORDS like you who think they are above the laws. Read the Livability Code for the county and get yourself educated on the laws, before you talk about things you do know.

wineo

loving life
YOU brought this up, and I responded. If you weren't a landlord with crappy tenants, the thread didn't pertain to you.
You should have started your own thread for renters with crappy landlords, But no, you just picked a bone with me because YOU had a crappy situation. I wasn't your damn landlord, so why the he!! are you even posting crap to me!

It is called hijacking the thread and you keep responding with your KNOWLEDGE.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Landlords were told of the problem, but felt not to make the repairs, didn't want to spend money, just wanted it to keep coming in. Now they will get it fixed or not be able to rent it out. Not my problem and as far as the rent being paid, I will be getting all of it back, as we are taking them to court for damages caused by "their" problem.

It's scumbag LANDLORDS like you who think they are above the laws. Read the Livability Code for the county and get yourself educated on the laws, before you talk about things you do know.
If I'm "above" the law why did I get a judgment for $5500? And why are my former tenants getting evicted AGAIN, from another house?
And why was the Sherriff's Deputy NOT surprised to be evicting them for the 4th time in less than a year?
It's scumbag tenants like you that are screwing up the economy and causing foreclosers because landlords can't afford to make payments on houses that deadbeats are living in...
So thanks for the recession, fuc#nut. :nomoney:

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
If I'm "above" the law why did I get a judgment for $5500? And why are my former tenants getting evicted AGAIN, from another house?
And why was the Sherriff's Deputy NOT surprised to be evicting them for the 4th time in less than a year?
It's scumbag tenants like you that are screwing up the economy and causing foreclosers because landlords can't afford to make payments on houses that deadbeats are living in...
So thanks for the recession, fuc#nut. :nomoney:

Did you check their credit or ask for references from previous landlords before you rented?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
That "to" is grammatically incorrect in that sentence, where did you say you were educated?
Idiot tenants who don't report problems don't get them fixed. Anything my my tenants told me about was taken care of and they still didn't pay there damn rent. Sorry but I've got no sympathy for deadbeat tenants. If you were paying your rent on time and reported the problem- there was NO WAY that the landlord could have legally not fixed the problem.

It's "their." yvw

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Did you check their credit or ask for references from previous landlords before you rented?

Yes and "she" had no credit, and they said they made some "bad business" decisions and that's why his credit was bad...
She was only 25- with a 5-yr-old and I didn't think she'd want to be kicked out with a daughter...
I admitted that I didn't do a thorough enough background check, but even a background check wouldn't have prevented them from trashing my house.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Yes and "she" had no credit, and they said they made some "bad business" decisions and that's why his credit was bad...
She was only 25- with a 5-yr-old and I didn't think she'd want to be kicked out with a daughter...
I admitted that I didn't do a thorough enough background check, but even a background check wouldn't have prevented them from trashing my house.

Every place I have ever rented required all adults to be on the lease. No credit by the age of 25? No old landlords for references? Big red flags!

Nothing can protect you 100% from having bad tennants, but that is part of the risk of being a landlord. It just sounds like there was enough information readily available if you had known where to look. Consider the money lost as "tuition."

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
It's fun to psot something wrong here and their to see who doesn't really have anything useful to add, but is in the thread anyway....
Obviously because they don't have anything better too do.

I asked for input in the beginning of the thread, regarding the landlords that have homes in our neighborhood that make it miserable for the HOMEOWNERS in the neighborhood, but :shrug: You were too busy jumping on someone and accusing them of being dirty.

Well, when you jumped on her because of poor grammar, it just seemed appropriate to point out that people in glass houses......

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Every place I have ever rented required all adults to be on the lease. No credit by the age of 25? No old landlords for references? Big red flags!

Nothing can protect you 100% from having bad tennants, but that is part of the risk of being a landlord. It just sounds like there was enough information readily available if you had known where to look. Consider the money lost as "tuition."

How is no credit a red flag?
She told me she lived with her family before their current house and that they had a "scumbag" landlord. And if there was enough info, why haven't all 4 of their landlords in the past year seen it?
So all of us should just pay tuition over and over, while deadbeats live rent-free?
America is grand...they'd probably be able to get the government to pay them to live rent free if they were here illegally...:duh:
I was just trying to share what I paid "tuition" for- to save someone else some money- and no I didn't know where to look, that's why I posted this, so other people DO!

I was in the military and overseas and didn't have credit until I was almost 30. You don't need credit (good or bad) to get a VA loan.