Leonardtown HS lockdown

onebdzee

off the shelf
Pandora said:
Don't most high school children carry cell phones these days? Does anyone have a student there they could call?

doing that now with one of mine....the only thing they know so far is that a kid in the school told a teacher that he saw someone across the street at Fastop with a gun....this was at 8....they have been on lockdown ever since

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
onebdzee said:
doing that now with one of mine....the only thing they know so far is that a kid in the school told a teacher that he saw someone across the street at Fastop with a gun....this was at 8....they have been on lockdown ever since
So some individual was just walking down the street...flashing a gun...nonchalantly...:eyebrow:

I'm on the phone with my SIL... her daughters are in the high school and have just called her... there is a guy with a gun IN the high school.

DoMe

kwillia said:
I'm on the phone with my SIL... her daughters are in the high school and have just called her... there is a guy with a gun IN the high school.
Holy cow!

sunflower

Loving My Life...
kwillia said:

OMG Are they sure. :huggy:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
onebdzee said:
It was probably a plain clothes cop on his way to work. Geez.

Toxick

Splat
kwillia said:

Is it a student, or just 'some guy'?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
You sure this isn't just a rumor? :eyebrow:

Chasey_Lane said:
You sure this isn't just a rumor? :eyebrow:
It very well could be "just rumor". It came from a high school girl on lockdown and her info is only as good as the info flying the hallways.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
It very well could be "just rumor". It came from a high school girl on lockdown and her info is only as good as the info flying the hallways.
Exactly! My coworker has been texting with his daughter for a while. She didn't give any information other than "lockdown." :shrug:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Friend's son missed the bus and was turned away when she went to drop him off. They took his name and looked through the car. She said there were kids sitting on the lawn outside of the Tech Center. I guess they drove themselves there and couldn't get in. He says cell phone reception in the place is pretty poor, so he didn't think too many kids were able to communicate. Here's hoping the guy inside the HS is a police officer.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
bresamil said:
Here's hoping the guy inside the HS is a police officer.

Wouldnt they know this by now? This is serious and if he's an officer I would think they would know by now?

Last edited: