"Mary Worship?"

baydoll

Her role in salvation history is greater than all forefathers, prophets and apostle combined, so whatever Scripture implies or tells us was granted to any other person, we believe was granted to the Blessed Virgin Mary many times over.

Oh really?

Where does Scripture say Mary is greater than all the forefathers, prophets and apostles combined?

This is blatant Goddess Worship, libby.

baydoll

Eve was created without original sin, Mary was more privileged than Eve. Enoch and Elijah were assumed, Mary was more priviliged than they. The Ark of the Covenant was a pure vessel, Mary was purer than that was dictated to be.

Libby's Catholic belief: Mary= God.

Thus proving Starman's original point.

Pure Goddess Worship.

baydoll

The only reason I brought the ‘Mary saving them’ is to point out that these apparitions serve no purpose in our salvation. But I’ll repeat my point that since no one really knows what Mary looked like, I don’t know how anyone can say they saw her and that such a vision could be ‘approved’.

Excellent point. :yay:

And furthermore, how do they know this isn't some *spirit* claiming to be Mary?

2 Corinthians 11:14 and Galatians 1:6-10 and all that. :whistle:

libby

The OT says to honor OUR mothers and fathers, libby. Nowhere does it say to pray to, give our hearts, our souls, our minds, our body our everything to Jesus' mommy like your Church says.

Jesus wants us to devote ourselves to HIM not her.

Since you choose to take on such a disrespectful tone, I'm not going to bother responding to your posts.

Starman3000m

Avatar and location say it all.........

Let's see here...

and the location reads:
"in the dwelling place of the Most High"

Hmmm.. What's wrong with proclaiming one's heart-felt feeling for Jesus and knowing where one's eternal destiny will be and is assured through personal faith in Him alone?

So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. (Romans 1:15-17)

Last edited:

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Let's see hear...

and the location reads:
"in the dwelling place of the Most High"

Hmmm.. What's wrong with proclaiming one's heart-felt feeling for Jesus and knowing where one's eternal destiny will be and is assured through personal faith in Him alone?

Nothing on the surface. Those that profess the loudest......are generally using it as a billboard for look at me, I'm a Christian and I want you to know it. Jesus fish on cars.....Bibles on the back ledge of cars.......all about the show alot of the times.

Zguy28

Nothing on the surface. Those that profess the loudest......are generally using it as a billboard for look at me, I'm a Christian and I want you to know it. Jesus fish on cars.....Bibles on the back ledge of cars.......all about the show alot of the times.
And other times it's gratitude for salvation.

However your point is taken as well. I hate bumper stickers. Seems a cheap way to share your faith.

Zguy28

Since you choose to take on such a disrespectful tone, I'm not going to bother responding to your posts.
I didn't see it as disrespectful. If anything this post makes you seem immature. Sorry if that sounds disrespectful as well. It's not intended to be.:huggy:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Her role in salvation history is greater than all forefathers, prophets and apostle combined, so whatever Scripture implies or tells us was granted to any other person, we believe was granted to the Blessed Virgin Mary many times over.
Gotta disagree with you my sweet lady friend. I doubt that Jesus would have said this if Mary was greater. (Matthew 11):
11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.
14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. 15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.
Oh really?
Where does Scripture say Mary is greater than all the forefathers, prophets and apostles combined? This is blatant Goddess Worship, libby.
It doesn't...
Those that profess the loudest......are generally using it as a billboard for look at me, I'm a Christian and I want you to know it. Jesus fish on cars.....Bibles on the back ledge of cars.......all about the show alot of the times.
Tell us all about it: "BEAD MUMBLER". :killingme

Hey, you folks continue on; you're doing a great job. Don't let me interrupt...:howdy:

libby

I didn't see it as disrespectful. If anything this post makes you seem immature. Sorry if that sounds disrespectful as well. It's not intended to be.:huggy:

Referring to Mary as "mommy" was meant to be snarky. There are no two ways about it. The discussion has been going well with many who are working to be respectful while disagreeing. I will not be baited by someone who clearly has an axe to grind.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I must have missed the part where jesus said "now go forth and be openly disrepectful because i have given you alone the ability to understand god"
You also missed the part where He said NOT to be such a "sour grapes" kind of person on this forum. Time to grow up a bit son and have some fun here. I know you won't do this but please try.

And, btw, show me where I've been disrespectful and show me where Jesus gave me "ALONE the ability to understand God". As I've said before, I know a lot about God but I am not the only one on here who does.
I have you to thank for the bead mumbler label. You actually used this term(first I'd ever heard of it--but it is damn funny!) a long time ago in a post.
I did? Cool! In that case it's very becoming on here. :rolleyes: :killingme

thatguy

You also missed the part where He said NOT to be such a "sour grapes" kind of person on this forum. Time to grow up a bit son and have some fun here. I know you won't do this but please try.

And, btw, show me where I've been disrespectful and show me where Jesus gave me "ALONE the ability to understand God". As I've said before, I know a lot about God but I am not the only one on here who does.

I did? Cool! In that case it's very becoming on here. :rolleyes: :killingme

well then i guess calling you a zombie worshiper wouldn't be disrespectful either

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
We believe that Mary was bodily raised and then assumed into Heaven. Scripture tells us that it was done with Enoch and Elijah. A Catholic would say that Jesus would offer that same glorious assumption to His mother, who was chosen and blessed among all people of the world, to bring Him into the world.
Does anyone (Bible Christian) contemplate the magnificence of her calling? Does anyone here read what the OT says about how we are to treat mother/father/parent and think that Jesus would do less than that?
Eve was created without original sin, Mary was more privileged than Eve. Enoch and Elijah were assumed, Mary was more priviliged than they. The Ark of the Covenant was a pure vessel, Mary was purer than that was dictated to be.
Marian beliefs really follow very logically, in my not-so-humble-opinion, from her maternity.
One would think that if that happened, it would have been something the Apostles would have proclaimed and would be noted in the Bible as was Enoch and Elijah. As I understand it, the assumption of Mary was not even declared an official Catholic belief until it was by Pope Pius XII on November 1, 1950. Isn't that correct?

baydoll

How convenient and mature of you. :rolleyes:

Displaying Catholic Apologetic Technique Number One: Tossing out labels to your opponent whenever Catholic traditions and agenda are questioned will usually brings any real dialogue to a close. You will not only demonized your opponent, but will also claimed victim status for yourself.

(edited: bad spelling and changed my mind. :whistle:
)

Last edited: