More 'Stand your ground' in Florida.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Wow. There was no reason for the shooting. The man that is dead was unarmed; unless the candy bar he just purchased for his son looked like a gun.

Also, the shooter was ranting at the wife. It wasn’t like he was having a casual convo with her about the weather.

Did you missed the part where Drejka won't be charged because of their 'stand your ground' law? In other words, it was a lawful shooting. Now, I put myself in Drejka's place, getting violently shoved to the ground, not knowing what else McGlockton might do, I'd be inclined to shoot too. McGlockton is in a superior position on his feet, while Drejka is in an inferior position, on the ground. McGlockton initiated the violence.

If you people don't like the outcome, don't pass stand your ground laws. Let people that will act out on you with violence pummel you while you are defenseless.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It is my opinion that the law was misapplied in this situation.

Seems the legal system in FL sees it differently. It's still the law in FL. My answer to Trans was in response to her stupid comment that the right has no respect for the rule of law; while she just demonstrated her complete disregard for the rule of law. She's a damn hypocrite.

Last edited:

officeguy

Did you missed the part where Drejka won't be charged because of their 'stand your ground' law? In other words, it was a lawful shooting. Now, I put myself in Drejka's place, getting violently shoved to the ground, not knowing what else McGlockton might do, I'd be inclined to shoot too. McGlockton is in a superior position on his feet, while Drejka is in an inferior position, on the ground. McGlockton initiated the violence.

McGlockton had disengaged from the fight at the time he got shot.

The sheriff deciding not to forward charges is a purely political move. He looked at how many votes he gets from frightened white folks and how many from minorities and he made his decision.
At a minimum this should have gone to a preliminary hearing where the handicap spot Nazi could have made his case to a judge. With the publicity attached, it is still possible that the DA or a special prosecutor take this to a grand jury.

PsyOps

Pixelated

The sheriff deciding not to forward charges is a purely political move. He looked at how many votes he gets from frightened white folks and how many from minorities and he made his decision.
At a minimum this should have gone to a preliminary hearing where the handicap spot Nazi could have made his case to a judge. With the publicity attached, it is still possible that the DA or a special prosecutor take this to a grand jury.

Well, I'm glad we have so many people adept at FL law to know better this should have been handled by FL authorities.

If you watch the video again... note that after McGlockton pushed Drejka over, he reaches for his hip. It appears he might have been pulling his shorts up, but Drejka being on the ground could have viewed that as reaching for a weapon. Things happened very fast. Let's ask this, if it had been a cop that was knocked over, would he have been justified in shooting?

black dog

Free America
Those were not strawmen, but honest questions. Where is that line between perceived and real threats? "I know he turned away, but I thought he was going to get a weapon, so I plugged him".

With stand your ground states it doesn't make a difference. Let's look at this assault and shooting with the shooter in mind, he was just blindsided and violently pushed down in the parking lot. He sits for a second or so gathering what has just happened and standing in front of him is his agressor. He believes that the agressor is still a threat, ( One of the reasons you carry a firearm ) and he shoots his agressor.
Now then threat is over, because blindside agressor man is running away leaking fluids. He stood his ground.

black dog

Free America

If you people don't like the outcome, don't pass stand your ground laws. Let people that will act out on you with violence pummel you while you are defenseless.

Its pretty simple to most, but not all. I couldn't count the classes I have attended in the last decades on when, where and how you can draw a firearm much less to discharge it while shooting someone. Carrying a firearm comes with the responsibility to know the laws in the city, county and State where you are carrying.

Some folks honestly believe you can shoot someone in the leg and squash the threat.
Most folks that carry on a daily basis have the mindset, when I am pulling out my sidearm I am applying pressure to the trigger instantly turning my 226 into a scary black assault pistol.
When a citizen pulls out a firearm, playtime is over.

black dog

Free America

You need to read Florida's Stand your Ground Law. Because you are way wrong.
Even a perceived threat is covered under Florida's SYG law.

I see him disengage after he was shot and running away.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When you toss in 'felt threatened', it gives some lawyers a lot of wiggle room to create doubt.

And there's the problem. We have half a nation of psychos who "feel threatened" by a MAGA hat. Should they be able to shoot someone wearing one?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let's ask this, if it had been a cop that was knocked over, would he have been justified in shooting?

Cops are authorized to ticket people for parking in HDC spots. So if the cop was speaking to the woman about illegal parking, and the guy came out and shoved him down, yes, the cop should not only shoot him, but should shoot the woman and any children (read: FFAs) they may have created. Maybe get the guy's parents, too, and any brothers and sisters just to be on the safe side.

But it wasn't a cop. It was some busybody guy testing out his carry permit, which apparently he has done before. In my mind he absolutely provoked this confrontation. FL law people can, and will, do what they please. This is my opinion of their interpretation of "stand your ground".

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It was some busybody guy testing out his carry permit, which apparently he has done before. In my mind he absolutely provoked this confrontation. FL law people can, and will, do what they please. This is my opinion of their interpretation of "stand your ground".

So, a guy is talking to someone in a car about a handicap plate or placard requirement, and a person, who is never seen or known of prior, from inside a store not being privy to the conversation, after coming out of the store without asking what is going on to ascertain what is happening, immediately assaults this guy and shoves him to the ground. And the the guy on the ground provoked the confrontation? The assaulter is the one that provoked the confrontation. Testing out a carry permit? That's pretty ignorant. Do you test out your driver's license? You should be more scared, or alert, of bad guys. Unless of course you are the type to get into these types of confrontations yourself and are worried about being shot yourself. And seeing the kinds of comments you've posted over the years, I'm pretty sure you love getting in the face of others you disagree with. Just don't do it in Florida.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I may ...

So, a guy is talking to someone in a car about a handicap plate or placard requirement, and a person, who is never seen or known of prior, from inside a store not being privy to the conversation, after coming out of the store without asking what is going on to ascertain what is happening, immediately assaults this guy and shoves him to the ground. And the the guy on the ground provoked the confrontation? The assaulter is the one that provoked the confrontation. Testing out a carry permit? That's pretty ignorant. Do you test out your driver's license? You should be more scared, or alert, of bad guys. Unless of course you are the type to get into these types of confrontations yourself and are worried about being shot yourself. And seeing the kinds of comments you've posted over the years, I'm pretty sure you love getting in the face of others you disagree with. Just don't do it in Florida.

Let's try it again:

I'm betting I wouldn't go into some ghetto and start confronting the local talent about a parking space.

littlelady

God bless the USA

I get what you are saying. But, there is a video, and past history of the shooter. Who knows if those two had crossed paths, before? After all, it is a convenience store that many, probably, visit on a continual basis. All I know at this point, is that it is a very sad story. That little boy saw his dad get shot, and die.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It's hub and I college girl, wow 5 acres, you were land barons.

Why can’t you just have a discussion without being an areshole? My point was that we all lived so far apart that it didn’t matter about the target practice; it was well within the feet law. And, it was fun. The drawback was that our abused rescue dog, Cookie, would poop in the house, whenever she heard a loud noise. So, neighbors would, always, call to give the heads up on going to shoot. And, sometimes but not often, someone would call to complain. When the LEO’s, responded to the call, they loved trying out the guns. Now, stop. Thank you so much.