MVA closes Route 5 in Calaway area

SandieGarry

My son and his friend were coming out of the Chinese restaurant in Callaway and saw the first hit. They said he had to be doing 100mph. Hit a van then took off plowing cars off the road as he went.
It figures, the innocent people are the real victims here. Such bright live cut short. So senseless.

hokie94

From @stmaryscountymd twitter feed

NEWS 1A: RT the Accident at Chingville Road and Point Lookout Road. It is confirmed that the suspect involved in the Hit and Run Accident
NEWS 2A: has been caught. He was involved in 2 other accidents reported in to us by the Sheriff's Office at RT 5 and Indian Bridge Rd &
NEWS 3A: and at RT 5 and Piney Point Rd. The 3rd Accident where he stopped at due to injuries was RT 5 and Chingville Rd.
NEWS 4A: This suspect was flown out by MSP HELO Trooper 7 to PG Shock Trauma. He was driving at least 90+ MPH.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
How absolutely horrific and my heart goes out to those innocent lives lost.

FYI, I just tried to come home via Route 5 NB from Great Mills about 15 minutes ago and the road is still closed just past the Food Lion shopping center. The workers directing traffic said it will probably stay closed for several more hours.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I would not be able to be a rescue worker. I would have a complete meltdown if I arrived on a scene like this. Thank God we have people who can handle jobs like this.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
WOW! I go to St. Mary's River State Park all the time, could of been me involved, could of been anyone of us invloved. Very sad...thoughts and prayers to all all families involved.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I would not be able to be a rescue worker. I would have a complete meltdown if I arrived on a scene like this. Thank God we have people who can handle jobs like this.

I know when I got on scenes like these your adrenalyn is kicked in and you just do the job. Emergencies involving small kids and animals get to me the most after the emergency.