MVA closes Route 5 in Calaway area

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
How absolutely horrific and my heart goes out to those innocent lives lost.

FYI, I just tried to come home via Route 5 NB from Great Mills about 15 minutes ago and the road is still closed just past the Food Lion shopping center. The workers directing traffic said it will probably stay closed for several more hours.

Glad you are okay. :huggy:

kcmjweeks

That is really juvenille and heartless to say in such an open forum when all of the facts are not present. I feel for all the families involved and couldn't imagine what anyone of them is going through. Let us all remain unbias until the facts come out; the man in question has a long medical history of Diabetes. Doesn't change the outcome, but to hear and read assumptions of drugs and alcohol, slanders a person who does not use.

Thanks.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I hope the person that caused all of this heartless and needless damage dies, too.

Regardless of any lame excuses that might come out stating that he "has a condition", or "he's such a nice guy", or "he didn't mean to do it", he is still resposible for so much hurt and anguish to so many people.

He needs to pay for this.

SoMDGirl42

What a tragedy. My thoughts are with all those innocent victims and their families. More young lives cut short. :huggy:

This all took place 10 minutes after I left the foodlion parking lot. I was unloading when I heard all the sirens. I'm very thankful for getting home when I did, it could very have easily been me and my family.

wineo

loving life
I don't care what kind of medical issues he had, if they were that bad then he should have never been allowed to drive. It is so sad what has happened to these to young ladies......

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
If you don't have anything nice to say to someone, then you need to STFU.
He is your dad/uncle/boyfriend/brother/cousin/someone-you-used-to-do-in-high-school/a-dude-you-met-at-the-bar, isn't he?

Oh, and you forgot the " :huggy: "

frequentflier

happy to be living
That is really juvenille and heartless to say in such an open forum when all of the facts are not present. I feel for all the families involved and couldn't imagine what anyone of them is going through. Let us all remain unbias until the facts come out; the man in question has a long medical history of Diabetes. Doesn't change the outcome, but to hear and read assumptions of drugs and alcohol, slanders a person who does not use.

Thanks.

In my opinion, "His actions tonight changed a lot of people's lives forever. I hope if there were drugs or alcohol involved, they string him up."

My quote said "IF" and was not an assumption of use - but hearing about 2 hit and run accidents and a third that finally stopped him that included a high rate of speed...and fatalities....it would make one wonder....

kcmjweeks

He is someone that I went to high school with and have a lot of respect for. If you do not have anything nice to say then you should shut up. None of us truly know what exactly happened. The truth will come out eventually. But for know, how about we all stop and say prayers for all of the family members of those that were involved in this tragedy and thank god that we are still here and have our family members with us.

frequentflier

happy to be living
He is someone that I went to high school with and have a lot of respect for. If you do not have anything nice to say then you should shut up. None of us truly know what exactly happened. The truth will come out eventually. But for know, how about we all stop and say prayers for all of the family members of those that were involved in this tragedy and thank god that we are still here and have our family members with us.

I left the Callaway area and also Indian Bridge road shortly before this happened. I am extremely grateful to be sitting here writing this instead of in a morgue or hospital. Though I don't know anyone involved, it is very close to home, so to speak. My thoughts are with all involved.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
We do know that 2 young people are dead at his hands. What else is more important?

Maybe you should move on and let people have their opinions.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Story is now on Baynet--with the names.

On 8/4/11 at 6:50 pm St. Mary's County Sheriff's Deputies responded to the area of Point Lookout Rd. and Chingville Rd. for a motor vehicle collision. Preliminary investigation revealed a 2007 Chevrolet 2500 driven by Robert Rice Jr., 34, of Great Mills, MD was traveling northbound on Point Lookout Rd. He struck the rear of a 2011 Toyota Sienna driven by Dyhalma Trudell, 54, of Leonardtown, MD that was also traveling northbound. The collision sent the Toyota Sienna into the grass off the northbound side of Point Lookout Rd. The Chevrolet 2500 crossed the center line and struck a 2008 Chevrolet Impala driven by Chernica Boyland, 22, of Lexington Park, MD that was on southbound Point Lookout Rd. Lisa Proctor, 22 of Leonardtown, MD was a passenger in the Impala. Boyland and Proctor were pronounced deceased on the scene. Rice and Trudell were transported to Prince George's Hospital Center with non-life threatening injuries. Members from the St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office Collision Reconstruction Team responded and assumed the investigation. The cause of the collision remains under investigation.

Anyone who may have witnessed the collision is asked to contact DFC Timothy Reese at 301-475-4200 ext. 9115