Need some brilliant ideas

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Just south of Roanoke. I was hoping to get closer to Richmond but the weather was ugly and it got dark, so I called it a night.

Apollo is my new favorite traveling companion. :yay:

:yay: :yay:
Tomorrow should be a very nice drive home, but still be careful out there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Protecting the catbox is easy - it has it's own room, so a low baby gate will do the trick.

Cat food, I'll have to figure that one out. He's a small dog and doesn't really eat a lot. Jess and Doug always just left food and water out for him, and he could nibble whenever he wanted. So we'll see what happens.

PrepH4U

Just south of Roanoke. I was hoping to get closer to Richmond but the weather was ugly and it got dark, so I called it a night.

Apollo is my new favorite traveling companion. :yay:

That is so cool! I am happy for you. They are a lot of company and I am sure you found yourself talking to him and he acted like he actually was listening also.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And while we're on the subject, why can't he have cat food? I've heard the NO!!!!! with no real reason, and I've heard the "eh, it won't hurt him". One source said cat food contains too much protein, but dogs in the wild ate pure protein and still managed to stay alive, so that seems stupid to me.

So...let the debate begin. Why can't a small active dog eat cat food?

PrepH4U

And while we're on the subject, why can't he have cat food? I've heard the NO!!!!! with no real reason, and I've heard the "eh, it won't hurt him". One source said cat food contains too much protein, but dogs in the wild ate pure protein and still managed to stay alive, so that seems stupid to me.

It may be too rich for his tummy. It may be lacking in the vitamins and minerals that dogs need vs cats. BUT if you have him on grain free and the cats are on grain free, I would compare the protein percentage to make sure. :shrug:
My cat thinks that dog food is his special treat! :lol:

somdfunguy

not impressed

Too much protein and fats. Dogs are more omnivore cats more carnivore. Some dogs eat cat poop because of all the protein. Keep the cats out of the dog food though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Too much protein and fats. Dogs are more omnivore cats more carnivore. Some dogs eat cat poop because of all the protein. Keep the cats out of the dog food though.

The cats won't go near any food that's not specifically theirs in their dish, so no worries about that.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Protecting the catbox is easy - it has it's own room, .

Put everything in the same room and put in a cat door so they can go in and out with the door closed. But the cat door has to be small enough so the pup can't get through it.