New Riding Mower

As of tonight, I have over 200 hours on mine with no problems at all. You're going to like you're new mower.

Congrats.
So far I love it.
Cut the front yard twice (it was TALL) and the rest once. Took just over an hour. Used to take me 2 hours to cut the entire thing once.

Only thing I don't like so far is that I have not figured out how to hook my 3-point hitch to it. Think I may have to sell both my 3-point hitches (2) and the impliments that go with them and replace with a sleeve hitch.

General Lee

So far I love it.
Cut the front yard twice (it was TALL) and the rest once. Took just over an hour. Used to take me 2 hours to cut the entire thing once.

Only thing I don't like so far is that I have not figured out how to hook my 3-point hitch to it. Think I may have to sell both my 3-point hitches (2) and the impliments that go with them and replace with a sleeve hitch.

Do you mean craftsman tractors have a hydraulic 3PH?

Do you mean craftsman tractors have a hydraulic 3PH?
No.
Before they switched to the sleeve hitch, Craftsman garden tractors had Cat 0 3-point hitches available. Manually operated just like the current sleeve hitch. However, as with the sleeve hitch, there was an option to add a power lift ram to it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So far I love it.

What kind of implements ya got??

Craftsman GT6000. 26HP Kohler, 54" cut.
I am annoyed with sears, sears service parts and myself, still love the tractor.

Annoyed with Sears 'cause they knew about this and didn't fix it before sending me the tractor. Incorrectly built gas cap was causing vapor lock. It would run 15-30 minutes and then die. Once cooled it would run again and then die the same.

Annoyed woth sears service parts. Sears sent me a new gas cap. While it fixed the problem at first, it was the wrong one in that the threads are TOTALLY wrong for the threads on the tank. They have to send me yet another one.

So after installing the new cap (with wrong threads) the mower worked great for 2 cuttings, then started doing it again. This time I had the service guy come out (under warranty till 2015). He couldn't get it to duplicate the problem, but changed the fuel filter (only 13 hours on mower) and ordered the new gas cap which should be in between 5-10 days. Mower ran great last night.

Annoyed with myself. Went to cut the grass at the entrance to the neighborhood. Hill is VERY steep, so I was cutting up the hill, rolling back down and repeating. Well the last time I did it, I rolled down the hill and up onto the shoulder of the road and when I went forward to go back up the hill, tractor nosed into the hill and the steering broke. Boy was that a pain in the azz to get home. Ended up getting a trailer to bring it the 1/4 mile to the house.

Called sears service, told them what happened. Parts are on order, to be delivered to my house and service guy will be by next Wednesday to replace the broken parts.

I am annoyed with sears, sears service parts and myself, still love the tractor.

Annoyed with Sears 'cause they knew about this and didn't fix it before sending me the tractor. Incorrectly built gas cap was causing vapor lock. It would run 15-30 minutes and then die. Once cooled it would run again and then die the same.

Annoyed woth sears service parts. Sears sent me a new gas cap. While it fixed the problem at first, it was the wrong one in that the threads are TOTALLY wrong for the threads on the tank. They have to send me yet another one.

So after installing the new cap (with wrong threads) the mower worked great for 2 cuttings, then started doing it again. This time I had the service guy come out (under warranty till 2015). He couldn't get it to duplicate the problem, but changed the fuel filter (only 13 hours on mower) and ordered the new gas cap which should be in between 5-10 days. Mower ran great last night.

Annoyed with myself. Went to cut the grass at the entrance to the neighborhood. Hill is VERY steep, so I was cutting up the hill, rolling back down and repeating. Well the last time I did it, I rolled down the hill and up onto the shoulder of the road and when I went forward to go back up the hill, tractor nosed into the hill and the steering broke. Boy was that a pain in the azz to get home. Ended up getting a trailer to bring it the 1/4 mile to the house.

Called sears service, told them what happened. Parts are on order, to be delivered to my house and service guy will be by next Wednesday to replace the broken parts.

This is disappointing. I've always trusted Sears/Craftsman products, but lately the quality just doesn't cut it. Can't believe the steering broke.

My JD is slowly falling apart, but I'm going to keep it going until it's a pile of rust.

PrepH4U

We went through two CTX9500 series tractors from sears. First one didn't have a hub nut on it. They offered to replace the tractor quicker than a repairman could come fix it. Loading it up the wheel kept falling off. :lol: Second tractor - could not raise or lower the deck, battery strap was broken and acid had leaked all over through the engine and deck. Repairman came and he even could not get decent technical support from the call center. We all decided to call sears again to come pick up the tractor, offered to take a smaller tractor with new implements (they still didn't add up to total amount) they would not do that. So we just got a refund and went down and got a JD with 4 wheel steer. Love it!

This is disappointing. I've always trusted Sears/Craftsman products, but lately the quality just doesn't cut it. Can't believe the steering broke.

My JD is slowly falling apart, but I'm going to keep it going until it's a pile of rust.
It's a Husquvarna (sp?). Once they knew there was a problem with the gas caps, you cannot tell me that they couldn't track the ones with the bad cap and replace it or include the replacement with the new tractor when sold. Everything is tracked by barcode in the factory and throughout the delivery process.

I am holding off on not being happy with Sears until I see what the problem is with the steering. The old '02 Craftsman LT1000 (AYP product) handled the hill that broke the steering just fine.

The service guy has been great. Called Monday night about 8:00 and they came out yesterday to fix the "runs and dies after 30 minutes" problem. Waiting a week for the repair this time isn't too bad since they have to ship the parts first.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

We've had our JD since 2005/6.. other than a few scratches and a faded seat it's still like new (stored outside)..

Hydraulic everything.. Mower Deck Lift, 3 pt hitch, sterring, FEL..

When I bought I told the salesperson at Carroll's I want this to be the last tractor I buy (unless I want to trade on something bigger) and this is the tractor he took me to.

SearsCares

To huntr1,

My name is Greg and I am with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I came across your post and wanted to reach out to you and let you know that we are sorry for your problems you have encountered with the gas cap for your tractor and also for the current situation you are experiencing with the broken steering. We can certainly see why you are disappointed over how the repairs and part orders have been handled and we would like to speak with you about your experience.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and one of our case managers will get in touch with you regarding your tractor to see what we can do to alleviate your frustrations with the continuing problems. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number your dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (huntr1) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for the frustration this has caused you and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Greg G.
Sears Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

SoMDGirl42

To huntr1,

My name is Greg and I am with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I came across your post and wanted to reach out to you and let you know that we are sorry for your problems you have encountered with the gas cap for your tractor and also for the current situation you are experiencing with the broken steering. We can certainly see why you are disappointed over how the repairs and part orders have been handled and we would like to speak with you about your experience.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and one of our case managers will get in touch with you regarding your tractor to see what we can do to alleviate your frustrations with the continuing problems. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number your dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (huntr1) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for the frustration this has caused you and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Greg G.
Sears Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

Who washes dishes with a lawn tractor????? Or who's cutting grass with their dishwasher? :jameo:

SEARS: EPIC FAIL

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Who washes dishes with a lawn tractor????? Or who's cutting grass with their dishwasher? :jameo:

SEARS: EPIC FAIL

I was waiting for the "provide an address and Bubba will be by shortly to pick up your tractor and remedy this situation."

We've had our JD since 2005/6.. other than a few scratches and a faded seat it's still like new (stored outside)..

Hydraulic everything.. Mower Deck Lift, 3 pt hitch, sterring, FEL..

When I bought I told the salesperson at Carroll's I want this to be the last tractor I buy (unless I want to trade on something bigger) and this is the tractor he took me to.

I bought mine with the house back in 1994, and it had 200 hours on it THEN. the deck is starting to rot thru in a few places, the catch bags have holes in them, but it start and runs like new.