New Riding Mower

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's a Husquvarna (sp?). Once they knew there was a problem with the gas caps, .

Interesting. A club I belong to has a fairly new Husqvarna riding mower and the motor just basically burned up. It still runs..but only barely and with little power; certainly not enough to run the deck and cut grass. The compression is squat. It looked to me like it was running very lean and overheated the power head as a result.

First I heard of the gas cap issue but that could explain some things.

<-- Annoyed Customer

So the mower is supposed to be repaired tomorrow. Kind of hard to do that when the parts that Sears was having shipped directly to me have not arrived.

Finally got my replacement for the replacement for the replacement (that Sears never sent) gas cap yesterday. It took a WEEK to travel from Glen Burnie to Mechanicsville. I can get stuff delivered from California (the state) faster. Yet another reason to be unhappy with Sears' Service department.
To huntr1,

My name is Greg and I am with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I came across your post and wanted to reach out to you and let you know that we are sorry for your problems you have encountered with the gas cap for your tractor and also for the current situation you are experiencing with the broken steering. We can certainly see why you are disappointed over how the repairs and part orders have been handled and we would like to speak with you about your experience.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and one of our case managers will get in touch with you regarding your tractor to see what we can do to alleviate your frustrations with the continuing problems. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number your dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (huntr1) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for the frustration this has caused you and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Greg G.
Sears Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Interesting. A club I belong to has a fairly new Husqvarna riding mower and the motor just basically burned up. It still runs..but only barely and with little power; certainly not enough to run the deck and cut grass. The compression is squat. It looked to me like it was running very lean and overheated the power head as a result.

First I heard of the gas cap issue but that could explain some things.

We went through three Pressure washers in about a two week period.. all from Lowes, two Troy Bilts, and a Karcher..

One started up great, ran for about 2 minutes then I looked back and saw this white slimy liquid on the engine. I though it was soap leaking through a bad seal, not a big deal.

Shut it off to be sure and it was contaminated oil leaking out of the head. JUST got it out of the box, put together, filled with oil and started for the first time. (that was the second one).. I THINK that was a mid (price) range Troy Bilt..

This time (three years later) I found a fairly expensive one but it had a honda motor in it.. spent the money, and it works GREAT.

Last edited:
This time (three years later) I found a fairly expensive one but it had a honda motor in it.. spent the money, and it works GREAT.

I have a honda generator I bought in '84. Still starts first pull, and it's seen some heavy usage.

My snow thrower has a subaru, only time will tell. I think it has 1 or 2 hours on it right now.

Hunter, sorry you're still having issues. Not fun when it's brand new like that.

PrepH4U

<-- Annoyed Customer

So the mower is supposed to be repaired tomorrow. Kind of hard to do that when the parts that Sears was having shipped directly to me have not arrived.

Finally got my replacement for the replacement for the replacement (that Sears never sent) gas cap yesterday. It took a WEEK to travel from Glen Burnie to Mechanicsville. I can get stuff delivered from California (the state) faster. Yet another reason to be unhappy with Sears' Service department.

Call them up and tell them you want a new mower, not one that you have to wait weeks to be fixed. It works, you do not have to settle for a sub standard mower.

Call them up and tell them you want a new mower, not one that you have to wait weeks to be fixed. It works, you do not have to settle for a sub standard mower.
They are to call me. That's what I plan to tell them. No excuse for this.

Well, Sears cannot get a new tractor to me till September 13 (have to get it from Husqvarna). So, they are coming tomorrow to fix the existing tractor with the parts that UPS/FedEx says will arrive today. Then next month they will bring me my new one.

Well, Sears cannot get a new tractor to me till September 13 (have to get it from Husqvarna). So, they are coming tomorrow to fix the existing tractor with the parts that UPS/FedEx says will arrive today. Then next month they will bring me my new one.
The parts came today. Repair guy had a hole in his schedule and was in the area, so he came by to fix it. The report I got from Dymphna is that her conversation with him went like this:

D: Here's the parts Sears sent
RG: Let's see what you have here. This steering shaft isn't for your mower. I don't even know WHAT these two parts are to, but these other two minor parts here I can use. Here's a copy of the parts breakdown diagram for the tractor. See these 10 parts? They are what the tractor needs for me to fix it. I gotta talk to the company. They'll call you."

So, no repairs were made today. Waiting to see what they say now.

ginwoman

The parts came today. Repair guy had a hole in his schedule and was in the area, so he came by to fix it. The report I got from Dymphna is that her conversation with him went like this:

D: Here's the parts Sears sent
RG: Let's see what you have here. This steering shaft isn't for your mower. I don't even know WHAT these two parts are to, but these other two minor parts here I can use. Here's a copy of the parts breakdown diagram for the tractor. See these 10 parts? They are what the tractor needs for me to fix it. I gotta talk to the company. They'll call you."

So, no repairs were made today. Waiting to see what they say now.

Huntr1 did you ever get your mower fixed?

Huntr1 did you ever get your mower fixed?
Funny you should ask. It was SUPPOSED to be delivered on Thursday (9/13). Just got off the phone with them. The factory has not gotten one to them yet, it is supposed to get to them on 9/20, and to me on 9/25. Just in time to put it away for the season.

ginwoman

Funny you should ask. It was SUPPOSED to be delivered on Thursday (9/13). Just got off the phone with them. The factory has not gotten one to them yet, it is supposed to get to them on 9/20, and to me on 9/25. Just in time to put it away for the season.

Soooo, if you were starting over and going to go somewhere to buy a new mower, where would you go?

Don't mean to pick your brain to death. I know you have been through enough already. :howdy:

Soooo, if you were starting over and going to go somewhere to buy a new mower, where would you go?

Don't mean to pick your brain to death. I know you have been through enough already. :howdy:

Carrolls.

If I need to replace mine, I will go with another true John Deere. I've beat the snot out of mine and it still has years left in it.

Had I not gone with the replacement, and gone with the repair, I would have a working mower by now.
If I had the $$, I would go to Carrolls and get a Deere, but I can buy 2 or 3 of the Husquvarna built Craftsman for the price of a Deere with equal capabilities (according to the JD "build your own" [or whatever they call it] website). Until then, I will be happy with a Craftsman.
I am just glad we've had a drought and the grass hasn't grown much this summer. Of course, now it's getting TALL.

Carrolls.

If I need to replace mine, I will go with another true John Deere. I've beat the snot out of mine and it still has years left in it.

I got almost 10 years out of my cheap Craftsman. The new Craftsman is a nice unit, just bad luck on my part.

If I hit the lottery, I will get a JD. Until then, I will have to keep the Craftsman.

I got almost 10 years out of my cheap Craftsman. The new Craftsman is a nice unit, just bad luck on my part.

If I hit the lottery, I will get a JD. Until then, I will have to keep the Craftsman.

I got about that from my Craftsman too, back when they weren't made out of super thin sheet metal.

The JD I have now I bought with the house back in '94. It had about 200 hours on it then. I'm going to have to replace the grass bags this season, and a coil 2 years ago, but other than new tires and batteries, couldn't ask for a better machine.

RPMDAD

Had I not gone with the replacement, and gone with the repair, I would have a working mower by now.
If I had the $$, I would go to Carrolls and get a Deere, but I can buy 2 or 3 of the Husquvarna built Craftsman for the price of a Deere with equal capabilities (according to the JD "build your own" [or whatever they call it] website). Until then, I will be happy with a Craftsman.
I am just glad we've had a drought and the grass hasn't grown much this summer. Of course, now it's getting TALL.

Not to hex myself here my craftsman is going on 12 years and still running good, and just blades, batteries and tires on top of standard maintenance, oil changes, plugs, belts and air filters, no complaints at all from me. Agree with huntr1, when i hit the lotto, i can afford to look at a JD.