New Riding Mower

Finally got the bagger installed last night. Had to notch the flange around the hole on the hitch plate. The pin on the bagger mount was installed 1/16" proud, and as a result, the hole in the pin for the spring clip was 1/2 blocked by the flange on the hole. 2 minutes with the dremel and the bagger was installed. Then I put on the tire chains.

WOW! This thing is a whole new tractor now. Even with the bagger empty I can go up hills I never could before due to traction issues. Going across the hill I no longer have to sit 1/2 off the seat on the high side to keep traction.

:yay: :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Finally got the bagger installed last night. Had to notch the flange around the hole on the hitch plate. The pin on the bagger mount was installed 1/16" proud, and as a result, the hole in the pin for the spring clip was 1/2 blocked by the flange on the hole. 2 minutes with the dremel and the bagger was installed. Then I put on the tire chains.

WOW! This thing is a whole new tractor now. Even with the bagger empty I can go up hills I never could before due to traction issues. Going across the hill I no longer have to sit 1/2 off the seat on the high side to keep traction.

:yay: :yay:

Was thinking of getting the blower part, but blowing the grass and leaves onto a 12 foot trailer drug behind.. I mow a LOT of grass..

That would give me a crap load of compost every year.

Craftsman GT6000. 26HP Kohler, 54" cut.

Just got the notification that my new Garden Tractor is in. They're assembling it now. Going to leave in an hour and a half and go get it. I'm like a kid waiting for his parents to get up on Christmas morning so he can tear into the gifts.

Time to cut the grass. :yahoo:

They called when I was on the way home last night. I am getting a new tractor. They offered.

Funny you should ask. It was SUPPOSED to be delivered on Thursday (9/13). Just got off the phone with them. The factory has not gotten one to them yet, it is supposed to get to them on 9/20, and to me on 9/25. Just in time to put it away for the season.

Mower Update:
Cutting the grass 3 weeks ago, was running out of daylight so I turned on the headlights. 5 minutes later the mower died. Stone cold DEAD. No time to look at it, gotta pack and then go camping.

A week goes by: Figured it was a blown fuse, cannot find the fuse. Called Sears Service and the woman on the phone can't direct me to where the fuse is either. So she schedules me for service. 10 minutes later after looking online, I find the fuse on the wiring diagram and find it right away on the mower. Yup, it's blown.

2 days later: replace the blown fuse. Tractor runs fine. Look over tractor, and find that the harness to the headlights is melted. There's the cause of the blown fuse.

2 days later Sears Service comes by. "Yep, this melted mess of wiring caused the fuse to blow. I'll order a new harness and have it shipped to you and will be back next Friday to fix it. This is a common problem."

If it's a "known problem" then why in the HELL doesn't Sears fix it? All it would take is a SLIGHTLY longer harness and a wiring clip to hold the wires away from the head.

I am not happy with Sears right now.

General Lee

Mower Update:
Cutting the grass 3 weeks ago, was running out of daylight so I turned on the headlights. 5 minutes later the mower died. Stone cold DEAD. No time to look at it, gotta pack and then go camping.

A week goes by: Figured it was a blown fuse, cannot find the fuse. Called Sears Service and the woman on the phone can't direct me to where the fuse is either. So she schedules me for service. 10 minutes later after looking online, I find the fuse on the wiring diagram and find it right away on the mower. Yup, it's blown.

2 days later: replace the blown fuse. Tractor runs fine. Look over tractor, and find that the harness to the headlights is melted. There's the cause of the blown fuse.

2 days later Sears Service comes by. "Yep, this melted mess of wiring caused the fuse to blow. I'll order a new harness and have it shipped to you and will be back next Friday to fix it. This is a common problem."

If it's a "known problem" then why in the HELL doesn't Sears fix it? All it would take is a SLIGHTLY longer harness and a wiring clip to hold the wires away from the head.

When I was tractor shopping this spring for a new mower, I hemmed and hauled over which big box store junk I was gonna buy. Never could make my mind up. All the brands have their hands in each others tractor one way or another. Your experience is just ONE of many, many unhappy box store mower owners. I decided to go the diesel commercial route. I'm done with my fair share of Craftsman, Husky, JD, Yard Man, etc.

When I was tractor shopping this spring for a new mower, I hemmed and hauled over which big box store junk I was gonna buy. Never could make my mind up. All the brands have their hands in each others tractor one way or another. Your experience is just ONE of many, many unhappy box store mower owners. I decided to go the diesel commercial route. I'm done with my fair share of Craftsman, Husky, JD, Yard Man, etc.
You are welcome to buy me a 4x4 diesel tractor.

General Lee

My post wasn't meant to be negative towards you. Just expressing my opinion on the big box brands. Nothing wrong w/ owing one. Its all I ever owned for years.

My post wasn't meant to be negative towards you. Just expressing my opinion on the big box brands. Nothing wrong w/ owing one. Its all I ever owned for years.
Didn't take it as negative. My response was a heartfelt offer allowing you to buy me a diesel 4x4 tractor. I really would NOT object if you did so.

ginwoman

my hub has a MF 1010 diesel tractor. He loves that thang. He also has a MF riding mower he loves that one too. He won that one at LEONARDTOWN CARNIVAL back in the day.

Mower Update:

https://www.facebook.com/

If you want an almost new JD X310 I will be selling mine soon.

Been trying to put ads on SOMD, but I can't get logged in to classifieds.

Last edited: