"No Kill" Animal Shelter?

estee_shaun

exactly; how can you advocate siding with a stinky, old, incontinent cat over a unique and special gift from God

I am inclined to agree with this statement. However an animal is also a gift from God. I think its great that the owner is trying to find a home for it where it will not be harmed. For the safety of the cat and the child I would just get rid of the cat, no question about it. After reading some of the comments on this thread its hard to believe that any of you have children, and if you do, God help them. If you don't, don't have them. Sometimes getting a child to understand "no" is harder than you think, it takes time and patients. Obviously the child is intrigued by the cat. It takes time. But like I said, " for the cats safety and the childs, I think it would be best to maybe but your child first?????? I don't know.......you did have to post a thread to figure it out???:bonk::bonk:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I am inclined to agree with this statement. However an animal is also a gift from God. I think its great that the owner is trying to find a home for it where it will not be harmed. For the safety of the cat and the child I would just get rid of the cat, no question about it. After reading some of the comments on this thread its hard to believe that any of you have children, and if you do, God help them. If you don't, don't have them. Sometimes getting a child to understand "no" is harder than you think, it takes time and patients. Obviously the child is intrigued by the cat. It takes time. But like I said, " for the cats safety and the childs, I think it would be best to maybe but your child first?????? I don't know.......you did have to post a thread to figure it out???:bonk::bonk:

All my children have 4 legs. And I prefer it that way. TYVM

Cowgirl

The point is, the cat's owner can teach the child to leave the cat alone. Will it take work? Yes. It won't take long for the child to learn how to treat the cat. Is it worth getting rid of an 11 year old cat for something that is pretty easy to remedy?

On second thought, the cat will probably be better off. If they can't teach their toddler how to behave, imagine what happens when the kid gets a little older.

sockgirl77

I have 3 children. All 3 understand the word "no". All 3 are around animals without complication.

R

remaxrealtor

Mine are far from easy going. However the kid is 18 months and they learn easily.

IF something is done now....this sounds like my former step son who was never disciplined...he's in jail now...

frequentflier

happy to be living
Than you really have no experience to even comment on this thread. DO YOU???

Not have childrearing experience has nothing to do with this! And there is such thing as *freedom of speech* in this country. I am entitled to comment and have my own thoughts and opinions.
Most serial killers started out by torturing cats and other small animals! If they can't control the kid at this age- I wonder what will happen in the future.

estee_shaun

Not have childrearing experience has nothing to do with this! And there is such thing as *freedom of speech* in this country. I am entitled to comment and have my own thoughts and opinions.
Most serial killers started out by torturing cats and other small animals! If they can't control the kid at this age- I wonder what will happen in the future.

LOL this just cracks me up. Boy you are really taking this to another level. Your right though because only someone that does not have children would pull the whole "SERIAL KILLER" card. Do you want me to tell you how many children in my family have ran after cats and pulled the occasional tail and are completely successful now and haven't killed a soul. OH and they actually have children of their own. LOL this is a RIOT :killingme

terbear1225

please tell me you forgot the :sarcasm: smilie???

I have 2 kids and 2 cats, does that qualify me to comment? There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with disciplining your child and teaching proper behavior. if more people wold actually say NO to their children once in a whie, there would be a lot fewer entitled little snots running around thinking they can do whatever they please.

what if it was an older sibling instead of a cat. would you just get rid of your 11 yo child because the 18 mo was chasing them around the house and pulling their hair? or would you teach your little "darling" not to do it?

estee_shaun

please tell me you forgot the :sarcasm: smilie???

I have 2 kids and 2 cats, does that qualify me to comment? There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with disciplining your child and teaching proper behavior. if more people wold actually say NO to their children once in a whie, there would be a lot fewer entitled little snots running around thinking they can do whatever they please.

what if it was an older sibling instead of a cat. would you just get rid of your 11 yo child because the 18 mo was chasing them around the house and pulling their hair? or would you teach your little "darling" not to do it?

Did I say there was something wrong with disciplining a child??? Are you implying with your little "darling" comment that My child is a SNOTTY BRAT?????????????????????????????????????????

terbear1225

LOL this just cracks me up. Boy you are really taking this to another level. Your right though because only someone that does not have children would pull the whole "SERIAL KILLER" card. Do you want me to tell you how many children in my family have ran after cats and pulled the occasional tail and are completely successful now and haven't killed a soul. OH and they actually have children of their own. LOL this is a RIOT :killingme

now can you tell me how many of them are @$$holes because mommy and daddy never bothered to teah them right from wrong? or did someone step in and say "no_____, don't pull the kitty's tail, that's mean" and discipline them for doning something wrong?

we're not talking about an occasional tail pull. we're talking about someone who is willing to give away their pet of 11 years because they can't manage o teach an 18 month old to leave it alone.

terbear1225

Did I say there was something wrong with disciplining a child??? Are you implying with your little "darling" comment that My child is a SNOTTY BRAT?????????????????????????????????????????

I know exactly jack and ___ about YOUR child. I am implying that any child that doesn't understand what it mean when someone says no is a snotty brat.

estee_shaun

now can you tell me how many of them are @$$holes because mommy and daddy never bothered to teah them right from wrong? or did someone step in and say "no_____, don't pull the kitty's tail, that's mean" and discipline them for doning something wrong?

we're not talking about an occasional tail pull. we're talking about someone who is willing to give away their pet of 11 years because they can't manage o teach an 18 month old to leave it alone.

Your a douche bag and I've responded enough, I don't like you and I don't even know you. So many implications................................ go #$%^ yourself. Have a great day!!!!! :blahblah:

tes218

So tell me...did they get told "no" and they learned to live with the cat or did everyone of the people in your family just take the easy route and got rid of the cat and saved themselves the trouble of having to discipline their kids.

And if you bothered to look up any statistics people who harm others have a very high probability of animal abuse in their past. Now having a child that pulls a tail once or twice before having a parent teach them it's wrong and won't be allowed is different than someone who feels they can't control an 18 month old from "abusing" a cat.