"No Kill" Animal Shelter?

estee_shaun

So tell me...did they get told "no" and they learned to live with the cat or did everyone of the people in your family just take the easy route and got rid of the cat and saved themselves the trouble of having to discipline their kids.

And if you bothered to look up any statistics people who harm others have a very high probability of animal abuse in their past. Now having a child that pulls a tail once or twice before having a parent teach them it's wrong and won't be allowed is different than someone who feels they can't control an 18 month old from "abusing" a cat.

In case you cannot read. I am done with this thread and think its pathetic..... Have a wonderful day.

tes218

In case you cannot read. I am done with this thread and think its pathetic..... Have a wonderful day.

Sorry, I can't read the thread while I'm typing. If you had looked at the times you would have known this. Just another case of not knowing what you're talking about.

About the wonderful day...Thanks, really sweet of you!

Loper

Animal Poor!
My wife and I have an approx. 11 year old female cat that we unfortunately need to give up. The reason is because we can't seem to get our very young son (18 months) to stop tormenting her. He chases her all over the house, pulls her tail, etc.

She does a great job of putting up with him, but it appears to have caused her some anxiety as she recently started going to the bathroom outside of her litter box. We do our best to keep the boy away from her and have tried a bunch of different litters (even that fancy Cat Attract stuff), but nothing seems to be working. I'll admit that I may be partially to blame for not cleaning the box as often as I should, but there are time when she does it despite the box being completely unused.

Based on the above, we've decided to give her up. We figure it's the only way to get her away from the boy at this point, which should stop stressing her out. The only problem is, we can't find any shelters that will take her due to her age and not plan to euthanize her. That is simply not an option.

So, does anyone know of a "no kill" shelter in Calvert, St. Mary or PG counties that we could take her to? Or, is there another option?

Thanks.

Have you ruled out that it is not a medical condition causing the cat to do this?

gw204

I guess most of you have ever had a very stubborn kid, have you? Perfect little angles for almost everyone on southern MD apparently. :rolleyes:

Don't judge my ability to be a good parent based on a few lines of text I posted on the internet... No where in my initial post does it say what I do to try and discipline the child, how long this has been going on, what we do to try and isolate the cat, etc.

estee_shaun

I guess none of you have ever had a very stubborn kid, have you? Perfect little angles for everyone on southern MD, but me apparently. :rolleyes:

Don't judge my ability to be a good parent based on a few lines of text I posted on the internet... No where in my initial post does it say what I do to try and discipline the child, how long this has been going on, what we do to try and isolate the cat, etc.

A - freakin - MEN Thank you!!!!!

estee_shaun

GW204 took the words right out of my mouth. Some childeren are stuborn. I feel that some strong willed kids are smart. Now no one take offence I wasn't saying that anyone elses kids where not.

sockgirl77

I guess most of you have ever had a very stubborn kid, have you? Perfect little angles for almost everyone on southern MD apparently. :rolleyes:

Nobody is saying that their kids are angels. We're saying that you need to figure out how to discipline your child. Do you ever plan on give it siblings?

estee_shaun

Nobody is saying that their kids are angels. We're saying that you need to figure out how to discipline your child. Do you ever plan on give it siblings?

OMG what makes you think that this person doesn't know how to discipline their child??????? Who are you to say that they NEED TO FIGURE IT OUT?????