OHMYGERD is gonna snow and we’re all GONNA DIE

terbear1225

FYI, this just showed up on the SMCPS website:

As a result of the forecast and the potential impact of the impending storm, all St. Mary's County Public Schools' activities and events occurring Saturday and Sunday, December 9 and 10, are cancelled. Evening activities beginning or ongoing after 6 p.m. on Friday, December 8, are cancelled. All schools and facilities will be closed. Please see school websites for updates and rescheduled school activities.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nary a single flake has fallen on the island yet.

I want an excuse to make some milk sammiches.

glhs837

Power with Control
Wife reported a few flakes up between Sheetz and the car was on 235, nothing here at the smallest puzzle palace.

I'm ready. Got a head start on it. Curled up in the recliner under a blanket watching a yule log on the big screen, cup of hot chocolate in hand.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blizzard conditions in Solomons

Attachments

• blizzard.jpg
    blizzard.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 250

awpitt

Main Streeter
Winter Storm Warning
Weather Updated: Dec 08 2:53PM
Issued by the National Weather Service
For St. Marys, Maryland
WINTER STORM WARNING FROM 7PM EST FRI UNTIL 4PM EST SAT ...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 PM EST SATURDAY... * WHAT...SNOW EXPECTED. PLAN ON DIFFICULT TRAVEL CONDITIONS. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED, WITH HIGHEST AMOUNTS IN SOUTHERN CALVERT AND ST. MARY'S COUNTIES. * WHERE...IN MARYLAND, CHARLES, ST. MARYS AND CALVERT COUNTIES. IN VIRGINIA, KING GEORGE COUNTY. * WHEN...FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 PM EST SATURDAY. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...BE PREPARED FOR SIGNIFICANT REDUCTIONS IN VISIBILITY AT TIMES. TEMPERATURES WILL BE CLOSE TO FREEZING THROUGH THE EVENT. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL, KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT, FOOD AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. THE LATEST ROAD CONDITIONS FOR THE STATE YOU ARE CALLING FROM CAN BE OBTAINED BY CALLING 5 1 1.

Hessian

Radar is looking,...serious right now (at least since 2 pm!)...is this virga or is it hitting the ground...I got 40 miles to drive and I need to know. as I head south!