OHMYGERD is gonna snow and we’re all GONNA DIE

glhs837

Power with Control
I gotta go buy another camera. Thought I'd be clever and hide my only one near the dock where all our boats are having gas tanks and stuff stolen out of them.

Next hit...he took the camera too. So much for the :hidden" part. ;-p

I would offer to do a security check for you, but it's a bit cold for kayaking by :) Offhand, a bird nesting box or one of those large fake owls would make a great hide for a camera.

Chris0nllyn

I gotta go buy another camera. Thought I'd be clever and hide my only one near the dock where all our boats are having gas tanks and stuff stolen out of them.

Next hit...he took the camera too. So much for the :hidden" part. ;-p

Look for a security box for it along with a python cable. Virtually un-stealable.

WiFi camera with motion detection? You get an alert at the time of the incident, don't have to hope you catch a face while playing a regular camera back post-fact.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
WiFi camera with motion detection? You get an alert at the time of the incident, don't have to hope you catch a face while playing a regular camera back post-fact.

The game cameras operate using motion detection and work at night too. The month or so that I had the camera pointed down the dock covering the boats, I captured lots of pictures of people who belonged there. LOL.

The game cameras operate using motion detection and work at night too. The month or so that I had the camera pointed down the dock covering the boats, I captured lots of pictures of people who belonged there. LOL.

What I meant was a WiFi camera can send real-time video alerts to your cell phone. Catch them in the act.

glhs837

Power with Control
What I meant was a WiFi camera can send real-time video alerts to your cell phone. Catch them in the act.

Yep, neighbor lady has them both inside and outside the house. She regularly travels to B-more to hang with one of the daughters and occasionally asks me to check out an alert. Things email her a snapshot and she can call up a video clip if need be.

Chris0nllyn

Always a good idea if WiFi reaches out far enough.

Some game cameras now have cell capabilities that can send a text message to you with a picture. They aren't cheap though.

dgates80

Land of the lost
This most recent smow was a bust. Could have weathered it with a single slice of bread, one (ok, two) cans of beer, and no extra TP.