OHMYGERD is gonna snow and we’re all GONNA DIE

frequentflier

happy to be living
The trees are still covered and in my neck of the woods (Lusby), the roads appear to be clean. It is a very wet and heavy snow and when I was out feeding the birds, a big snow blop fell on my head :lol:

I love the beauty and the cold and I could sit here all day and watch the snow and birds and squirrels...but work awaits me. We are supposed to have an adoption event today and have already had one group cancel :mad:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're having a "little squall" - moderate to heavy rain, winds 20-30 mph. Not gonna lie, I'm nervous.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Leonardtown has enough to mess up my DirecTV reception. Had to break out the ladder and clear the snow off the dish.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I can never figure out the bread and milk.

I think it harkens back from the days after WW2, 50's-70's, when there was a boom in childbirths, not many stores, one car (with bias ply tires) families, and no really substantial road clearing. With so many mouths to feed, mothers had to make sure they could keep the kiddies fed until the road snow melted enough to get to the store again. Especially if the power went out. Bread keeps awhile, and the milk can be put on the porch in the cold to keep. Plus, back then, most everyone did canning and had food storage cellars for their other food needs, except for milk and bread. And to this day we still do it because our parents and grand parents did it. Minus the canning and food cellars, for the most part. That's my theory anyway. Oh, and the toilet paper thing. Folks got tied of using corn cob husks and the latest edition of the Sears catalog in the, older older back then days, to wipe their butts. Didn't want to have to do that again. That's why the TP.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If I may ...

I think it harkens back from the days after WW2, 50's-70's, when there was a boom in childbirths, not many stores, one car (with bias ply tires) families, and no really substantial road clearing. With so many mouths to feed, mothers had to make sure they could keep the kiddies fed until the road snow melted enough to get to the store again. Especially if the power went out. Bread keeps awhile, and the milk can be put on the porch in the cold to keep. Plus, back then, most everyone did canning and had food storage cellars for their other food needs, except for milk and bread. And to this day we still do it because our parents and grand parents did it. Minus the canning and food cellars, for the most part. That's my theory anyway. Oh, and the toilet paper thing. Folks got tied of using corn cob husks and the latest edition of the Sears catalog in the, older older back then days, to wipe their butts. Didn't want to have to do that again. That's why the TP.

Cliff?

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Wasn't milk delivered then?

awpitt

Main Streeter
Looks like we had another dud. I need to stop watching the Weather Channel. They tend to over dramatize things.

Chris0nllyn

it was great out there this morning.......no deer though

I stood up to pee and had one snort at me. I couldn't see it though.

Packed it up around noon and went home. Went back yesterday to put more corn down and change camera cards and had a big doe come into my spot at 5:30 that afternoon. :lol:

Oh well. Hoping to sneak in a few afternoon hunts this week while archery is in then shift to ducks/geese for the rest of the season (minus the 3 day gun season early Jan.)

In Huntingtown, so far we haven't gotten enough to even clean the car windows

Yea us north-County folks didn't get much. It really didn't start until 12:30-1:00pm

glhs837

Power with Control
Looks like we had another dud. I need to stop watching the Weather Channel. They tend to over dramatize things.

You mean the Storm Whores? Yeah, once they decided they were going to name winter storms unilaterally I gave up on them.

Clem72

The bread and milk think seems fairly obvious, it's just people with young kids. Young kids (toddlers especially) go through a lot of milk, and many kids seems to get the majority of their meals between two slices of bread. And if you think you may not be able to get out to the store for a couple of days, you best stock up on the stuff the kiddos eat, because they are the pickiest and whiniest when you don't have their favorite food.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Went back yesterday to put more corn down and change camera cards .....

I gotta go buy another camera. Thought I'd be clever and hide my only one near the dock where all our boats are having gas tanks and stuff stolen out of them.

Next hit...he took the camera too. So much for the :hidden" part. ;-p