Otto Warmbierh as died

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
THAT is exactly why you don't commit crimes in third world ####holes, their justice system aint like ours

There it is - you're not in Kansas anymore.

The couple of times I traveled outside the US, I was VERY!!! careful to keep my nose clean and not talk to strangers on the street, or even acknowledge the ganja men strolling around hawking their wares. Getting busted on some trumped up charge and being tossed into a third world prison just wasn't my idea of a vacation.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Kind of bold to think that we, the USA, should force our democracy on whomever we feel are "bad people."

They are an independent nation and have their own laws, rules, and ways of doing things which should be respected. The man was a visitor in their country and decided to break the law. End of story.

Were you wanting to launch nukes a while back when that kid got cained in Singapore for stealing?

All of Europe, Japan, etc... Once dictatorships, now well-established democracies because of our actions. :shrug:

And I'm not suggesting we "force" our democracy on them. But, it's long overdue seriously addressing their human rights violations and the sabre rattling with their nuke pursuits. This whole thing with NORK is coming to a head, and I dread the day that we didn't take them seriously enough, and they do what we really fear they will do - resulting thousands dead rather than one.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And I'm not suggesting we "force" our democracy on them. But, it's long overdue seriously addressing their human rights violations and the sabre rattling with their nuke pursuits. .

What do you mean by "addressing"?

This_person

By whose prism? Neither Psy nor you nor me nor anyone gets to be the morality police of the world. I'm sure in the eyes of KJU he is completely morally justified to uphold the laws of his country and punish in the prescribed manner that isn't a secret to anyone and therefore shouldn't be a surprise.

When you travel to a foreign country, all bets are off. To think that your American citizenship can protect you, or that you are still in an American environment, is foolish and ignorant. That is *their* country, not yours, and they have their own rules and "morality". If you don't like that, don't go there.

Simple.

:lol:

I was actually trying to agree with you. I DO think Psy is correct from a moral standpoint, but we are not talking about the Holocaust. If we knew a country was doing that today, should we intervene? It's hard to know. I DO also agree with you that they can live in their country how they choose, though I don't think they're actually choosing it. So, is it ok to protect the ignorant from their oppressor? That's really the question here.

You're right that citizenship in America is not a saving's grace when traveling to another country, but that doesn't mean we turn a blind eye, does it? We didn't when a kid was whipped for spitting out his gum in Asia somewhere....but, what is the right level of response?

Wishbone

how many morth koreans, who had no choice in this matter, should have to die to avenge this guy? How many US service men are you willing to risk?

I'm not in favor of military action, but to answer your question:

In an exchange of lives, acting in vengeance, retaliation, justice, whateverthe#### you want to call it... The ratio is 10000 to 1. JSYK

Restitution

All of Europe, Japan, etc... Once dictatorships, now well-established democracies because of our actions. :shrug:

And I'm not suggesting we "force" our democracy on them. But, it's long overdue seriously addressing their human rights violations and the sabre rattling with their nuke pursuits. This whole thing with NORK is coming to a head, and I dread the day that we didn't take them seriously enough, and they do what we really fear they will do - resulting thousands dead rather than one.

Couldn't help but notice you conveniently left out every middle east country..... how did it work out over there?

No one likes it when human rights are trampled however, where does it say that the good ole' USA should be the human rights enforcers for the world? Why can't a US-less NATO step in and handle things? Bring to bear the pressures of the United Nations on NK?

It's time for others to step up, write the checks (financially and physically) and get involved.

This_person

Couldn't help but notice you conveniently left out every middle east country..... how did it work out over there?

No one likes it when human rights are trampled however, where does it say that the good ole' USA should be the human rights enforcers for the world? Why can't a US-less NATO step in and handle things? Bring to bear the pressures of the United Nations on NK?

It's time for others to step up, write the checks (financially and physically) and get involved.

So, lead by not leading? Or, just don't lead?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
He was at a hotel, and on a 'staff-only' floor he stole a propaganda sign that read "Let's arm ourselves strongly with Kim Jong-il's patriotism". Any sign with Kimm Jong-il's name or picture on it is not to be touched and it's considered a serious crime.

Suggesting he already was brain "disadvantaged" to begin with.

This_person

Yep!

I think it's time for us to take care of our own for a while. How about we fix OUR OWN problems before trying to tell the rest of the world how they need to fix their problems.

Outside of national debt, which of our problems are we not working on?

PsyOps

Pixelated

I never meant to suggest it is ours and ours alone to address. South Korea, Japan, and China have a lot to be concerned about. But I believe, on top of all of the other issues coming out of NORK, Warmbier's death deserves some sort of response. If we continue to ignore the general problem, that is North Korea, it's going to literally explode in our faces.