Otto Warmbierh as died

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yep!

I think it's time for us to take care of our own for a while. How about we fix OUR OWN problems before trying to tell the rest of the world how they need to fix their problems.

I generally agree with this... until Americans start getting murdered, in a most brutal way.

Restitution

I generally agree with this... until Americans start getting murdered, in a most brutal way.

Which Americans are you referring to?

I am guessing it is other Americans besides the foolish one in the OP that decided to go over to a foreign country without regards of their surroundings, laws, etc. and decided to do something illegal without knowing the possible ramifications.

This_person

ISWYDT.....

I said FIX our problems... not work on them.

So, IF (and this is hyperbolic) another Hitler comes along and starts a series of death camps while steam-rolling over a continent, we should sit on our hands and do nothing until we are 100% perfect in every way?

Restitution

So, IF (and this is hyperbolic) another Hitler comes along and starts a series of death camps while steam-rolling over a continent, we should sit on our hands and do nothing until we are 100% perfect in every way?

Brushing up on your history so.....

If you happen to remember, it wasn't a genocidal Hitler that drug the USA into WWII. It was a cowardly attack on an island port in the Pacific. Had the Japanese not bombed Pearl Harbor, the US might not have even been involved.

Midnightrider

Is there any evidence this guy was murdered? How about if he was is there any evidence it was at the hands of the NK government? People die in prisons all the time, it doesn't mean the government murdered them

This_person

Brushing up on your history so.....

If you happen to remember, it wasn't a genocidal Hitler that drug the USA into WWII. It was a cowardly attack on an island port in the Pacific. Had the Japanese not bombed Pearl Harbor, the US might not have even been involved.

The hypothetical still stands, regardless of the similar history.

Or, are you saying we should not have helped Europe in WWII?

Restitution

The hypothetical still stands, regardless of the similar history.

Or, are you saying we should not have helped Europe in WWII?

Do you happen to have any reasoning besides..... but, Democracy??

Why do you believe we should get involved in a skirmish with NK? I personally see no long-lasting interest in the effort other than.... because Democracy :shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Is there any evidence this guy was murdered? How about if he was is there any evidence it was at the hands of the NK government? People die in prisons all the time, it doesn't mean the government murdered them

Argue for the sake of arguing with someone else.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Which Americans are you referring to?

I am guessing it is other Americans besides the foolish one in the OP that decided to go over to a foreign country without regards of their surroundings, laws, etc. and decided to do something illegal without knowing the possible ramifications.

He was sentenced to 15 years hard labor not a death penalty. Or perhaps you and MR would like to give a whole new definition to 'hard labor' while you're making up your own fantasies on every subject.

Midnightrider

Argue for the sake of arguing with someone else.
so that's a big fat no :yay:

He was sentenced to 15 years hard labor not a death penalty. Or perhaps you and MR would like to give a whole new definition to 'hard labor' while you're making up your own fantasies on every subject.

That is the definition of hard labor. It's not new.

And again, this is a ####hole third world country run by a dictator. A little wiki reading would let you know what a sentence if hard labor means in NK
The prisoners are forced to perform hard and dangerous slave labor with primitive means in mining and agriculture. The food rations are very small, so the prisoners are constantly on the brink of starvation. In combination with the hard work, this leads to huge numbers of prisoners dying. An estimated 40% of prisoners die from malnutrition.[121] Moreover, many prisoners are crippled from work accidents, frostbite or torture. There is a rigid punishment system in the camp. Prisoners who work too slowly or do not obey an order are beaten or tortured.[109] In cases of stealing food or attempting to escape, the prisoners are publicly executed.

Hijinx

Why do you believe we should get involved in a skirmish with NK? I personally see no long-lasting interest in the effort other than.... because Democracy :shrug:

IIf we go into N Korea , it will be in self defense. The N. Koreans have made no secret they want to have an ICBM capable of hitting the U.S.
Now we have a crazed lunatic who already has the Nuke and he wants a delivery system.
Do we really want to be threatened by this nut case/

Anything we can do for the N . Koreans Civil rights is secondary to stopping a lunatic from threatening The Mid East, Hawai and our mainland.

Now that is my long term interest.

hotbikermama40

IIf we go into N Korea , it will be in self defense. The N. Koreans have made no secret they want to have an ICBM capable of hitting the U.S.
Now we have a crazed lunatic who already has the Nuke and he wants a delivery system.
Do we really want to be threatened by this nut case/

Anything we can do for the N . Koreans Civil rights is secondary to stopping a lunatic from threatening The Mid East, Hawai and our mainland.

Now that is my long term interest.

President Trump gave China the leeway to do something and it didn't work. Or they wouldn't work. Whatever. Time to bring the big dog out of her cage.

Midnightrider

Sure. It's whatever you're going to make it; because that's what you'll do anyway.

:killingme
Blaming your inability to defend an idiotic position on others is no way to go through life son.
Bwhahahaha

I'm guessing you ignored that part about hard labor and what it actually means too :killingme

This_person

I was actually not talking about NK. you and I seemed to be heading to a broader philosophy of American foreign policy. You said that we should fix ourselves to the exclusion of projecting any outside influence, and I suggested that we are working on most of our problems while projecting outward. I then asked if your philosophy was still your philosophy when taken to the hyperbolic (another Hitler), and you deflected to why we got into WWII. I'm asking now again, in your philosophy, should we get involved if we see a mass genocide of a race, color, creed, nationality, religion, hair type, or any other massive genocide?

Hijinx

I was actually not talking about NK. you and I seemed to be heading to a broader philosophy of American foreign policy. You said that we should fix ourselves to the exclusion of projecting any outside influence, and I suggested that we are working on most of our problems while projecting outward. I then asked if your philosophy was still your philosophy when taken to the hyperbolic (another Hitler), and you deflected to why we got into WWII. I'm asking now again, in your philosophy, should we get involved if we see a mass genocide of a race, color, creed, nationality, religion, hair type, or any other massive genocide?

Well I say to the question of when should we interfere with mass genocide, that today we are watching mass genocide in Muslim countries as they kill off thousand upon thousands of Christians and we do nothing about it.