Otto Warmbierh as died

PsyOps

Pixelated
:killingme
Blaming your inability to defend an idiotic position on others is no way to go through life son.
Bwhahahaha

I'm guessing you ignored that part about hard labor and what it actually means too :killingme

Nope. You got me. You win. He deserved to die. Got it.

Restitution

I was actually not talking about NK. you and I seemed to be heading to a broader philosophy of American foreign policy. You said that we should fix ourselves to the exclusion of projecting any outside influence, and I suggested that we are working on most of our problems while projecting outward. I then asked if your philosophy was still your philosophy when taken to the hyperbolic (another Hitler), and you deflected to why we got into WWII. I'm asking now again, in your philosophy, should we get involved if we see a mass genocide of a race, color, creed, nationality, religion, hair type, or any other massive genocide?

No. We have our own problems to FIX first.

And thanks for the recap however,, this entire thread has to do with NK so excuse me for trying to stay on topic.

If "mass genocide" becomes a problem, there are plenty of other countries (NATO??) that can lead the charge. After 50+ years of doing it, I think we have earned the right to sit out for a while and focus on our own issues a little more seriously.

Midnightrider

nice strawman. But that isn't my argument at all. My arguement is that he has no one to blame but himself.

Or course my other point is that your implication that we should take military action in NK over this is just plain idiotic.

and then there is my poiint that you dont seem to understand the meaning and signifigance of 'hard labor'.

so yeah, i win, but not for the reasons you want to pretend.......

This_person

No. We have our own problems to FIX first.

And thanks for the recap however,, this entire thread has to do with NK so excuse me for trying to stay on topic.

If "mass genocide" becomes a problem, there are plenty of other countries (NATO??) that can lead the charge. After 50+ years of doing it, I think we have earned the right to sit out for a while and focus on our own issues a little more seriously.
We are in NATO. Are you advocating for us to leave NATO?

PsyOps

Pixelated
nice strawman.

Yup! Strawman. That's what I do. No really. You win. Warmbier had it coming to him. He was stupid to even go there, and deserved to die as a result. No mercy. We should actually be thanking North Korea for offing another American spy, or whatever he was.

Restitution

Maybe he didn't deserve to die. You may have a moral point HOWEVER, he knew the risks (or at least he should have known) and he decided to take a risk and got burned.

I already know where this is gonna go but, I am guessing that you have not been on much international travel.

PJay

I often thought about Otto after his kidnapping. Somehow I knew he wouldn't survive. This is horrifically sad.

Prayed for a miracle, but not meant to be.

Totally bomb that place off the map...NOW! Fat man must die.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Stop it. :smack: Nobody said that.

You sound like Rush Limbaugh. He was going off yesterday about how "the Left" is saying that the rich privileged white boy had it coming, and I have not seen that in my wanderings through Progville. A couple of random psychos, sure, but they get sat down by their political brethren when they spout that nonsense.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Maybe he didn't deserve to die. You may have a moral point HOWEVER, he knew the risks (or at least he should have known) and he decided to take a risk and got burned.

He "got burned" is an understatement.

I already know where this is gonna go but, I am guessing that you have not been on much international travel.

Not much... just Korea, the PI, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Berlin, (before the wall came down) both west and east, Turkey, Saudi Arabia... :lol:

Last edited:

This_person

It seems you have a problem staying on point and have a burning desire to lead things into different directions.... :shrug:

I am attempting to make the points to you that (a) it is far more complicated than you are allowing for, and (b) we are capable of working on and fixing more than one thing at a time.

But, you can't say "let NATO do it" when we are by far the vast major player in NATO, unless you are advocating for us pulling out of NATO.

Restitution

I am attempting to make the points to you that (a) it is far more complicated than you are allowing for, and (b) we are capable of working on and fixing more than one thing at a time.

But, you can't say "let NATO do it" when we are by far the vast major player in NATO, unless you are advocating for us pulling out of NATO.

If it is soooooo complicated, then tell me why just about every other country on the planet has ZERO problem doing it?

And YES, if it takes pulling out of NATO to let someone else (or many others) to tow the line then so be it.

Restitution

Not much... just Korea, the PI, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Berlin, (before the wall came down) both west and east, Turkey, Saudi Arabia... :lol:

Like I said.... I already knew where this was gonna go.

So, riddle me this seasoned world traveler. If you are the globe trotting expert that you boast to be then tell me why you are even asking these questions? Being the expert that you are, you SHOULD KNOW BETTER than most about abiding by the host country's rules, laws, and customs.

This guy went to a country where the slightest of mistakes can bring HUGE penalties. He went knowing this and of his own free will, and you.... world traveler, are shocked and appalled when this guy gets treated the way he did.

Were all of those places you mentioned just airport visits?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Ninja please. You dug in pages ago and now you are throwing up straw men so you can try to save face. I'm not going to bother going back threw all of your posts to embarrass you.

Yes, straw........................... men. Men made of straw. Must save face. Face saved?

Hijinx

Like I said.... I already knew where this was gonna go.

So, riddle me this seasoned world traveler. If you are the globe trotting expert that you boast to be then tell me why you are even asking these questions? Being the expert that you are, you SHOULD KNOW BETTER than most about abiding by the host country's rules, laws, and customs.

This guy went to a country where the slightest of mistakes can bring HUGE penalties. He went knowing this and of his own free will, and you.... world traveler, are shocked and appalled when this guy gets treated the way he did.

Were all of those places you mentioned just airport visits?

I suspect he isn't as shocked and appalled as he is angry that supposed human beings could be such savages.
It is amazing that a whole country can be so frightened as to accept this kind of action to any other human being.
Especially when most of the time it is to their relatives, and fellow citizens.

Restitution

I suspect he isn't as shocked and appalled as he is angry that supposed human beings could be such savages.
It is amazing that a whole country can be so frightened as to accept this kind of action to any other human being.
Especially when most of the time it is to their relatives, and fellow citizens.

I agree somewhat. I am also shocked and appalled at what happened HOWEVER, I will not advocate some kind of action from the US because one of our citizens chose to ignore all the warning signs and got killed.

Now, if this guy was kidnapped by NK personnel and forced into the country and this happened.... GAME ON :yay:

Hijinx

I agree somewhat. I am also shocked and appalled at what happened HOWEVER, I will not advocate some kind of action from the US because one of our citizens chose to ignore all the warning signs and got killed.

Now, if this guy was kidnapped by NK personnel and forced into the country and this happened.... GAME ON :yay:

Much like you I feel the kid was a fool for entering N.Korea in the first place and I do not advocate starting a war because of it.
Much as I feel that now with Cuba being open any person who goes there is on their own.
I am upset that the Obama Administration did little for this kid.
I guess they were too busy freeing terrorists to buy back an American Traitor .