Paranoid America

Christy

b*tch rocket
Kerad said:
I think I made my point....

I think you are making a stretch. I also think the whole issue was blown out of proportion. I imagine there are concerns that are investigated on a daily basis, people taken off of planes and questioned, Muslim or Redneck Whitey. Hell you even have politicians (who get all indignant and cry like little girls about it) pulled aside and questioned.

It is the nature of the beast, and it's not that big of a deal. If you're not a terrorist, then you don't have anything to worry about when they ask you what your business is. :shrug:

Kerad

Christy said:
I think you are making a stretch. I also think the whole issue was blown out of proportion. I imagine there are concerns that are investigated on a daily basis, people taken off of planes and questioned, Muslim or Redneck Whitey. Hell you even have politicians (who get all indignant and cry like little girls about it) pulled aside and questioned.

It is the nature of the beast, and it's not that big of a deal. If you're not a terrorist, then you don't have anything to worry about when they ask you what your business is. :shrug:

Again...I'll agree with you.

It's not a big deal to me if I get yanked off a plane if someone thinks I'm a terrorist because "Enter Sandman" was leaking out of my earphones.

But look at what it does. It's a big deal.. It cancels flights...it makes national news. Why? Because some paranoid freakshow had a spaz attack.

So the whole flight gets canceled, has to stay overnight, and rebooked the next day. Which causes another flight to get boinked. Etc...etc.

I've said it many times before in other threads...so it's not at all this one that makes me say it.

Still...the terrorists have already won. They won long ago. Their goal was to make us afraid of living our everyday lives in a free society.

They won. :ohwell:

Pete

Repete
Kerad said:
Again...I'll agree with you.

It's not a big deal to me if I get yanked off a plane if someone thinks I'm a terrorist because "Enter Sandman" was leaking out of my earphones.

But look at what it does. It's a big deal.. It cancels flights...it makes national news. Why? Because some paranoid freakshow had a spaz attack.

So the whole flight gets canceled, has to stay overnight, and rebooked the next day. Which causes another flight to get boinked. Etc...etc.

I've said it many times before in other threads...so it's not at all this one that makes me say it.

Still...the terrorists have already won. They won long ago. Their goal was to make us afraid of living our everyday lives in a free society.

They won. :ohwell:
And the option is? Live with total ambivalence to terrorism and die in droves as so not to upset someones sensitive feelings?

Kerad

Pete said:
And the option is? Live with total ambivalence to terrorism and die in droves as so not to upset someones sensitive feelings?

Well, if your idea of being vigilant is freaking out everytime we hear a foreign language...then there is no solution, is there.

God forbid if Bin Laden gets smart enough to pay off some British losers...some Asians...some Texans...

Then what?

Kerad

Christy said:
I think you're being a bit dramatic. :drama:

I still don't see what all the fuss is about. :ohwell:

ME?!?!?!

DRAMATIC!!!!???!!!!

Well...I NEVER!!!!!

:drama:

Oh...it's about ARAB SPEAKING MEN ON A PLANE!!!!!!!

:jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

Attachments

• av348-arab-on-plane.jpg
    av348-arab-on-plane.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 60

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyway, let's pretend he is for a minute since it seems to suit some bizarre purpose:

Did Timothy McVeigh take out the Murrah Bldg in the name of redneckery?

No.

Did he do it at the command of other rednecks?

No.

Are other rednecks praising him and hailing him as a hero?

No.

Are those non-praising, non-hailing rednecks perpetrating more attacks?

No.

Was Timothy McVeigh apprehended by his own government and put to death by a jury of his peers?

Yes.

So Kerad, you're being stupid and your argument makes no sense.

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Certainly Bush hasn't helped the situation, tying Iraq to 9/11 any chance he gets. I'm certain that this has subliminally worked its way in the the American psyche so that our arabic xenophobia is in prime form.

Kerad said:
:nono:

That's not the point.

The point is...I guess...that since 9/11, being suspicious of every Muslim on a plane is "natural".

I understand...and I don't argue that.

However....after the Oklahoma City bombing...

Why isn't it just as "natural" to be suspicious of Rednecks in a Ryder truck? Or Rednecks near a federal building?

There are a hell of a lot more Rednecks in America then Muslims.

What should we do about them?

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Yeh, well it wasn't you pulled off the airplane because passengers were irrationally afraid of your language and skin color.

It's no big deal because it wasn't YOU taken away.

Christy said:

Dork

Highlander's MPD
forestal said:
Certainly Bush hasn't helped the situation, tying Iraq to 9/11 any chance he gets. I'm certain that this has subliminally worked its way in the the American psyche so that our arabic xenophobia is in prime form.

Forcedstool. You spew so much anger and hatred torward President Bush. What has he done that has directly affected your life? Why so much anger? To not like him is very common among Americans, but your feelings obviously go far beyond that.

Christy

b*tch rocket
forestal said:
Yeh, well it wasn't you pulled off the airplane because passengers were irrationally afraid of your language and skin color.

It's no big deal because it wasn't YOU taken away.

Quit being daft. :duh: BFD if I were removed and questioned. Again, they were removed from the plane, questioned, and sent on their way. This happens all of the time with all different colors, races, languages etc.. YOU are being irrationally hysterical and making mountains out of molehills.

R

RadioPatrol

Kerad said:

That's not the point.

The point is...I guess...that since 9/11, being suspicious of every Muslim on a plane is "natural".

Why isn't it just as "natural" to be suspicious of Rednecks in a Ryder truck? Or Rednecks near a federal building?

#### Off ....... everyone got hassled when JL Malvo was killing people all over the DC Area ........ I know I got searched twice :smack:

I know another forumite living in Bowie across from the elementary school where the boy was shot ...... had his SUV searched, with his consent or knowledge during the search, cause he owns a .223 Daewoo K1

state police pulled gun sale records and started searching for anyone who had purchased a weapon in .223 or 5.56 mm :whistle:

SamSpade

forestal said:
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]

[/font]NBC News reported Thursday on an incident at the San Diego airport in which "an American airlines flight to Chicago was delayed because a passenger was scared of several Arabic-speaking men on board."

I highly recommend speaking Chechen on a Russian flight. It's lots of fun.

Mikeinsmd

forestal said:
Speak english in America and have no problem. How hard is that? :duh:

Hey pukeface, here's what your friendly muslims do to those who won't follow them. Warning: Very graphic. Gott love those kooky muslims eh stool?? :lmao: :smack:

http://www.zombietime.com/thai_jihad_photos/

To the defenders of the muslims on here...... find me some recent photos of similar acts performed by other religious fanatics in the name of their religion. KILL EM ALL!!!! :patriot:

Thanks to the person who sent to me. :yay:

Mikeinsmd

Kerad said:

And to think I included you in those lefties who could hold their own in here..... I won't make that blunder again. Thanks for proving what an idiot you are. :lmao:

AndyMarquisLIVE

RadioPatrol said:
#### Off ....... everyone got hassled when JL Malvo was killing people all over the DC Area ........ I know I got searched twice :smack:

I know another forumite living in Bowie across from the elementary school where the boy was shot ...... had his SUV searched, with his consent or knowledge during the search, cause he owns a .223 Daewoo K1

state police pulled gun sale records and started searching for anyone who had purchased a weapon in .223 or 5.56 mm :whistle:
I remember on Day 2, MSNBC, NBC News reported a Blue Caprice. Then, it became a white box truck and everybody searched for a white box truck (which are EVERYWHERE in DC).

I actually remember when the boy was shot. I knew his girlfriend (at the time). Talk about a nervous wreck.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Kerad said:

That's not the point.

GET OUT OF MY FACE :lmao:

Timothy McVeigh wasn't 5 men sitting on a plane talking (in a foriegn ####in language, ARABIC, imagine that :jet:) about how they were going to smash planes into a side of a building.

So, you're somehow translating that into 2 rednecks sitting in a Ryder truck. How about 6 rednecks watching a football game. 6 rednecks watching the Daytona 500, oh we should be so scared of that. They might be planning one hell of a party if Junyer wins. :jet:

CAPPY2609

dont be dumb
aps45819 said:
Yes really
When a gray haired, 70 year old 100 lb woman has a set of knitting needles I don't fear that she will assualt me.
ALL hijackings and bombings done on US territory in the last 10 years were committed by young middle eastern males.

What's stupid is ignoring that
Thanks for being publicly stupid AGAIN :lol:

oklahoma city, but thanks for playing......

AndyMarquisLIVE

Mikeinsmd said:
Speak english in America and have no problem. How hard is that? :duh:

Hey pukeface, here's what your friendly muslims do to those who won't follow them. Warning: Very graphic. Gott love those kooky muslims eh stool?? :lmao: :smack:

http://www.zombietime.com/thai_jihad_photos/

To the defenders of the muslims on here...... find me some recent photos of similar acts performed by other religious fanatics in the name of their religion. KILL EM ALL!!!! :patriot:

Thanks to the person who sent to me. :yay:
I knew when I saw you posted on here that it would be rich.