pit bulls/rottweilers

mgdbaa

Two pit bulls just chewed up and killed a guy in Leesburg this week, was the brother of the dogs owner.:shrug:
Well I doubt that you know all of the details of that story. Dogs are not just going to come up to anyone and attack them unless they feel threatended. Dogs are very smart. Probable smarter then some people I have met. Dogs can sense if someone is a bad person.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Pits and Rots are/were good breeds as long as they have been bred responsibly. Unfortunately human greed has interbred and watered down bloodlines to the point of inbreeding. The issue that i have with un-ethical people is that they ruin things for responsible people and create situations that could have been avoided if the simple removal of the certain people from the gene pool were allowed!

as with ALL breeds!!! Jack Russells, GSD's, Labs

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Well I doubt that you know all of the details of that story. Dogs are not just going to come up to anyone and attack them unless they feel threatended. Dogs are very smart. Probable smarter then some people I have met. Dogs can sense if someone is a bad person.

post 37 gives what details I can release

UncleBacon

It is looking like he didnt do anything to "provoke" them. The two dogs where fighting and thru the investigation it is looking that he was trying to break the fight up and they did turn on him. The dogs were PTS yesterday so they could retrieve the dental impressions from them for the investigation.

That is where it stands now.

so sad all the way around.

and that's what he did wrong...when dogs are in the heat of the moment you should never try to break them up just by yourself...you're just asking to get bit...I had to break up 2 dogs fighting not too long ago...my hand got nipped and luckly I only had a light scratch...I don't blame the dogs i shgould never of put my hands on them while they were fighting I should of used another means like spray them with a hose or something of that sort

UncleBacon

another thing people seem to forget....they're animals with certain insticts that just doesn't get bred out...not just dogs all pets...people take a risk with what ever pet they have...sure they may be domesticated now but they still have instinctive behaviors just like people do

Mojo

and that's what he did wrong...when dogs are in the heat of the moment you should never try to break them up just by yourself...you're just asking to get bit...I had to break up 2 dogs fighting not too long ago...my hand got nipped and luckly I only had a light scratch...I don't blame the dogs i shgould never of put my hands on them while they were fighting I should of used another means like spray them with a hose or something of that sort

:yeahthat: A friend of mine tried to break up his Rottweilers and lost a finger :doh:.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

Oh I hear ya!! Dogs are going to have "melt downs" ... try not to get in the middle of them!

SoMDGirl42

Oh I hear ya!! Dogs are going to have "melt downs" ... try not to get in the middle of them!

I wouldn't have a problem getting in the middle of a fight between Mac and Tosh, but I'd let V and E eat each other alive :killingme

mgdbaa

Thats right. You cannot break up dog fights. Its kinda like if you have more then 1 dog in your household, there is going to be a dominate one. Sooner or later dogs will test each other to prove which one is the dominate one of the house. Once that has been established between the dogs, it usually will stay quiet after that. That guy should have just gotten the little dog and got out of the way. That was dumb.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Thats right. You cannot break up dog fights. Its kinda like if you have more then 1 dog in your household, there is going to be a dominate one. Sooner or later dogs will test each other to prove which one is the dominate one of the house. Once that has been established between the dogs, it usually will stay quiet after that. That guy should have just gotten the little dog and got out of the way. That was dumb.

I have 4 large dogs in my house hold.... 2 males and 2 females... at times THEY ALL want to be in charge. 90% of the time my one male IS TOP DOG and then "it happens".... my other male wants to challenge and the melt down happens. I usually let them work it out and just monitor the scuffle so Im not the one sittin at the ER vet (well.. I have enough stuff at home I will do most of it at home and then think about going up there LOL)

well my two females are the worst!!! Males forgive and forget... Females hold grudges!!! Dang Biznitches!!!!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I'm gonna say something I've never said in any forum anywhere. WTF?? I never said I wanted them to be shut ins, and from my first post I have made it clear that the problem could very well be my own. All I want is opinions.
Sheeesh!

And the answers you've got are that the problem is in fact with you so what are you still confused about?

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
And the answers you've got are that the problem is in fact with you so what are you still confused about?

I thought thats what everyone gave?

:shrug: (she should feel luck they didnt attack her due to a pit thread!)

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I thought thats what everyone gave?

:shrug: (she should feel luck they didnt attack her due to a pit thread!)

They did and she was all like "WTF I just wanted opinions!" She got them so I was wondering just what in the hell she was WTFing...

I'm gonna say something I've never said in any forum anywhere. WTF?? I never said I wanted them to be shut ins, and from my first post I have made it clear that the problem could very well be my own. All I want is opinions.
Sheeesh!

You have your opinion and everyone else has developed theirs. So what are you looking for, a blanket concencious where everyone agrees???

Opinions are like ass-holes, everyone has one and they all stink...

With that said I am going to say something I have never said in a forum before either, STUF!

mgdbaa

I love these threads. They always end up the exact same.
yep. I hope theres one like yesturdays arguements about right or wrong with the body found in LP. Its Friday, and I need a good laugh to get through the day. Hey, where are the guys that were fighting from yesturday? I don't think I saw them on this thread arguing about the dogs yet. Someone should send them an invite.:lmao:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
yep. I hope theres one like yesturdays arguements about right or wrong with the body found in LP. Its Friday, and I need a good laugh to get through the day. Hey, where are the guys that were fighting from yesturday? I don't think I saw them on this thread arguing about the dogs yet. Someone should send them an invite.:lmao:

is this a play on the word turd?

SoMDGirl42

ummmmm, today is Thursday.

and it's t-h-e-r-e-'-s , y-e-s-t-e-r-d-a-y and a-r-g-u-m-e-n-t-s

YW, have a great day