Question

millertc

The choice is yours but my sister trims her cats nails and she also puts these little nail cover things on them. Once they got older they stopped scratching.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
NO..She can NEVER go out..
And here come the ration you dont want...
Get scratching posts, claw tips...but do not, never declaw her unless you are willing to have the same done to you..
It is the amputation of the first joint of each finger.

In addition to the physical trauma, there is emotional trauma...a nice cat turns mean.

You are better off getting a new home for your cat that you can not work with instead of crippling her for LIFE.

Why bother having her if you cant train or wont train her?

Go spent the $$$ on cat trees, scratching posts, etc instead of having her finger tips amputated.....

And lean how to trim her nails!!!!!

It's a good thing you're here, Stink. I've never had a cat before and just wouldn't know what to do with one without your expert guidance.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

Attachments

• gidgetcathat.jpg
    gidgetcathat.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 84

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
My sister trims her cats nails and she also puts these little nail cover things on them. Once they got older they stopped scratching.

:yay: This is a 6 month old kitten. I have 5 cats and none of them claw the furniture. Every now and then they'll sorta stretch out on the couch but because the "hooks" are trimmed, they can't tear up anything.

I have a couple cat trees and lots of toys. I use cat nip on the trees every now and then and the cats love to claw at the cat trees.

T

toppick08

I've got a hamster she can chase..:shrug:

or a spider she can play with..:evil:

W

Wenchy

NO..She can NEVER go out..
And here come the ration you dont want...
Get scratching posts, claw tips...but do not, never declaw her unless you are willing to have the same done to you..
It is the amputation of the first joint of each finger.

In addition to the physical trauma, there is emotional trauma...a nice cat turns mean.

You are better off getting a new home for your cat that you can not work with instead of crippling her for LIFE.

Why bother having her if you cant train or wont train her?

Go spent the $$$ on cat trees, scratching posts, etc instead of having her finger tips amputated.....

And lean how to trim her nails!!!!!

The kitties I had declawed did not get mean.

One continued going outside and kept all the wildlife and neighborhood dogs at bay.

I don't like the process but will do it again if the cat is scratching and tearing up things it's not supposed to.

Vrai? Yank those babies out. They will be fine.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have not yet made the decision to have her declawed - just wanting opinions/reasons as to why she couldn't still go outside even with no claws.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
HELP!!!! The evil declawed beasts are after me!!! :jameo:

Attachments

• Cats 9-23-07 008.jpg
    Cats 9-23-07 008.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Cats 9-23-07 005.jpg
    Cats 9-23-07 005.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Cats 9-23-07 007.jpg
    Cats 9-23-07 007.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Cats 9-23-07 002.jpg
    Cats 9-23-07 002.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Cats 9-21-07.jpg
    Cats 9-21-07.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 120
I

Inkpen

You are so full of chit your eyes are brown!! :smack:

I had both my cats done and they are fine!! They weren't traumatized and they are friendly as ever.

You're a friggin MORON! :loser:

Wow...How right you are...my eyes are brown, take after my Mum!!!

You are the moron to take perfect animals and have their finger tips amputated....ever watched a vet do a declaw?
I have..as a vet tech..and the post op pain...OUCH!!!!
Might make you realize how tramatic it is for them.
But you are the true moron, and cant train a cat to use a scratching post...so you have your cats toes butchered.

Pandora

Yea, Zoey and that food devouring machine you gave me have litter box issues. They keep filling it up!! :mad:

I have a pup that cleans mine out! :ohwell: I have tried EVERYTHING and have been working with my vet on this problem but the thing is, a dog that eats poop is the hardest thing to change. My cats will not eat food that has anything 'added' to it and if the cat uses the box during the day, I cannot be here to quickly scoop it. She doesn't eat my other dogs poop, just the kitties whether it is inside or outside and I feed her quality dog food.

I was told by the vet that this is caused by poor puppy training and she didn't come to us until she was about 6 months old. All I can do is reduce the problem, watch her but she gets it sometimes because there is no way in hell I can be on a young JRT every minute. I'm too old and they are too fast!

dawn

Ouch, I know that feeling I have a leather love leat and chair that my cats has all but destroyed. I have three cats that have claws and one that is declawed. I got so angry at them a few months ago and called the vet inquiring about declawing and was told that all my cats weigh too much and they will not do it as their weight will put too much pressure on their feet at this point in their lives. My cats range in weight of 6 pounds to 23 pounds. The cat I got declawed was 8 years ago, he went in and got fixed and his feet done at 9 weeks.

I took one of my cats in to get shaved (he is a long hair cat and became matted when we were in florida), they groomed his feet (for only 10.00) and his claws are soooo short, I love it. I am having all my cats feet groomed. My one cat was done right before halloween and they still have a long way to go before they can do any damage. It is a wonderful 10.00 investment!

Good luck.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I took one of my cats in to get shaved (he is a long hair cat and became matted when we were in florida), they groomed his feet (for only 10.00) and his claws are soooo short, I love it. I am having all my cats feet groomed. My one cat was done right before halloween and they still have a long way to go before they can do any damage. It is a wonderful 10.00 investment!

Good luck.

That would be worth $10 :yay: Where did you take him?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I have not yet made the decision to have her declawed - just wanting opinions/reasons as to why she couldn't still go outside even with no claws.
They come homoe in a day or two and all you do is use shredded paper in the litter box for a week. They didn't whine and were happy as....well as cats.

These chase each other and roll and play all over the place. They are fine.

DO IT!! Not like Kerad is gonna call the USSS on ya. :lmao:

I

Inkpen

Yeah really and that appears to be a leather chair.... :ohwell:

Ink,

You really think they turn mean? My mother did rescue work, of course this was many years ago, and she declawed a couple of cats because they were tearing stuff up. I don't remember them ever being mean and it was done before they were older than 1 year old. :shrug:

They have a new laser procedure out now that is supposed to be less intrusive.

You go and hae yout finger tips removed and see how well you do.

And your mom actually cut off cats finger tips?
I did not know she was a vet....

Ever talk to any amputee,...and head about phantom pain?

Declawing is cruel and done for the benefit of the owner...ONLY!!!!
No benefit for the cat...at all!!!!
If you think I am wrong, then feel free to list all the ways a declaw benefits a cat.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Wow...How right you are...my eyes are brown, take after my Mum!!!

You are the moron to take perfect animals and have their finger tips amputated....ever watched a vet do a declaw?
I have..as a vet tech..and the post op pain...OUCH!!!!
Might make you realize how tramatic it is for them.
But you are the true moron, and cant train a cat to use a scratching post...so you have your cats toes butchered.
:baby: