Question

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
SPOILED kitties and the last picture with that look and slant eyes shows it! :lol:
No, she's plotting her evil revenge on me!! :cds:

OMFG!!!! She just pulled the wii remote off the table to play with the strap!!!! I think she's going to hit me with it!!! :cds:

Someone come save me!!! :jameo:

W

Wenchy

Wow...How right you are...my eyes are brown, take after my Mum!!!

You are the moron to take perfect animals and have their finger tips amputated....ever watched a vet do a declaw?
I have..as a vet tech..and the post op pain...OUCH!!!!
Might make you realize how tramatic it is for them.
But you are the true moron, and cant train a cat to use a scratching post...so you have your cats toes butchered.

Calm down. I've watched it and seen them recuperate. Piece of cake for them but the prodedure was bad (for me)

I've declawed about ten. Current is clawed and will remain that way.

I have a scratching post. BSGal has seen it.

I

Inkpen

It's a good thing you're here, Stink. I've never had a cat before and just wouldn't know what to do with one without your expert guidance.

Well, it is very obvious that you have never owned a cat as at the first sing of problems, you want to butcher your cat.

Better to get her in a cat friendly home than to cut off her finger tips because you cant or wont work with her to correct her behavior.

And call me all the names you want....I dont butcher cats because I am too lazy to work with them....
And that is what is all comes down to.....

Again, if I am wrong, please tell me,, HOW a cat benefits from this surgery.

Otherwise go and talk with a few vets and learn some ways to correct their behavior !!!

dawn

That would be worth $10 :yay: Where did you take him?

To their vet -- St. Charles Animal Hospital. I was really surprised it was that cheap at the actual vets, I got him groomed and peticured for $68.00 and I specifically asked the price for the claws because I was at my wits end with my cats and them tearing up the furniture (the three with claws are all 5 and just recently, like in the last 7 months started tearing up the furniture.

I was afraid to go to petco or petsmart. I have had such bad luck with animals this year, I wanted to be sure if anything happened to him that there was a doctor in the house (I was unsure if they would have to sedate him for the grooming).

Pandora

You know, I was just thinking, what about soft paws? Is there anyone who uses that? They say you trim the nail, apply soft paws and it last 4-6 weeks?

You go and hae yout finger tips removed and see how well you do.

And your mom actually cut off cats finger tips?
I did not know she was a vet....

Ever talk to any amputee,...and head about phantom pain?

Declawing is cruel and done for the benefit of the owner...ONLY!!!!
No benefit for the cat...at all!!!!
If you think I am wrong, then feel free to list all the ways a declaw benefits a cat.

My mother is dead so don't be spatting about my mother, she took them to the vet and had it done to two of her cats before the Internet when anything that you wanted to know more about had to be done at the library.

I

Inkpen

:yay: This is a 6 month old kitten. I have 5 cats and none of them claw the furniture. Every now and then they'll sorta stretch out on the couch but because the "hooks" are trimmed, they can't tear up anything.

I have a couple cat trees and lots of toys. I use cat nip on the trees every now and then and the cats love to claw at the cat trees.

Same here.... I have adult cats,,,and NO damage to the house...and I have several scratching posts and I trim nails on a regular basis.

I do it because I care about the health and welfare of my cats AND my house.

T

toppick08

Well, it is very obvious that you have never owned a cat as at the first sing of problems, you want to butcher your cat.Better to get her in a cat friendly home than to cut off her finger tips because you cant or wont work with her to correct her behavior.

And call me all the names you want....I dont butcher cats because I am too lazy to work with them....

Otherwise go and talk with a few vets and learn some ways to correct their behavior !!!

Chinese tonight.......??

:lol:

get a grip, I'll butcher any animal if I'm starving.

I

Inkpen

Calm down. I've watched it and seen them recuperate. Piece of cake for them but the prodedure was bad (for me)

Good for you for doing 10...did know your were a Vet either!
Cool!!!
How much do you charge to cut their toes off?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

I used to work in a vet's office. The procedure IS NOT a piece of cake for them. Granted the procedure has changed over the years but they still experience unnecessary pain.

I don't let any of my cats out anyway. But I suppose that's another thread. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

You mean it can be reversed?

:lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, it is very obvious that you have never owned a cat as at the first sing of problems, you want to butcher your cat.

Better to get her in a cat friendly home than to cut off her finger tips because you cant or wont work with her to correct her behavior.

:lmao:

Yeah. Anyway...

I think I'll call the vet and get them to clip her nails. :yay:

I

Inkpen

My mother is dead so don't be spatting about my mother, she took them to the vet and had it done to two of her cats before the Internet when anything that you wanted to know more about had to be done at the library.

Whooo....You said QUOTE: My mother did rescue work, of course this was many years ago, and she declawed a couple of cats because they were tearing stuff up END QUOTE.

I asked if she was a Vet...so there is no spatting about your mum...you just did not tell the whole truth and lead people to believe she did the declaws herself!

Pandora

Whooo....You said QUOTE: My mother did rescue work, of course this was many years ago, and she declawed a couple of cats because they were tearing stuff up END QUOTE.

I asked if she was a Vet...so there is no spatting about your mum...you just did not tell the whole truth and lead people to believe she did the declaws herself!

I wasn't trying to lead anyone to believe my mother declawed the animals, you came to that conclusion - maybe I could have worded it better but you are just being difficult and want to argue. :ohwell:

I

Inkpen

I would cut your fingers off for free so you can't type anymore :dance:

I dont scratch up stuff.....

Vrai..go cut them off... you don't care......I can't care...I can not advocate for your cat that you choose to give up on....you just want someone to tell you it is OK to do what you have all ready decided to do.

Go do the noble deed and take your cat and get it declawed...it is the easier thing for you.

T

toppick08

I dont scratch up stuff.....

Vrai..go cut them off... you don't care......I can't care...I can not advocate for your cat that you choose to give up on....you just want someone to tell you it is OK to do what you have all ready decided to do.

Go do the noble deed and take your cat and get it declawed...it is the easier thing for you.

:cds: