Restaurants...

Mikeru

I was hoping there'd be a lot of good mom & pop places in SoMD. So far, I've stuck mainly to 235... and haven't seen anything but big name chains. Are there any good local places around here that aren't seafood restaurants?

Solomons tends to have mainly seafood places everytime I look around... which wouldn't be so bad if the fishy smell and taste that most seafood has didn't make me heave.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
Do Dah Deli! Bit pricey, but some of the best food around. There's one in Ridge (stay on 235 South until you almost reach the end. It's on the right if your coming from the north, almost across from St. Michaels School) and one in Leonardtown (somewhere on 5, not sure where).

sockgirl77

Do Dah Deli! Bit pricey, but some of the best food around. There's one in Ridge (stay on 235 South until you almost reach the end. It's on the right if your coming from the north, almost across from St. Michaels School) and one in Leonardtown (somewhere on 5, not sure where).
Not impressed with their food and definitley not with their prices. :boo:

sockgirl77

If you're into mexican food, Monterey's in San Souci is great. Food, service, and prices are awesome! As far as chinese, I love Hunan Wok in St. Mary's Square. And if you're looking for a good steak, take a drive up to LaPlata and go to Texas Roadhouse.:yum:

morningbell

hmmmmmm

Do Dah Deli is great BUT there are big differences from the one in Ridge to the one in Leonardtown. I get great service and great food at the and the price per portion is excellent. I had lunch there today, the homemade crab soup is AMAZING.

As far as other mom and pop, it seems like a lot come and go. There was Bistro Avelleno's that lasted all of a few months this past year, Now that has been replaced with the Grid Iron Grill (Callaway) which if you search the forums, it got crappy reviews so far. Chef's American Bistro, Cafe Des Artiste, The Tides, those places I have enjoyed as well.

It's sad that there aren't many more mom & pop places, With chains it's the same old same old :barf:

georgeb

mom and pops

Linda's Cafe- this is truely Ma&Pa its across from Gate 2 of NAS PAX in that lil shopping center. I think the kitchen is actually filled with everyone's Grandmas.

As for just non chain places (wouldn't really call them Ma&Pa) American Bistro wins hands down. Haven't had a bad meal there yet.

DoDah Deli isn't nearly as bad as they say, but isn't nearly as good as some claim. Its a great deli sandwich spot.

Sun Shine's Oasis Bar and Grill (Old Monks) in Ridge has great upgraded bar food.

The captain's table in Solomons (i know you said no seafood) but great ribs and steak as well...

As for GridIron Grill....atmosphere is neat, food and drinks way over priced. And their wings are tuff....but then again they JUST openned.

Monteray's Mexican is pretty damn awesome if you like Mexican.

man now i'm hungry and I want breakfast

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I was hoping there'd be a lot of good mom & pop places in SoMD. So far, I've stuck mainly to 235... and haven't seen anything but big name chains. Are there any good local places around here that aren't seafood restaurants?

Emily's on Great Mills Rd.
Filipino food.
Tell Emily how much you enjoy it and she might fill your plate up again

J

jp2854

there are only 2 reviews there and you have to give a new place sometime to work out the issues. My review was good. The other guy said it was ok. Well lets get others to go there and see what they think. I enjoyed the food and so did my sister-inlaw and her friend. I will be going back again.

Do Dah Deli is great BUT there are big differences from the one in Ridge to the one in Leonardtown. I get great servicetheand great food at the and the price per portion is excellent. I had lunch there today, the homemade crab soup is AMAZING.

As far as other mom and pop, it seems like a lot come and go. There was Bistro Avelleno's that lasted all of a few months this past year, Now that has been replaced with the Grid Iron Grill (Callaway) which if you search the forums, it got crappy reviews so far. Chef's American Bistro, Cafe Des Artiste, The Tides, those places I have enjoyed as well.

It's sad that there aren't many more mom & pop places, With chains it's the same old same old :barf:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jameo

What?!
What about Lenny's? I haven't been there in ages so I don't know if it's any good or not these days.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
What about Lenny's? I haven't been there in ages so I don't know if it's any good or not these days.

The Jakalopes are gone :bawl:

Was there last friday with the boy, most dinners were aroun $20 a plate. More than I wanted to spend on the kid, (he saw the lobsters in the tank and wanted one of those) so we got burgers. I had a "Lenny's Burger". It had more bacon than beef :yum: