Running With Scissors

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
jazz lady said:
I'm glad you enjoyed it. :huggy: I mostly :twitch: 'd throughout it but it did have its interesting moments. The author had one strange childhood. :lol:
It's a gay thing! Those without tendencies wouldn't understand.. :lmao:

gumbo said:
It's a gay thing! Those without tendencies wouldn't understand.. :lmao:
Nope... it's more like those secure in their hetro-sexuality can read a book with homosexual undertones without feeling threatened...:bubble:

Pandora

kwillia said:
Nope... it's more like those secure in their hetro-sexuality can read a book with homosexual undertones without feeling threatened...:bubble:

I must have homosexual undertones myself, because I was somewhat grossed out by the thought. And, I will never look at another jar of Queen Helene Cholesterol the same way. :killingme

Pandora said:
I must have homosexual undertones myself, because I was somewhat grossed out by the thought. And, I will never look at another jar of Queen Helene Cholesterol the same way. :killingme
Are you kidding... it was totally gross and ucky... but very well written and incredibly entertaining just the same...:lol: Dang, I read tons of murder mysteries and books about psychopaths, but that doesn't mean I have an urge to poke someone in the eye with an ice pick...:duh:

Pandora

kwillia said:
Are you kidding... it was totally gross and ucky... but very well written and incredibly entertaining just the same...:lol: Dang, I read tons of murder mysteries and books about psychopaths, but that doesn't mean I have an urge to poke someone in the eye with an ice pick...:duh:

Me kid? nah... never.. Oh, and I do get the urge to knock somebody off every now and then, but I remind myself it is illegal and I’m not cut out for the whole jail thing. :lol: Ick...

Seriously, the book was hysterically funny and kept my interest.

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
The good reviews here intriuge me and I usually enjoy slice-of-quirky-life books. I'll look it for the next time I hit Borders.

By the way, this is becoming a movie, starring Annette Bening, Alec Baldwin, Gwyneth Paltrow, Brian Cox, Evan Rachel Wood, and Joseph Fiennes. It comes out later this summer, I think. Early reviews for it are excellent and say it might be an Oscar contender.

Pandora

DotTheEyes said:
The good reviews here intriuge me and I usually enjoy slice-of-quirky-life books. I'll look it for the next time I hit Borders.

By the way, this is becoming a movie, starring Annette Bening, Alec Baldwin, Gwyneth Paltrow, Brian Cox, Evan Rachel Wood, and Joseph Fiennes. It comes out later this summer, I think. Early reviews for it are excellent and say it might be an Oscar contender.

I have yet to see a movie that was better than the book or at least as good as the book. :ohwell:

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
Yeah, they usually disappoint, because the filmmakers' vision just doesn't come close to how you saw things in your head. And there's always tons of content missing, which can be annoying. At the very best, they can be "just as good" as the book (The Green Mile's an example of this).

Pandora said:
I have yet to see a movie that was better than the book or at least as good as the book. :ohwell:
Exactly... just like John Irving's A Prayer For Owen Meany... the book was incredible! I was thrilled at the thought of it becoming a movie... then the movie came out... "Simon Birch" and though the movie was entertaining, it was a huge letdown. The movie was doomed from the start because there was no way they could fit that book into a two hour movie.

If you have never read the book.... I highly recommend you add it to your "Must read" list!

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
kwillia said:
Yep thats probably it..Wanna help me feel secure with my manly self :banana: While I enjoy reading it.

BTW: I'm a really slow reader :huggy:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Annette Bening :yay:, but I don't think I like long hair on her. :ohwell:
It's just a character she's playing.

I need to get another copy and re-read it before the movie comes out.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Is the long hair important to the character? I still haven't read the book.

It is the 70's do. Play the trialer and you'll see the clothes and Tab.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Oh god! I just watched the trailer and it looks like it's going to suck. :bawl:

Please, oh please let Augusten Burroughs have made a pisspot of money on the rights!!!
:downer: :mad: